GDT: 2021 TDL

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Bring back HOLLA @50% + get a 3rd team to retain an additional 50%. He checks all the boxes: LW, C, PP, dirt cheap.
Conditional 4th/5th to Nashville + a 6th to the 3rd team.

Or I'll settle for Eichel.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Bring back HOLLA @50% + get a 3rd team to retain an additional 50%. He checks all the boxes: LW, C, PP, dirt cheap.

I know you love him but I'm guessing management doesn't. They had opportunity to keep him around, then had a chance to trade for him in later seasons. My guess is they just don't think that highly of him.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I know you love him but I'm guessing management doesn't. They had opportunity to keep him around, then had a chance to trade for him in later seasons. My guess is they just don't think that highly of him.

They dumped his salary, he was moved in the Trochek deal and signed for just under 2m. Never really had a chance to get him back in a trade or as a UFA.

Aside from Krebs answering our prayers, there's not much in the way of top 9 C/W depth available at a low cap hit. Nashville may not even be selling anyone anyway.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

I still don't get the Haula fascination He has 4 goals. I'd much rather roll with the centers we have.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I'd try and get Colin Blackwell from the Rags, his extra year could mean they aren't selling him tho. I'd say Garland too as he's a UFA buuut Yotes too close to a PO spot.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I'd try and get Colin Blackwell from the Rags, his extra year could mean they aren't selling him tho. I'd say Garland too as he's a UFA buuut Yotes too close to a PO spot.

Another Garland dream. Do you guys literally think they wouldn't keep their best player around just to save money?

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Another Garland dream. Do you guys literally think they wouldn't keep their best player around just to save money?

Depends on if they think they can sign him. I think the playoffs for the Yotes is really a pipe dream despite their present points total. Blues have righted the ship and are a superior team, I'd say they're likely better than Wild, though probably too far behind to catch them.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Depends on if they think they can sign him. I think the playoffs for the Yotes is really a pipe dream despite their present points total. Blues have righted the ship and are a superior team, I'd say they're likely better than Wild, though probably too far behind to catch them.

Another 5m+ top 6 winger? He's an RFA this summer. Why wouldn't they be able to sign him?

The only reason they would move him is to get a haul.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
They need to improve their C depth. I wonder if they look at overpaying for Zacha. He's having a good year and getting a 3rd team to retain reduces his pro-rated cap hit to next to nothing.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Another former Sharks prospect? :sarcasm:

I think any trade deal gets down to what assets are in play? VGK has ~$35k in cap space. So someone(s) from NHL roster would have to be included (and/or major salary retained).

Who on the current roster would you be willing to trade to make a deal?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Another former Sharks prospect? :sarcasm:

I think any trade deal gets down to what assets are in play? VGK has ~$35k in cap space. So someone(s) from NHL roster would have to be included (and/or major salary retained).

Who on the current roster would you be willing to trade to make a deal?
With Brown on LTIR, Vegas has 983k in non-prorated cap space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->