WC: 2021 Sweden Roster Talk

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
When Garpen talked in his sleep last night the voice detector of one of the big evening papers went to work (in silence). This is what it detected, the olympic icehockey team according to the sleeptalker:

Forsberg - Zibanejad - Lindholm
Landeskog - Bäckström - Holmberg
Hållander - Eriksson Ek - Frödén
Sörensen - Sundqvist - de la Rose
Wingerli - Eklund

Hedman - Lundqvist
Lindholm - Pudas
Ekholm - Andersson
Dahlbeck - Boqvist

Jacob Markström
Hugo Alnefelt
Henrik Lundqvist

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Quick question: Is Sweden keeping roster spots open for NHL players still engaged in the playoffs? I am not sure if joining mid tournament is even feasible with the whole covid-situation and the bubble right now, but I would like to know anyways...

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
When Garpen talked in his sleep last night the voice detector of one of the big evening papers went to work (in silence). This is what it detected, the olympic icehockey team according to the sleeptalker:

Forsberg - Zibanejad - Lindholm
Landeskog - Bäckström - Holmberg
Hållander - Eriksson Ek - Frödén
Sörensen - Sundqvist - de la Rose
Wingerli - Eklund

Hedman - Lundqvist
Lindholm - Pudas
Ekholm - Andersson
Dahlbeck - Boqvist

Jacob Markström
Hugo Alnefelt
Henrik Lundqvist

tenor.gif

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Quick question: Is Sweden keeping roster spots open for NHL players still engaged in the playoffs? I am not sure if joining mid tournament is even feasible with the whole covid-situation and the bubble right now, but I would like to know anyways...
They are. You're allowed 6 players to join late, but they need to quarantine for 5 days.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Ok, thanks a lot.

They are leaving at least one spot open, since they are bringing one less player than the maximum to Riga. The maxium squad size is 25 skaters + 3 goalies and Sweden are brining 9D, 15F and 3G. Then we will see how many they register once the tournament squad, after the initial registration, you are allowed to register 6 additional players (still max 28 in total). If I were Garpenlöv, I wouldn't register more than 2G and 20 skaters (7D, 13F) for the first game, but we'll see what he does.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
They are leaving at least one spot open, since they are bringing one less player than the maximum to Riga. The maxium squad size is 25 skaters + 3 goalies and Sweden are brining 9D, 15F and 3G. Then we will see how many they register once the tournament squad, after the initial registration, you are allowed to register 6 additional players (still max 28 in total). If I were Garpenlöv, I wouldn't register more than 2G and 20 skaters (7D, 13F) for the first game, but we'll see what he does.

Yeah it makes sense to leave some spots open. I was surprised that my team (Switzerland) decided to register the full squad the first game, wich would rule out to bring guys like Josi and Fiala over later. For Sweden its a no brainer however since there are so much more possible reinforcements.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020

I don't see Bratt being much more than he is today - a skillful player with skating speed but someone either unwilling or incapable of using those abilities consistently and all over the ice.

Boqvist, while a liability at times defensively, has steadily shown improvement in that area and has scoring ability that Bratt lacks.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
NHL-kedja kan leda Tre Kronor i VM: "Bra kemi" | SvD

Team Sweden had their first practise in Riga today after the two days quarantee. Rakell was still in quarantee since he arrived one day later. Seems like Olofsson - Lundeström - Rakell will be the first line.

I like Olofsson and Rakell together. Could be the basis of an Olympic line, perhaps with Zibanejad in between?

Last edited:

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Tre Kronors tänkbara toppkedjor i VM-premiären: "Har mycket talang"

Practice lines:

Rakell - Lundeström - Olofsson
A.Kempe - Holmberg - Sörensen
M.Kempe - Rasmussen - Friberg
Lindberg - P.Lindholm - C.Klingberg
Hållander - Wingerli - Frödén

Tömmernes - Lundkvist
Pilut - Nygren
Dahlbeck - Lööv
Sellgren - Pudas
Johansson

I like the forward lines. I don't know about the D pairings, but what can you really do with this D corps? We really need defensive reinforcements. Are Nygren and Pilut really WC quality, idk.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I don't see Bratt being much more than he is today - a skillful player with skating speed but someone either unwilling or incapable of using those abilities consistently and all over the ice.

Boqvist, while a liability at times defensively, has steadily shown improvement in that area and has scoring ability that Bratt lacks.

I don't think there's anything Boqvist does better than Bratt. He's not WC material.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Tre Kronors tänkbara toppkedjor i VM-premiären: "Har mycket talang"

Practice lines:

Rakell - Lundeström - Olofsson
A.Kempe - Holmberg - Sörensen
M.Kempe - Rasmussen - Friberg
Lindberg - P.Lindholm - C.Klingberg
Hållander - Wingerli - Frödén

Tömmernes - Lundkvist
Pilut - Nygren
Dahlbeck - Lööv
Sellgren - Pudas
Johansson

Asking as a Leaf fan, with respect to Hallander and Holmber is this lineup more reflective of greater depth at LW on the roster (Rakell and Kempe) vs. C, or has Holmberg really separated himself as a prospect over the back half of this season?

Trying to get a handle on each of their quality.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Asking as a Leaf fan, with respect to Hallander and Holmber is this lineup more reflective of greater depth at LW on the roster (Rakell and Kempe) vs. C, or has Holmberg really separated himself as a prospect over the back half of this season?
Holmberg is a good player, playoff MVP. Hallander is a good prospect but not really an elite player yet even by European league standards.

Reactions: 4thline

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Holmberg is a good player, playoff MVP. Hallander is a good prospect but not really an elite player yet even by European league standards.

Could either (especially Holmberg) be a darkhorse to make the Leafs out of camp in a complementary top 9 role?

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
It's nice to see a couple of backburner Leafs prospects playing well in Sweden this year.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006

You seem like a insecure f***in little rat with posts like that. Feeding of others. You can skip the personal attacks. Maybe ask about the post. What is worse I think is now when the tournament soon starts that this is the way for you to mobilize the swedes here. We go back a long time here and maybe it was now that you felt it was time for this shit. I even got something of a sympathetic post from you the other day. I don't know about your life and you don't know about mine. Maybe time will tell you the proper way. Right now you seem to go in the wrong direction.

Like you don't care shit about people with the same interest. And what they try to say.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->