2021 Roster Thread XV - Where everyone is in agreement about what is needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
So should the Flyers not look to upgrade their third-line center position out of fear that they'd be selling low on Patrick?

One doesn't have to do with the other, really.

I'm Pro-having as many good players as possible on the roster.

Take it from there and do what you will with it.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
So should the Flyers not look to upgrade their third-line center position out of fear that they'd be selling low on Patrick?
Maybe see what your 2 1st rounders look like first after having a full offseason to train knowing that at worst, you have Laughton as your #3C as your 3rd option as a fallback.

The start of the season does not mean you can't improve your team if you need to.

But you know this.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Maybe see what your 2 1st rounders look like first after having a full offseason to train knowing that at worst, you have Laughton as your #3C as your 3rd option as a fallback.

The start of the season does not mean you can't improve your team if you need to.

But you know this.

None of it really matters anyway until we get a new coaching staff in here.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

But you know this.
See what they look like? If only the Flyers had that luxury (not to mention they've already seen three seasons of Patrick, repeated excuses be damned). The summer very well may be their best opportunity to address the question mark at 3C. Are they supposed to avoid addressing it out of hope that Patrick or Frost will step up? Once the season starts it's going to be difficult to make any moves, just like it was in-season this year, because of the flat cap. You can't just assume you'll be able to find an upgrade mid-season. Not only that, I bet you'll STILL have people complaining that they "sold low" on Patrick, such is the attachment to the "2nd overall pick" label.

Reactions: WIP CALLER

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Fletcher: Haveeeeeeeeeeeeee you met James? (vanRiemsdyk)

Let's be honest...I can't expect something that good to happen ::sigh::

It's interesting that you want JVR traded but want to keep Voracek. JVR was better this past season, is younger, has a lower cap hit, and less term remaining.

:huh:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I was more so hinting at it as likely pertaining to Eichel. Beyond Byfield they still have prospects/young players that likely the Flyers nor any other team could realistically beat.

If they are willing to move Byfield for Eichel, that's a done deal. No chance Buffalo passes on that.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'd love to see half the people here questioning his dedication deal with Patty's condition at its peak for even a month. I can almost guarantee you wouldn't even be lacing up skates, let alone trying to compete in the world's best hockey league.

As miserable as some of you people are, I wouldn't wish this condition on any of you, and that's saying a lot.
Disagree here.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
See what they look like? If only the Flyers had that luxury (not to mention they've already seen three seasons of Patrick, repeated excuses be damned). The summer very well may be their best opportunity to address the question mark at 3C. Are they supposed to avoid addressing it out of hope that Patrick or Frost will step up? Once the season starts it's going to be difficult to make any moves, just like it was in-season this year, because of the flat cap. You can't just assume you'll be able to find an upgrade mid-season. Not only that, I bet you'll STILL have people complaining that they "sold low" on Patrick, such is the attachment to the "2nd overall pick" label.
Again....Laughton is the fallback. Paid as a 3rd liner. Can play C or wing.

We have 3 internal options....2 that with be paid under 1 million and then Laughton. Why bother drafting players especially 1st rounders with top 6 upside, if you pull the plug as soon as they have struggles?

Who do you want to go after to fill that hole who is guaranteed better than what we have and will be cheaper?

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

We have 3 internal options....2 that with be paid under 1 million and then Laughton. Why bother drafting players especially 1st rounders with top 6 upside, if you pull the plug as soon as they have struggles?

Who do you want to go after to fill that hole who is guaranteed better than what we have and will be cheaper?

Laughton , Frost, Patrick, Hayes, we are beyond f***ed if some combo of these can't be very good at 2C and 3C .

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
Exactly

cut.jpg

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
Nope, No matter how awful some of these people are, I wouldnt want them to experience any of that. Other things, maybe. But not that.
I get maybe 3 or 4 pretty bad ones a year, they're usually manageable as long as I take medication early enough. I cannot imagine days/weeks/months of that feeling. Makes me shudder just thinking about constantly being miserable.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

Yeah, I understand Laughton would be the fallback. I just don't like entering next season with a big question mark at an important position because it impacts what you do in the summer. You might pass on an opportunity to add a good player. Now, maybe they won't have that opportunity, in which case Laughton will be the default 3C unless Frost or Patrick shows they can handle it.

But, more than anything, I don't think you can be afraid to move on from Patrick this summer out of fear of "selling low." If he blossoms elsewhere, so be it. The last thing this team needs is to reserve a roster spot for a low-energy, inconsistent, unproductive player whom it appears may be unhappy playing in Philly. They were fine without him two seasons ago.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
It's interesting that you want JVR traded but want to keep Voracek. JVR was better this past season, is younger, has a lower cap hit, and less term remaining.

:huh:

I think Jake is a better, more consistent player than JVR. Not much of a mystery to me.

I was more so hinting at it as likely pertaining to Eichel. Beyond Byfield they still have prospects/young players that likely the Flyers nor any other team could realistically beat.

A boy can dream.

Excuse me sir, the quote asks for a top 6 forward, not a middle 6, ok?

Hey hey hey 2nd line still counts

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I get maybe 3 or 4 pretty bad ones a year, they're usually manageable as long as I take medication early enough. I cannot imagine days/weeks/months of that feeling. Makes me shudder just thinking about constantly being miserable.

I still get a few bad 'regular' migraines a year. My hemi's and severe ocular are extremely rare these days. Once every six months to a year for the past few years at worst. Minor ocular and regular migraines are more frequent, but fairly fleeting for the most part. A far cry from 10-15 years ago, thats for sure.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeah, I understand Laughton would be the fallback. I just don't like entering next season with a big question mark at an important position because it impacts what you do in the summer. You might pass on an opportunity to add a good player. Now, maybe they won't have that opportunity, in which case Laughton will be the default 3C unless Frost or Patrick shows they can handle it.

But, more than anything, I don't think you can be afraid to move on from Patrick this summer out of fear of "selling low." If he blossoms elsewhere, so be it. The last thing this team needs is to reserve a roster spot for a low-energy, inconsistent, unproductive player whom it appears may be unhappy playing in Philly. They were fine without him two seasons ago.
He does not have a roster spot reserved for him. Assuming no trades or additions, he will battle Frost for that #3C spot...maybe Laughton too.

G Couts TK
JVR Hayes Farabee
Lindblom ???? Jake

If we don't lose a F in the ED, then we already have 3 guys fighing for 1 top 9 spot assuming everyone is healthy. No reservations.

There just is no "need" to ditch your #2 overall pick who plays C and will cost you less than 1 million. If he was making 3 million already, then year, it would be an issue.

There is very little downside to keeping Patrick and way more upside. Now, if we want to build a package for Eichel, go ahead and include him or Frost...don't care.

Reactions: Macallan67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad