OT - NO POLITICS 2021- Summer on the horizon edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
its great - just really interesting people. Great for people watching!

@Kate08 - from last year

OLD ORCHARD BEACH, Maine —
During a typical Maine summer, Old Orchard Beach is a hot spot for French-Canadian tourists.

But with the Canadian border closed to all non-essential travel, many business owners in the beach town are bracing for a rough season.

According to a study, in 2017, six out of 10 visitors in Old Orchard Beach were Canadian. 830,000 Canadian tourists spent over $290 million in Maine.

Old Orchard Beach braces for tourist season without usual Canadian visitors

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
@Kate08 - from last year

During a typical Maine summer, Old Orchard Beach is a hot spot for French-Canadian tourists.

But with the Canadian border closed to all non-essential travel, many business owners in the beach town are bracing for a rough season.

According to a study, in 2017, six out of 10 visitors in Old Orchard Beach were Canadian. 830,000 Canadian tourists spent over $290 million in Maine.

@Kate08 Hope you packed your F*** the Habs T!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
@Kate08 - from last year

and the Summer of 2011 up there may have been two of the best weeks of my life.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
Too early or very late?

E6mdopiXsAQraFK
Never too early....

Reactions: Bruhin

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
If you're in the US you only need the enhanced driver's license/ID to travel to Canada....
And to get that I need a passport because I'm not dragging around all of my personal documents for a piece of plastic.

MA has insane paperwork requirements to get a Real ID

Reactions: toria13

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
THIS popped up on my YT feed. Looks fan made. They could actually reboot the series. Crockett had a son and Tubbs son is alive but Tubbs thinks hes dead. Vice is one of my all time favorite shows along with the wire, sopranos, blacklist, hawaii 5-0(original) rockford and disney zorro

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
well, real estate agent just called and said the house we bid on had a few other bidders driving the price up to a point that my wife and I said hell no to, $30,000 more than we were comfortable with. While it would have been a great first home, we refuse to be house poor.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
well, real estate agent just called and said the house we bid on had a few other bidders driving the price up to a point that my wife and I said hell no to, $30,000 more than we were comfortable with. While it would have been a great first home, we refuse to be house poor.
Good for you. People are crazy. They either want to overpay or they try to nickle and dime you.

We had someone who tried to do the later to us to the point where it turned into something bigger.

Needless to say we pulled the plug and sent them packing.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Going for the second Moderna shot tonight. Hoping side effects will be minimal. Please send cookies!

My 2nd shot was way better.But here in the hospital where I have been residing I met a 18 yr old boy who had heart inflammation and a lady in her 50s who has been here 11 weeks now.3 weeks she could not speak and no balance .Good ole vaccines not for everyone I guess.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
This type of calf injury is the absolute worst injury I've had.

I can't wash dishes or vacuum without my leg and foot blowing up.

I'm in no brace or boot and essentially I have to suck it up and continue to ice and elevate it all while doing the pt exercises for my ankle (I still don't understand the connection).

I am only to be braced if I am going to be on my feet/walking for more than 4 hours.

Anyone else have a similar injury/experience? I am seriously wondering if I need to switch my pt and go get re-evaluated somewhere else.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Good for you. People are crazy. They either want to overpay or they try to nickle and dime you.

We had someone who tried to do the later to us to the point where it turned into something bigger.

Needless to say we pulled the plug and sent them packing.
I hear ya, while we are really looking forward to owning our first home, I`ll wait a year to do so if it means we aren`t getting fleeced. I will not get into a massive bidding war, if that means we lose a few offers along the way, so be it

Reactions: Alicat

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Trying to plan a 10 year anniversary trip to somewhere we would like but our kids might find boring. Brainstorming a lot of places and I think we have settled on Nova Scotia/Cape Brenton. We like beer, fiddle music, my wife has gotten into spinning/knitting and we love the ocean but not as much the hot sun as we used to be.

So LF’ers, give me suggestions of places to stay and do in Cape Brenton and if it is worth going to other places in NS (we will probably hit Halafax too)

Reactions: TD Charlie

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

I'm in no brace or boot and essentially I have to suck it up and continue to ice and elevate it all while doing the pt exercises for my ankle (I still don't understand the connection).

I am only to be braced if I am going to be on my feet/walking for more than 4 hours.

Anyone else have a similar injury/experience? I am seriously wondering if I need to switch my pt and go get re-evaluated somewhere else.
not to scare you but have you had it checked for a dvt?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

What did you do that caused the injury?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
What did you do that caused the injury?
Walking 3+ miles a day.

Come to find out there is a structural issue in my leg from how my ankle was fixed 3x in a span of 5 years and it put too much stress on my calf and leg muscles and one of the muscles finally ruptured. I couldn't prevent this sadly I just got lucky it wasn't a major muscle or tendon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad