2022/23 Atlanta Gladiators Thread

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Thanks for bringing some hometown hockey spirit to this forum! HUTCH can't have ALL the fun. :cheer:
the more posters of teams in a given league we can get not tied to facebook groups solely are welcomed, do not be afraid to join the discussion of the Gladiators up to this point and welcome to the boards

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Atlanta Thrashers tribute game was awesome last night

until we get our NHL team back wouldnt mind having the glads rebrand to the Thrashers

if they were to do that and move the team to State Farm Arena, i think they would avg over 5,000 fans a game

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Atlanta Thrashers tribute game was awesome last night ...
Too bad FloHockey screwed the pooch on their game stream, with audio only for quite some time (maybe the whole game - I gave up after awhile). Glad it was enjoyable for attendees, though.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Too bad FloHockey screwed the pooch on their game stream, with audio only for quite some time (maybe the whole game - I gave up after awhile). Glad it was enjoyable for attendees, though.
Not sure what the story is but the Gladiators haven't had a broadcast on FloHockey for a couple weeks now at least. They've been on, but it's always been the opponent's stream.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Not sure what the story is but the Gladiators haven't had a broadcast on FloHockey for a couple weeks now at least. They've been on, but it's always been the opponent's stream.
Their Director of Broadcasting & Communications and Play-by-Play voice got hired by the Rockford IceHogs of the AHL, his first broadcast there was last week, so that is I think a large part of why they've been linking to their opponents.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
A look at the Team Jobs Page shows they don't have a posting for it. So either they are hiring internally without a posting, or planning to ride out not have a broadcast of their own for now. There's been a recent opening for a FPHL broadcaster, so maybe there's some movement to be seen with someone going to ATL from that league.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
A look at the Team Jobs Page shows they don't have a posting for it. So either they are hiring internally without a posting, or planning to ride out not have a broadcast of their own for now. There's been a recent opening for a FPHL broadcaster, so maybe there's some movement to be seen with someone going to ATL from that league.
OR ... Atlanta is about to become an FPHL city ... :popcorn:

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
OR ... Atlanta is about to become an FPHL city ... :popcorn:
Well I mean an FPHL broadcaster in another city is leaving soon. But I guess even so, your statement could also be true. Though I doubt it and would hate to see it.

• Wow
Reactions: JMCx4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad