WJC: 2021 Team Slovakia roster talk

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
The team looks slightly better, but not great. We'll probably be aiming to beat Switzerland and Austria

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Everything can happen over the year but at the moment I cannot imagine that Lašák will make such a progress that he'll make the team next year.
Who would you play instead? Lasak is a ppg in the NAHL as a 17 year old, which is a better league than Slovak u20. Next season if he gets more ice time in USHL he’s much better option than any 2001 winger.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Everything can happen over the year but at the moment I cannot imagine that Lašák will make such a progress that he'll make the team next year.

You forgot who is his father and what is he doing.... :sarcasm: (If the Lasak senior read this, it is a try to be funny :naughty:)

Conspiracy aside. Lasak Jr. plays in USHL and in NAHL he had good numbers. For now it doesn't see for a WJC team, but that could change next season. He is still birth year 2002 and there can be big jump in productivity.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Chromiak - Myklukha - Cajkovic
Mrazik - Kaslik - Slafkovsky
Faith - Jellus - Jendek
Valigura - Sojka - Drabek

(Lasak, Kolenič, Melcher, Turansky, Skvarek, Mesar)

Knazko - Mudrak
Nemec - Stacha
Golian - Turan
Hlavac

(Fatul, Zubak, Petrovicky)

Hlavaj (Latkoczy, Rabcan)

Last edited:

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Probably the best slovak lineup for now 2 months before WJC. The question is, what form will have players who not yet played any matches.

Mrazik - Myklukha - Chromiak
Kaslik - Slafkovsky - Cajkovic
Faith - Jedlicka - Jendek
Kolenic - Jellus - Drabek

HM: Rehak, Lasak, Melcher, Geci, Elias

Knazko - Mudrak
Nemec - Stacha
Fatul - Golian
Hlavac

HM: Turan, Beno, Gajdos, Zubak

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Probably the best slovak lineup for now 2 months before WJC. The question is, what form will have players who not yet played any matches.

Knazko - Mudrak
Nemec - Stacha
Fatul - Golian
Hlavac

Center seems to be a weak. Myklukha didnt impress much in QMJHL, Slafkovsky is very young and now only in U18 team. Maybe Jellus should be pushed up but also he isnt the top guy.

Reactions: hellwar9

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia

Knazko - Mudrak
Nemec - Stacha
Fatul - Golian
Hlavac

I think Slafkovsky is playing winger this season but he can be the alternative for the center. This year the team seems to be better than last one but the corona can change everything..

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Center seems to be a weak. Myklukha didnt impress much in QMJHL, Slafkovsky is very young and now only in U18 team. Maybe Jellus should be pushed up but also he isnt the top guy.

I think Slafkovsky is playing winger this season but he can be the alternative for the center. This year the team seems to be better than last one but the corona can change everything..

I agree. But there is not much to choose from. Myklukha has hockey iq and a sense of passing, last season he didnt impress much in QMJHL due to physical play, but I think we do not currently have a better centers for the first lineup. Slafkovsky in the TPS play winger. but in the summer exhibition games with CZE, he played center and did not disappoint, he surprised at how well he did despite the limited IT. Center can also play Kaslik and Slafkovsky instead of him to the wing. As for Jellus, in the last 2 seasons he hasn't moved at all and hasn't made any progress. For me, he is one of the disappointments of 2001 year of birth. Anyway, like I said, we don't have much choice. Sojka is invisible in Tipos Extraliga, so I would take Jellus. Jedlicka surprised me with his approach and as an energetic game, when he doesn't release a single shift, I think he could get into the line-up.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Kaslik should defenitely play center imo. He did a good job at center in the triple header against the Czech Republic in july, and he's a responsible two way-player.

james12

Mar 31, 2018
Hlavaj
Rabcan
Latkoczy

Knazko (A) - Mudrak (A)
Stacha - Nemec
Golian - Petrovicky
Turan - Fatul

Cajkovic (C) - Jellus - Mrazik
Slafkovsky - Myklukha - Chromiak
Mesar - Kaslik - Lasak
Jendek - Elias - Kolenic
Jedlicka, Rehak

1st PP
Knazko - Mudrak
Slafkovsky - Mrazik - Cajkovic

2nd PP
Nemec
Kaslik - Myklukha - Chromiak
Jellus

1st SH 5on4 , 5on3*
Knazko - Mudrak
*Elias - Mrazik

2nd SH 5on4 , 5on3
Stacha - Golian
*Kaslik - Jendek

james12

Mar 31, 2018
[QUOTE/QUOTE]
Could Slafkovsky be used as center? Last time he has played pretty solid on that position

He definitely could but I doubt he would show his best on C. However, there's a quite a chance he will be playing center.

Jalasvaara

Jun 30, 2018
Unfortunately Slafkovsky has been injured for a while and based on the way his shoulder was supported last time I saw him, I think he might miss the tournament. Using him as a center is actually interesting idea and I would like to see him try that position here in Turku too, but seems like they see him as a winger.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Unfortunately Slafkovsky has been injured for a while and based on the way his shoulder was supported last time I saw him, I think he might miss the tournament. Using him as a center is actually interesting idea and I would like to see him try that position here in Turku too, but seems like they see him as a winger.

I think he is already healthy or will be fine soon. There was an interview with him a few days ago for a Slovak sports webpage and he said that he is ready to fully fight for a place in Slovak team at the WJC and wants to get there.

Jalasvaara

Jun 30, 2018
I think he is already healthy or will be fine soon. There was an interview with him a few days ago for a Slovak sports webpage and he said that he is ready to fully fight for a place in Slovak team at the WJC and wants to get there.
That's good to hear. Based of the looks of it, I thought he would miss months rather than weeks with the injury.

james12

Mar 31, 2018
Nemec, Slafkovsky and Mesar have to be there. Those 3 are probably the most talented slovak youngsters since Gaborik. Future NHL material.

As for the centers, I'm not a fan of Sojka being first C. I think he'll have to even fight for the 4th. He doesn't have skating needed for international level.

C's as of now:
Kaslik
Myklukha
Jellus
Rehak
Elias

Reactions: Elvs and hellwar9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad