U18: 2021 WJC18

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Hate that the Leafs game is at the same time I’ve been watching that instead... How’s the game going?

Oilers v Jets game on as well right now, I’m recording this to watch it later.

I see Shane Wright was out before the game.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Oilers v Jets game on as well right now, I’m recording this to watch it later.

I see Shane Wright was out before the game.
Was just going to ask if he was hurt or if they just shuffled the lines up I’ve been flipping back and forth now, any word on why he was out?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Looks like Stankoven had a good game. Bedard had some nice plays from the highlights.

4-2 win for Canada, over 50 shots on goal for Canada, Latvian goalie must have came to play.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
This Latvian team is actually pretty good, so don't make any hasty judgments about Canada based on the 4-2. Note that it was a 1 goal game with 50 seconds left in the game.

The core of the Latvian team played together against grown men in the Latvian league this entire season, they're well oiled, disciplined, gritty and they do have some kids who can score.

I would expect them to cause some trouble against other big 6 sides as well.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
This Latvian team is actually pretty good, so don't make any hasty judgments about Canada based on the 4-2. Note that it was a 1 goal game with 50 seconds left in the game.

The core of the Latvian team played together against grown men in the Latvian league this entire season, they're well oiled, disciplined, gritty and they do have some kids who can score.

There certainly wouldn't be anything better than, at some point in the future, to have a senior men's tournament in Latvia with a Latvian team that is a real contender. Now that would be a party. It would make me take some cash out of the old retirement fund and get me back to Europe for one last hockey adventure.

Reactions: rylt

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru

I am still confused why Russia stopped this MHL experiment with U18. Gives the kids prominent roles at this age...

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Because playing in the KHL/VHL is better for kids' development?

At age 17 players are lucky to get a cup of coffee in the KHL and not usually playing too much in the VHL. u18 MHL team seemed like a good idea.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Looks like Stankoven had a good game. Bedard had some nice plays from the highlights.

4-2 win for Canada, over 50 shots on goal for Canada, Latvian goalie must have came to play.
#11 for us (is that Stankoven?) reminds me a lot of Brendan Gallagher, when he was with the Giants. Just a relentless buzz saw, and tough too. Plays with skill and hard on and off pucks.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
At age 17 players are lucky to get a cup of coffee in the KHL and not usually playing too much in the VHL. u18 MHL team seemed like a good idea.
This, to be honest they don't even get PP in the MHL, as the 20year olds do, and forget about the play off, where every overeager ends up in the mhl.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I am still confused why Russia stopped this MHL experiment with U18. Gives the kids prominent roles at this age...

I recall there were conversations about bringing this back. Hoping it still happens.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Sweden really unimpressive outside of their top pp line this year. Without the major penalty they would probably not be in the lead right now against Switzerland. I dont see them as a medal threat this time around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->