2021 Seattle Expansion Draft (Seattle selects D. Gavin Bayruether)

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
“Continue to follow and click”
vs
“Nothing really to report”

I'm repeating myself a bit, but I'm still kinda fascinated how everybody whiffed on figuring out what Seattle was going to do. I know there still may be more moves in the offing but so far we fans (HF collectively) were pretty far off and honestly the hockey media's predictions really haven't fared much better.

Won't get an answer to this but curious about the mix of misinformation vs. bad sourcing/bad guessing.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Amused at how quickly they just sort of glossed over the Bayreuther pick, when they've talked quite a bit about literally everyone else so far. :)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Guess I shouldn't have been surprised. Not impressed with ESPN. This is an epic shit show. Embarrasing debut.

This has been incredibly bad, it’s gonna be a long, long seven years…..

Y’all are making this decision after one show? Not even a game broadcast? The show was cringy but isn’t it supposed to be?

Reactions: Viqsi and CPTN71

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
It's basically college gameday.

The thing that burns me the most is the lack of knowledge/preparation of the hosts. It's like they learned about the NHL coming back a couple weeks ago. This is not ESPNs first pony ride on the NHL. After the nightmare of the last time the NHL was on ESPN you'd think they'd do more to rebrand their network for the NHL. They failed. Hope they get better.

Reactions: cslebn

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The thing that burns me the most is the lack of knowledge/preparation of the hosts. It's like they learned about the NHL coming back a couple weeks ago. This is not ESPNs first pony ride on the NHL. After the nightmare of the last time the NHL was on ESPN you'd think they'd do more to rebrand their network for the NHL. They failed. Hope they get better.
They were going for guys who are recognizable ESPN faces, not necessarily guys who know their hockey well yet. Should adjust and improve with time.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Seattle is not going to be a fun team to play, average size of their defense is 6’3 211!
In regards to ESPN, didn’t watch the coverage, which is in line with how much ESPN I’ve watched over the last 10 years. Outside of maybe Masters coverage or if OSU had an ESPN game, or MNF, I NEVER watch ESPN, it’s a far cry from what It use to be and I still won’t watch unless it’s a big time game (which the Jackets won’t be a part of any). So meh, I won’t be tuning in to anything other then an off NHL game here and there

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Capfriendly currently showing 19 guys signed for 52.2mm. That's a lot of room to sign some free agents or absorb bad deals to build up draft picks & prospects. They could afford to add 3 to 5 of Saad, Landeskog, Ryan Murray, Barrie, Granlund, Martinez, Savard, Tatar. Don't think they will but if they did they would look a lot better than they do today.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I thought the show was terrible.
Letting the names slip just ruined it.

Now to me evaluating them:
I like Seattles goaltending. At worst I think average maybe even slightly better.
I like the blue line. Vegas went fast, they went bigger. I do think they need another puck mover or two but I think the sheer size will be good.
THe forwards will be fun to watch - lot of guys who play hard, just I don't know where the goals come from?
Their biggest thing is being in a terrible division where they can compete.

My hopes for Seattle is they do add a mobile dman (or two) and they really need a couple (few) guys with some offensive ability.

Reactions: LJ7201

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->