Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Cup: Daytona 500 @ Daytona International Speedway Sunday @ 2:30 pm on FOX;

Pole: 48-Bowman;

Stage 1: (65)11-Hamlin;

Stage 2: (65/130);11-Hamlin;

Stage 3: (70/200);34-McDowell;***1st career win

DNQ 13-62-66-96

15 cars will drop to the back on pack on pace laps due to backup cars from incidents in Duel # 2 Thursday/Friday AM; No engine or unapproved changes anticipated yet; adding the 43 and 19 as well; appears the 48 WILL stay on pole;

3:05 expected start; 5 hr 40 minute Red (weather)

Last edited:

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
Its sad what nascar has done to itself. Watching yesterday , i caught myself rooting for a number of a car from a driver thats no longer driving. They have taken out all competitiveness by trying to make everything the same, from cars, to teams, to sponsors. Restrictor plates were the deathbell of nascar and its gotten worse every year. This sport is on life support and the brains at nascar just dont know it yet. In their quest to make everything equal they forgot the fact this was always about a winning a race. All they managed to do was make sure instead of there being a handful of cars at the finish to compete for the win, there’s now 25 cars and the race always seems to end in green white checkered disaster. I thought the idea of racing anything was to win, not to create an equal playing field. They have taken the most techincal and beautiful aspects of this sport (the car) and destroyed it by making them all the same. Its really hard to watch this product.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Its sad what nascar has done to itself. Watching yesterday , i caught myself rooting for a number of a car from a driver thats no longer driving. They have taken out all competitiveness by trying to make everything the same, from cars, to teams, to sponsors. Restrictor plates were the deathbell of nascar and its gotten worse every year. This sport is on life support and the brains at nascar just dont know it yet. In their quest to make everything equal they forgot the fact this was always about a winning a race. All they managed to do was make sure instead of there being a handful of cars at the finish to compete for the win, there’s now 25 cars and the race always seems to end in green white checkered disaster. I thought the idea of racing anything was to win, not to create an equal playing field. They have taken the most techincal and beautiful aspects of this sport (the car) and destroyed it by making them all the same. Its really hard to watch this product.
DISAGREE totally.... why are u posting here if u are going to trash the sport, ALL Motorsports, including Supercross and Indycar are evolving..... it's not just Stock Cars

there's no G-W-C disaster at Daytona the race ended as it normally would've after a 6 hour delay

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
there will be no qualifying this weekend for the Road Course;

42 entries for the Trucks Friday. Field has been expanded from 32 to 40; 2 will not race
44 entries for the XFINITY Event Saturday; 4 will not race;
full 40 car field for the Cup race:

Open cars for the Cup race: 15-Davison; 16-Allmendinger; 53-Gase; 66-Hill; 77-Haley and 96-T-Dillon

Last edited:

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
DISAGREE totally.... why are u posting here if u are going to trash the sport, ALL Motorsports, including Supercross and Indycar are evolving..... it's not just Stock Cars

there's no G-W-C disaster at Daytona the race ended as it normally would've after a 6 hour delay

sorry if you took my post as trashing the sport, that wasn’t my intent. I love nascar , have my whole life, have been a fan since the 80’s when I was a kid. it’s just sad to see what its de-evolved into. Green white checkered are very common ever since they rolled the c.o.t, they happen far more frequently now. And imo i think they removed many of things that set nascar apart from other pro sports.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017

After seniors death, nascar tried to capitalize on the in flux of new fans that came along during those years by trying to remove all danger from the sport, (impossible task btw). This resulted in removing team and driver individuality in a sport that was defined by those 2 virtues.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
After seniors death, nascar tried to capitalize on the in flux of new fans that came along during those years by trying to remove all danger from the sport, (impossible task btw). This resulted in removing team and driver individuality in a sport that was defined by those 2 virtues.
this has nothing to do with 2/18/01

you do realize there hasn't been a death since then.... we've had two Indycar drivers almost lose their lives at Pocono, no less, this is why Indycar no longer races Vegas.... and they are faster than stock cars, at half the weight of a stock car

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
yea it'll be interesting to see how the XFINITY and Trucks will adapt to it; Cup already has an idea after the Clash

Overall i think the stock car and the NASCAR rules make for good road course racing. I enjoy that the cars can touch and bump each other (within reason) to make a pass and there are enough full course cautions to bring the field back together and keep things interesting.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
The Crew (Netflix) on the Spire 7/ Air Med on the Haley 77 for DRC;

David Starr open to MBM Cup ride if called upon, otherwise will be in the #13 XFINITY

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
20th anniversary of the loss of the legend and the decision to go from #3 to #29; Dale Earnhardt...

also the 20th anniversary of the introduction of Kevin Harvick as a full-time driver;

Castrol announces they have joined RFR and RFR announces they are the 1st NASCAR Team to be carbon-neutral;

Michael Waltrip adding SRX to driver schedule in addition to his Fox Sports Duties;

John Hunter Nemechek named to limited XFINITY Schedule for Sam Hunt Racing (#26) in addition to KBM Driver duties in CWTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->