Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
If Zucc was still a Rangers Boston would not been playing playoffs, kek. It was magic moment by everyone and Talbot! ;)

I hear NYR fans are watching Wild's playoff games, to follow Zucc and Cam. Half of New York on our side is a formidable force :DD

Reactions: Ori

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
CAF7C759-CA8C-45F9-9AC9-4CD666FEBD4B.jpeg

Reactions: TheeNorthStar

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
This game was so much fun to watch. A very offensive one to nothing game. I'm just so glad that we were finally able to solve Fluery, and thank goodness that Talbot was completely on his game today. We had so many good chances if Fluery hadn't been so "on" we could have easily had three or four goals.

I just can't wait for 9:00 Sunday night.

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch
Disappointed to miss the game sounds like a doozy. Watching highlights and Ek's goal looks like he was trying pass to Foligno?

Side note Auto Show was a blast, 95% of the people there including employees were not wearing masks. Fair food and overpriced beer awesome. The Wagoneer and Mustang electric car were the standouts imo

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Saw most of the 1st, saw almost nothing else until the highlights.

Here's the thing that I always thought about this team (this particular roster):

Ek, Foligno, Greenway, Dumba, Hartman, and even a guy like Bjudstad (at least, in the PO's and he's not injured) all provide some grit and size out there. And by some I mean a lot.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit this but I never truly cognited on the size of our team. We have a decently big team. Who would have thought?

6 guys are over 6'2'', this includes two guys that are 6'6'', a 6'5'' guy, and a few 6'3'' guys.

we got one that is 6'2''

and we have 7 guys that are 6' or 6'1''.

...if I looked at that correctly.

A lot of these guys can skate average or above average. That's a lot of reach and a lot of weight being thrown around with epinephrine induced PO hockey. Regular season these guys may not take that extra step along with their reach. In the PO's, every little extra effort/step is taken, and reach matters.

Foligno with his reach caused Petro to flub the puck or he directly partly got a piece of it with his reach. Then, Greenway shielded the puck from Petro, literally then reached forward out the said puck in a protected-yet-option-able position that we have grown accustomed to him doing behind the net, and as Petro tried to stick check the puck off him (which missed due to not having quite the reach Greener has) Greener passed it out front.

If the effort wasn't there, say it was game 14 regular season, Foligno may not have skated to cause a turn over. Greener may not have skated as hard with the puck outstretched. But they did.

Our larger guys all have a skill side, some have a bit meaner side, but are smart. Our medium sized guys are smart and some skilled, and our smaller guys are skilled and smart.

It's been a good combo all season.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Prediction:

Wild take game 2.

Score: 3-1 Minnesota.

Fiala gets a goal.

Dumba gets a goal.

Zuccs gets a goal.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
ugh it's good to be back. missed u guys. i made one post at the start of the szn about how thrilled i was with the spurgeon captaincy.

omg i loved that celly from JEEK - kid is 100% future captain material. great to see the smile on Greenway, and Foligno partying too. lets get it!
Welcome back, grab yourself a new playoff avatar and get comfortable!

Playoff Avatars, Playoff Avatars - Get yours here!

Reactions: PariseNation

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Saw most of the 1st, saw almost nothing else until the highlights.

Here's the thing that I always thought about this team (this particular roster):

Ek, Foligno, Greenway, Dumba, Hartman, and even a guy like Bjudstad (at least, in the PO's and he's not injured) all provide some grit and size out there. And by some I mean a lot.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit this but I never truly cognited on the size of our team. We have a decently big team. Who would have thought?

6 guys are over 6'2'', this includes two guys that are 6'6'', a 6'5'' guy, and a few 6'3'' guys.

we got one that is 6'2''

and we have 7 guys that are 6' or 6'1''.

...if I looked at that correctly.

A lot of these guys can skate average or above average. That's a lot of reach and a lot of weight being thrown around with epinephrine induced PO hockey. Regular season these guys may not take that extra step along with their reach. In the PO's, every little extra effort/step is taken, and reach matters.

Foligno with his reach caused Petro to flub the puck or he directly partly got a piece of it with his reach. Then, Greenway shielded the puck from Petro, literally then reached forward out the said puck in a protected-yet-option-able position that we have grown accustomed to him doing behind the net, and as Petro tried to stick check the puck off him (which missed due to not having quite the reach Greener has) Greener passed it out front.

If the effort wasn't there, say it was game 14 regular season, Foligno may not have skated to cause a turn over. Greener may not have skated as hard with the puck outstretched. But they did.

Our larger guys all have a skill side, some have a bit meaner side, but are smart. Our medium sized guys are smart and some skilled, and our smaller guys are skilled and smart.

It's been a good combo all season.
Agree with all of this, and that size/reach is going to be crucial for a team that struggles with faceoffs. It's also why I was leaning toward Vegas over Colorado in this round: they're both good teams, but Vegas is easier to take head-on. Colorado gets the puck and it's already at the other end of the ice.

Impressed with the push-back after the 1st period yesterday, and even more impressed that they stole home ice in Game 1.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

ClayAikenFan77

Jan 1, 2016
Minneapolis
Man I wish we would've given Boldy a shot in this lineup. Johansson and Rask looked so out of place yesterday. Anyone think Boldy could get slotted in for game 3 if that line has a repeat performance? I really think he's a plug and play type of guy and could drive play better than Rask and Johansson.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Man I wish we would've given Boldy a shot in this lineup. Johansson and Rask looked so out of place yesterday. Anyone think Boldy could get slotted in for game 3 if that line has a repeat performance? I really think he's a plug and play type of guy and could drive play better than Rask and Johansson.
If they're going to try him (and I doubt they will) I think it's better to wait until they get to St Paul where they have more control of the match-ups.

Edit: I somehow misread "Game 3" as "Game 2". I'll leave my post, in shame.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

Nope.

Then we might as well bring up Addison in place if Dumba. While Johansson and Rask did nothing to help the team, at least they didn’t hurt it.

This is, of course, looking at this as a bubble. One game. In no way do I actually want Addison playing in place of Dumba.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Nope.

Then we might as well bring up Addison in place if Dumba. While Johansson and Rask did nothing to help the team, at least they didn’t hurt it.

This is, of course, looking at this as a bubble. One game. In no way do I actually want Addison playing in place of Dumba.

We do those two need to be tied into this?

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Not especially, since it involves 4 distinct and different people.
Johansson and Rask didn’t do much for the team, so pull up the top wing prospect.

Dumba didn’t do much for the team ( I would argue hurt the team) so pull up the top defense prospect.

I didn’t think the analogy was that far off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad