Prospect Info: 2022 223rd Overall Pick | D Dyllan Gill

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

“It was a great honour to be put into a leadership position this year,” Gill said.

“As a 17-year-old, it is not always easy being relied upon in a leadership role however with the experience I’ve gained so far, and support from those around me, I really felt I deserved to be put into this role,” Gill said.
“I expected a lot out of myself being in a leadership role however I am happy with how things turned out. I earned an important role on our back end, and I was able to play in all situations. I also feel that I improved in all aspects of my game, and I learned many different tools this year that I will keep using moving forward.”
“As for it being my draft year, I found I had more success when I took my mind off it and focused on being better every day.”

“I worked with our staff all season long and my progression was much better when I focus on the little details and allowing everything to come together instead of forcing the big picture.”

“There is always going to be pressure no matter what whether you’re a 16-year-old or a 20-year-old.”

“Our team expected a lot out of me, but I also expected a lot out of myself. We believed I could have an impact and that I could also keep pushing myself further than I thought I could,” Gill said.

“There was not a specific amount of pressure however I knew what was expected of me and what I had to do to accomplish that. I feel I handled the NHL draft pressure well. I did my best to focus on my game and let the draft figure itself out.”
...I need to keep working and making the most of my summers to gain muscle and speed and the rest will figure itself out whether it’s now or down the road.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad