GDT: 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs (General Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Panthers made their mistakes and a great team made them pay but I think that game showed they belong. They didn’t even play their best goalie either.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
I still think Florida pulls out the upset. They looked pretty good. Just need to play with more discipline and not give Tampa's PP so many opportunities.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I don't see how the Avs-Blues game can come close to that game in terms of entertainment. Avs-Blues will be tilted towards Avs with Blues mounting strong counterattacks, while this FLA-TBL game was an even back and forth slugfest.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I don't see how the Avs-Blues game can come close to that game in terms of entertainment. Avs-Blues will be tilted towards Avs with Blues mounting strong counterattacks, while this FLA-TBL game was an even back and forth slugfest.
We don’t want crazy run and gun hockey. We want to systematically dismantle the blues and move on.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lightning are a piece of shit club, but that had to be one of the best playoff games I've watched. Definitely top 20 on my all-time list.

For all the people who make fun of Panthers fanbase, that was as much of a craze fanbase than I've seen since Vegas first came in the league. These teams truly hate each other.

I thought the reffing was well-balanced on both sides in this game, not their fault that Panthers took some really brainless penalties. What the refs did horrible is miss a ton and I mean SHITTON of Lightning interference. Look at Kucherov's goal, Point pretty much pin's down Weeger's stick on the PK leading to open ice for the Lightning player to pass it to Kuch.

Bob wasn't perfect, but I am not sure I am understanding the hate here...95% of Lightning goals were unstoppable one-timers. I mean no goaler is stopping those.
Great game.

Bennett cost them big time.
He was going after Coleman for the hit on Barkov, I understand it much more of why he went 110 km/h from the neutral zone after him lol. Still stupid, but I understand the cause.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

Oblivion Beckons

Jan 20, 2021
It's amazing what kind of team you can put together when you are completely immune to losing anyone to UFA.

I am curious what magic they will do this off season because once again they will be over the cap with a need to fill their roster out.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Easy to point out Bennett and his two penalties as the reason Florida lost.. But Bennett was also the best player on the ice for Florida today.

His individual xGF was higher than anybody else.

Bennett was a huge factor in Florida playing as well as they did.

Reactions: Nihiliste and PAZ

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Hedman going to need surgery since he's been playing injured for awhile now :popcorn:

The league needs to do something about this at some point. They can't just let Tampa circumvent the cap like this every year, and have their guys be magically ready for game 1 of the playoffs.

They should make teams add like 20% of a players cap hit to their books at the end of the year or something, if a player misses the whole regular season and comes back to play in the playoffs.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
The league needs to do something about this at some point. They can't just let Tampa circumvent the cap like this every year, and have their guys be magically ready for game 1 of the playoffs.

They should make teams add like 20% of a players cap hit to their books at the end of the year or something, if a player misses the whole regular season and comes back to play in the playoffs.

I just don't see why you can't just have teams have to meet the same requirements as the regular season?

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
On the one hand, I still have an affinity for Tampa and would like too see them win. Not just this series, but into the SCF, where hopefully they'd lose to the Avs in as entertaining a Final as anyone has ever seen.
On the other, I've long had a soft-spot for the hapless Panthers, and always wish them well. It'd be nice to see them bury some demons and advance to the SCF, where hopefully they'd get swept by the Avs again.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I get why people are pissed at the Kucherov thing, I really do, but they did nothing wrong according to the rule books.

If the NHL seriously cared, they would ensure that teams have to remain salary cap compliant in the playoffs, too. Otherwise, you have an over-the-cap-by-17-million Tampa Bay Lightning team to deal with lol.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
I am curious what magic they will do this off season because once again they will be over the cap with a need to fill their roster out.

Well, after what happened with Kucherov and the clearly cap circumvention no a single GM of the other 31 teams should take any calls if the offer isn´t mind-blowing. Let them burn.

Yes, i know its within the "rule book" and Brisebois just played it smart. But I expect the league to close this loophole and prevent such a shitshow to happen again.

Last edited:

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Lightning are a piece of shit club, but that had to be one of the best playoff games I've watched. Definitely top 20 on my all-time list.

For all the people who make fun of Panthers fanbase, that was as much of a craze fanbase than I've seen since Vegas first came in the league. These teams truly hate each other.

I thought the reffing was well-balanced on both sides in this game, not their fault that Panthers took some really brainless penalties. What the refs did horrible is miss a ton and I mean SHITTON of Lightning interference. Look at Kucherov's goal, Point pretty much pin's down Weeger's stick on the PK leading to open ice for the Lightning player to pass it to Kuch.

Bob wasn't perfect, but I am not sure I am understanding the hate here...95% of Lightning goals were unstoppable one-timers. I mean no goaler is stopping those.

He was going after Coleman for the hit on Barkov, I understand it much more of why he went 110 km/h from the neutral zone after him lol. Still stupid, but I understand the cause.

If you’re going to do something stupid like that in response to a hit on Barkov, should probably put it on one of their stars instead of on Coleman. Have to think Bennett gets suspended for that one

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

You've just created a big loophole that will inevitably be exploited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad