GDT: 2021 TDL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
he was called a loser for not forfeiting almost 3 million dollars.

a decision that every person on this site would make 11 out of 10 times.

pretty f***ing irrational.
Idc about his money, theres nonzero chance after a buyout he gets another NHL contract. Im calling him a loser for being an absolute cancer to this org. Hes a great player who screwed us by being such an indecent human being. We finally get him an out and he spits in our face.
Well f*** him I hope he never plays another shift in the NHL

Reactions: Machinehead

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
if the contract is terminated does that eliminate the dead money?
I believe a mutual termination would, I remember thats how the Kings got out of the Mike Richards contract. Doesn’t really matter tho a buyout of his contract this summer is like pennies on the cap.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
I believe a mutual termination would, I remember thats how the Kings got out of the Mike Richards contract. Doesn’t really matter tho a buyout of his contract this summer is like pennies on the cap.

Idc about his money, theres nonzero chance after a buyout he gets another NHL contract. Im calling him a loser for being an absolute cancer to this org. Hes a great player who screwed us by being such an indecent human being. We finally get him an out and he spits in our face.
Well f*** him I hope he never plays another shift in the NHL

If you don't care about his money, and its negligible on our cap, why the f*** do you care?

you just want him to make poor personal financial decisions because you're bitter and irrational.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
NHL trade grades: Bruins win Taylor Hall sweepstakes and give up alarmingly little

“[...]And look, I get this was a difficult one for Buffalo. The optics around Hall aren’t great and his poor play this season didn’t make things easy. He has two goals this year, his point-rate is down, and his teams never win. But this is seriously the best Buffalo could do? Foligno just went for a first and a fourth and Hall only got them a second? In the worst season of Hall’s career, an epic disappointment, he is still out-scoring Foligno, not to mention his play-driving stats are stronger too.

This is just as embarrassing for the other contending teams that couldn’t beat this offer, but the fact this happened a full 15 hours before the deadline is frankly pathetic for the Sabres. Sleep on it. Wait it out. There’s no way this tiny offer that will likely amount to nothing wasn’t going to be there in the morning.

Moves like this are the reason Buffalo is in the basement every season. It doesn’t matter who’s in charge, they’ll find some way to mess it up. This is an awful return.

Bruins grade: A+
Sabres grade: F-
.”

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
If you don't care about his money, and its negligible on our cap, why the f*** do you care?

you just want him to make poor personal financial decisions because you're bitter and irrational.
I literally laid out why in my response post lol. Read after the first sentence. He destroyed any possible value he had for us on the ice or in a trade and the fact we were willing even give him a second chance with an NHL team this season and he told us to piss off.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Hall signing in Buffalo was an enormous mystery in the first place

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
NHL trade grades: Bruins win Taylor Hall sweepstakes and give up alarmingly little

“[...]And look, I get this was a difficult one for Buffalo. The optics around Hall aren’t great and his poor play this season didn’t make things easy. He has two goals this year, his point-rate is down, and his teams never win. But this is seriously the best Buffalo could do? Foligno just went for a first and a fourth and Hall only got them a second? In the worst season of Hall’s career, an epic disappointment, he is still out-scoring Foligno, not to mention his play-driving stats are stronger too.

This is just as embarrassing for the other contending teams that couldn’t beat this offer, but the fact this happened a full 15 hours before the deadline is frankly pathetic for the Sabres. Sleep on it. Wait it out. There’s no way this tiny offer that will likely amount to nothing wasn’t going to be there in the morning.

Moves like this are the reason Buffalo is in the basement every season. It doesn’t matter who’s in charge, they’ll find some way to mess it up. This is an awful return.

Bruins grade: A+
Sabres grade: F-
.”

A deal like this makes an Eichel deal almost impossible as there's no way Adams can afford another bad deal with Eichel. But we'll see. GMs who make bad moves tend to just make bad moves.

How the heck does Sam Bennett get more than Taylor Hall?

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

Kaapo Cabana

Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
I literally laid out why in my response post lol. Read after the first sentence. He destroyed any possible value he had for us on the ice or in a trade and the fact we were willing even give him a second chance with an NHL team this season and he told us to piss off.

no, he made the right decision, and took the money. I'm sorry he didn't forego 3 million dollars because he hurt your feelings

Kaapo Cabana

Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
lets not play revisionist history.

A LOT of people were praising Buffalo's offseason moves and Hall particularly for taking a bet on himself in an unstable financial situation for the league. Almost nobody thought Buffalo would be historically bad this year. He would have been blasted if he re-signed in Arizona.

Buffalo wasn't a bad looking landing spot in the offseason

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Eh not really

He signed a high salary 1 year deal to ride shotgun with Eichel for half a season, rack up points/build his value, get traded to a contender at the deadline and hopefully sign a long term deal this summer

It just didn’t work out

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
no, he made the right decision, and took the money. I'm sorry he didn't forego 3 million dollars because he hurt your feelings
Again, idc if he sits on his ass collects his money or not. I think hes a scumbag loser who f***ed this team over by being one

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Hall talked about the trade:

“The no-movement clause really helped me become a Bruin,” Hall said according to Mass Live. “Since I knew I would be traded for the last few weeks it was a team I really wanted to join and I wanted to be a part of.
“Boston was No. 1 on the list of teams I wanted to go to,” Hall said. “(Sabres GM) Kevyn Adams was fantastic in the way he treated me and the way he went about the situation knowing that I wanted to play for a chance to win the Stanely Cup. He worked it out for a team I really wanted to go to. I’ll always be thankful to him for that.”

Report: The Capitals were in on Taylor Hall before he was traded to the Boston Bruins

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Deangelo would have to be crazy to terminate his contract. Thats a lot of money to hope to get back later. He'll take the buyout and sign next year if a team is interested.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I'm actually happy our move scame from within in signing Jones and bringing in Kravtsov. Perfect deadline

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I'm actually happy our move scame from within in signing Jones and bringing in Kravtsov. Perfect deadline
Sucks we are running out of tread. Would have been nice to play say 72 games like the nba did. Oh well next season should be where the real deal starts.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Sucks we are running out of tread. Would have been nice to play say 72 games like the nba did. Oh well next season should be where the real deal starts.

Ya, i was optimistic we could make a run for a playoff spot but with the moves the teams ahead of us made we would likely get obliterated in a playoff round anywayand it likely just got harder to get points off of Pits, Wash and Boston. I'll take it if it comes but ive always tagged next year as the year we move forward.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
To be fair to Buffalo, they were a super longshot to make the playoffs to begin with and they got him by giving up nothing beyond cap space and actual dollars. Any positive return on him is pure net return. could they have gotten more for him? Absolutely. But when you giving up nothing to gain something, you’re still ahead. The only counter-argument is that Hall might want to stay with Buffalo after this season, but let’s be real... even if Buffalo had overperformed, would he really stay in Buffalo after this season?

But maybe he starts to play like not garbage on the Bruins, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->