Prospect Info: [2022 - 1st] Juraj Slafkovsky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Wright in SEA will play 2nd C as Bernier will likely play 1C. He's less likely to pile pts that way.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
I feel we need a dedicated 'Not drafting Shane Wright discussion' thread to be fair for people who want to use this thread to talk about Juraj.

I second that motion. ’Not drafting Shane Wright‘ is a whole discussion in itself.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I'm not that happy because I think he's a special talent with both the highest floor and ceiling, but this attitude and his lack of intensity gives me huge Drouin vibes. Slafkovsky is a gamer who leaves it all on the ice and seems to thrive in the spotlight like at the Olympics. The way he answered the question about the few boos he got was perfect.
I’d take results over the perception of someone’s effort. Hope to be proven wrong, imo we made a mistake. I think Slaf has a high ceiling, but I also think he’s the least likely to reach it out of the top4 picks. You don’t gamble with a 10A. Anyways, go Slaf, hope he reaches his ceiling, because the floor is the lowest of the bunch imo.

Reactions: Saxon

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Sure, it is a fair question. But I don't think any answer will help management determine who is best. Also if you ask the question with tone trying to "shake" the person, them behaving "shook up" is very human. To me it almost seems like Habs management intentionally tried to "shake up" Wright and then it confirmed their bias when he behaved that way. Maybe this is a bonafide way to assess talent? Yet, maybe it also is complete BS?
Imo, if your picking your player based on anything other than talent and the likeliness that it translate to the NHL then you are doing it wrong. These questions shouldn’t really move the needle, these are 17-18 year old kids ffs. They also happen to be the best at their craft, of course they take it seriously. Some are introverted, some are extroverted. It has little to no impact on their performance imo.

Reactions: Tripledeke333

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I think people have it backwards. It's not the interviews that dropped Wright, it's his play. I mean, it's been mentioned over here and through the media for months that his play was worrisome. The interviews probably simply sealed the deal. I'm not saying I agree with all of it, I didn't follow the draft enough, but they went with the guy who seemed the better hockey player in their eyes.

Tripledeke333

Jun 25, 2021
How could that be, JF Chaumond asked scouts and pick was Slaf, Corey Pronman had Slaf etc.

As Bobby Mac said “it’s a coin toss between Wright & Slaf”

BTW - Bobby Mac’s polling of 1OA picks has been perfect since 2004
Yeah, because Bob tries to guess what will happen, not who is best. Bob has contacts in all scouting departments so he likely just asked the Habs and they said they like Slaf.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Yeah, because Bob tries to guess what will happen, not who is best. Bob has contacts in all scouting departments so he likely just asked the Habs and they said they like Slaf.
He was accurate at nailing that the scouting community was trending towards Slafkovsky.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Slaf brings size and we lacked size. Same with Dach. I liked the make up of the team size wise when we went to the cup so that’s a positive right there.

I hope for the best with these two, they will be very important to our team for the next five years.

Now if we can just get a cornerstone D the anchor all of this.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
I was all for drafting Wright, but his entitled attitude helps softening the blow.

I don't know anything about both players except from hearsay, so I won't comment on anything else. Last time I made myself an opinion based on this board, we had to draft anyone but Brady Tkachuk.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Why did the Coyotes pass on Wright? There was unanimous consent among the top3 teams that Wright was not he BPA.
There is a good bet Coyotes already had keyed in hard on Cooley, and the more you dig in a obviously talented center (the most talented with the puck in the draft) I can feel its hard to zoom out. Wright is a safer two-way, Cooley is more dipsy-doodle, offensive firework. That may fit better with all the Haytons and other charachter players.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I was all for drafting Wright, but his entitled attitude helps softening the blow.

I don't know anything about both players except from hearsay, so I won't comment on anything else. Last time I made myself an opinion based on this board, we had to draft anyone but Brady Tkachuk.

Yes, obviously he rubbed Montreal the wrong way, they may seen he is not the type of leader they want. The stare is a very high competative nature, that I both like, and not like. He will probably be a very good player, probably better than Slafkovsky.. Very driven.

I think this could be the pricw to pay to becoming such a player Wright is. Hockey has been his all, for the good - and bad. Montreal didnt like that.

I also think of if Montreal had said something to him, some sort of promise that they broke?

Reactions: Saxon

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Slaf brings size and we lacked size. Same with Dach. I liked the make up of the team size wise when we went to the cup so that’s a positive right there.

I hope for the best with these two, they will be very important to our team for the next five years.

Now if we can just get a cornerstone D the anchor all of this.
Lane Hutson might grow a few inches, gain a lots of pounds and pan out...

Habs has a lots of promising D prospects actually. They just need a few years to mature, but like goalies, it will take more time for them to develop to NHL readiness.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Yes, obviously he rubbed Montreal the wrong way, they may seen he is not the type of leader they want. The stare is a very high competative nature, that I both like, and not like. He will probably be a very good player, probably better than Slafkovsky.. Very driven.

I think this could be the pricw to pay to becoming such a player Wright is. Hockey has been his all, for the good - and bad. Montreal didnt like that.

I also think of if Montreal had said something to him, some sort of promise that they broke?

Honestly who cares, sounds like teen drama we don’t need. If he kills us everytime we play Seattle well good for him.

Good luck to Wright, I wish him a great career and right or wrong we’ve picked Slaf. Loved his response to “fans booing him” and liked even more it didn’t sound scripted.

Reactions: jaffy27

BushFireRecordsRedux

I'm a Dapper Dan man
Sep 10, 2018
In terms of who ends up being better between him and Wright, I don't know but Slafkovsky is the infinitely more fun player to watch and he strikes me as the kind of player/person that will have a connection with the BC crowd in very short order. He's a fun f***ing dude on the ice and a great personality off of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad