2021 Roster Thread XV - Where everyone is in agreement about what is needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
I love that people are talking about Patrick - and getting butthurt about it - as if the rumor is a concrete fact.

:laugh:

But an ex-garbage tier beat speculated it on a random podcast

All the kid did was change agents. That's literally all he did. He changed agents.
Somehow, that means he is the following:

Lazy
Ungrateful
Bad teammate
Hated by his teammates
A p***y

and that's just what I remember off the top of my head from this thread alone. I can't even imagine what he's getting from the mouth breathers on flyers twitter.
Philly typical.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
His new agent said that they will reevaluate when they sit down after the year.

It has been speculated previously by Friedman that he may want a change of scenery and the flyers mutually feel it could be best for both parties.

This has been rumored/speculated for quite some time now. I don’t think it’s that far fetched to believe he might want a change.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
All the kid did was change agents. That's literally all he did. He changed agents.

Lazy
Ungrateful
Bad teammate
Hated by his teammates
A p***y

and that's just what I remember off the top of my head from this thread alone. I can't even imagine what he's getting from the mouth breathers on flyers twitter.
Philly typical.
Literally none of the things you mentioned have anything to do with Patrick's changing of agents.

The only thing people have said with respect to Patrick's changing agents is that it seems like an indication he wants out of Philly.

And his new agent's cryptic responses when asked if he'd be asking for a trade certainly implied that Patrick wants out.

By the way, Patrick is already on his third agent. That doesn't strike you as a little weird?

Reactions: 04hockey

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com

It has been speculated previously by Friedman that he may want a change of scenery and the flyers mutually feel it could be best for both parties.

This has been rumored/speculated for quite some time now. I don’t think it’s that far fetched to believe he might want a change.
“Speculated”, “rumored”. Words that describe a concrete situation? I doubt it.

Reactions: Deadpool8812

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
“Speculated”, “rumored”. Words that describe a concrete situation? I doubt it.
Concrete situation? Few things are. All Prongo concluded is that it isn't "far-fetched" to believe Patrick wants a change of scenery. I agree. It's not far-fetched to make that inference. Circumstantial evidence is still evidence, even if it's not as strong as concrete evidence. Personally, I think it's more likely than not that Patrick wants out of Philly.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

Lazy
Ungrateful
Bad teammate
Hated by his teammates
A p***y

Philly typical.

iu

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
Concrete situation? Few things are. All Prongo concluded is that it isn't "far-fetched" to believe Patrick wants a change of scenery. I agree. It's not far-fetched to make that inference. Circumstantial evidence is still evidence, even if it's not as strong as concrete evidence. Personally, I think it's more likely than not that Patrick wants out of Philly.

The inference isn't outside the realm of believable, GB, but the degree to which many have picked this up, mounted it as fact, and thrown grenades at Patrick is ridiculous. In one season, we have gone from (overgeneralized, I know) "Migraine disorder is terrible. I hope the kid is able to get back to a normal life and can hopefully play someday" to "Patrick is an invisible bust". Not to mention that this occurred during one of the oddest NHL seasons ever. I fully agree that his play was awful, but why pour burning coals on him? I say this in general, not at you.

Unless a GM is offering up a player of particular value to the Flyers and covets Patrick as a significant part of the return, I see zero benefit in doing anything but supporting him to work his butt off this off-season and coming back like as much of the 2OA he was in the not-too-distant past as possible.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
The inference isn't outside the realm of believable, GB, but the degree to which many have picked this up, mounted it as fact, and thrown grenades at Patrick is ridiculous. In one season, we have gone from (overgeneralized, I know) "Migraine disorder is terrible. I hope the kid is able to get back to a normal life and can hopefully play someday" to "Patrick is an invisible bust". Not to mention that this occurred during one of the oddest NHL seasons ever. I fully agree that his play was awful, but why pour burning coals on him? I say this in general, not at you.

Unless a GM is offering up a player of particular value to the Flyers and covets Patrick as a significant part of the return, I see zero benefit in doing anything but supporting him to work his butt off this off-season and coming back like as much of the 2OA he was in the not-too-distant past as possible.
If people believe Patrick wants out of Philly, which I don't believe is an unwarranted conclusion, then I understand expressing frustration. He's been a frustrating player. He has shown no consistency on the ice, his motor seems very low, the organization was very patient with him and invested a lot of time and medical resources in him as he missed an entire season, and he is coming off of an absolutely dreadful season at the age of 22. Not only that, but he comes across as utterly uninterested and passionless in interviews, just like his playing style.

I think it's fair to believe it's best to move on instead of devoting a roster spot to him and relying on him to suddenly change. If he weren't the 2nd overall pick 4 years ago, would the team be devoting a roster spot to him? It's not good to have unproductive, unhappy players taking up a regular roster spot.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

The reactions youre seeing on this board are the exact reason Patrick would want a fresh start, if it is in fact true, that he does. People here are f***ing shameless, but will defend worse players without injury issues to the final bell so long as it makes them 'edgy'.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

It means nothing until it’s more than rumor/speculation. Some people just desperately want it to be true, so they've convinced themselves that it is.

Every offseasons the fanbase does this shit with the “wHeN tHeRes ThIs mUcH sMoKe tHeRe mUst bE fIrE” logic, which is always wrong. That’s why we didn’t trade Ghost or add EKane or Byfuglien or Bobby Ryan any of the other people there’s been endless rumors about over the past decade.

The media stirs up shut for attention and article/tweet views. How do people still not get this?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeah, it'll kill this team to use Patrick in the bottom six next year, because if J Cates or Ratcliffe or Willman are forced to start the season in the AHL, that will be a disaster, much the way Stewart's 160 minutes cost them a shot at the Cup.

Patrick will probably get a low cost one or two year "prove it" deal, he'll be told the organization has been patient, and they understand he's had bad luck, but he really needs to step it up because there's a flood of young forwards on the way and after 2021-22, there probably won't be an opportunity to give him PT if he doesn't elevate his game. Nothing personal, but they're not warehousing Foerster, Wisdom, Brink and JOB to keep him around indefinitely.

Reactions: renberg

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It means nothing until it’s more than rumor/speculation. Some people just desperately want it to be true, so they’re choosing to pretend it is.

Every offseasons the fanbase does this shit with the “wHeN tHeRes ThIs mUcH sMoKe tHeRe mUst bE fIrE” logic, which is always wrong. That’s why we didn’t trade Ghost or add EKane or Byfuglien or Bobby Ryan any of the other people there’s been endless rumors about over the past decade.

The media stirs up shut for attention and article/tweet views. How do people still not get this?

Yeah, add this to the '#Goner' pile of failures. This season, 3 years later, they may finally be able to say they were right though!

Reactions: Striiker

BernieParent

Mar 13, 2009
If people believe Patrick wants out of Philly, which I don't believe is an unwarranted conclusion, then I understand expressing frustration. He's been a frustrating player. He has shown no consistency on the ice, his motor seems very low, the organization was very patient with him and invested a lot of time and medical resources in him as he missed an entire season, and he is coming off of an absolutely dreadful season at the age of 22. Not only that, but he comes across as utterly uninterested and passionless in interviews, just like his playing style.

I think it's fair to believe it's best to move on instead of devoting a roster spot to him and relying on him to suddenly change. If he weren't the 2nd overall pick 4 years ago, would the team be devoting a roster spot to him? It's not good to have unproductive, unhappy players taking up a regular roster spot.

There's a huge gap between believing Patrick wants out, through nothing but circumstantial evidence, and acting on this belief, GB. It's ridiculous to mighty-morph the circumstantial to a concrete foundation for the many additional invectives being heaped on him. Do I also have the liberty to believe, based on the same circumstantial evidence, that the Flyers were actually not very patient with him, possibly pushing Patrick to return earlier than he felt he was able, and that this may have caused a rift?

Yeah, Patrick was stuck in N for the majority of his season. That's a big concern. Is there reason to believe he can do much, much better? I definitely think so. Short leash but I think he continues to be worth the low risk of being in the lineup at a small cap hit. The Flyers aren't at the "throwing good money after bad" stage with Patrick yet. And it isn't as though another bad start to the season would lower his trade value.

Interviews tell me nothing about the inner competitiveness of a player.

Reactions: renberg

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
It means nothing until it’s more than rumor/speculation. Some people just desperately want it to be true, so they've convinced themselves that it is.

I’ll admit. Your takes at times, especially when grounded in analytics, can be convincing. And then there are takes like this where you throw a tantrum and throw around absolutes. Always wrong? Is this where the 12 year old thing stems from? You really would get destroyed in any court of law with arguments like these. Do you understand what circumstantial evidence even entails? Or do you always just hilariously over simplify things and call other posters idiots and call it a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->