2021 Roster Thread XV - Where everyone is in agreement about what is needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Was it really a good idea when the main reason probably was that Hakstol coached Hextall's son?
If the goal was to hire someone with absolutely no personality, then he definitely succeeded though.

I did actually like the thinking and theory behind Hakstol's ideas, especially with the specific talent pool we were building.

It's just that the execution of those ideas was very very very very very bad. Having Ghost/Sanheim/Provorov on defense and getting them involved is a good idea. Doing it with feckless point shots fired from the ISS while forwards live along the walls is not the way, though.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Listened to the nasty knuckles podcast with Laughton.

Some laughs, but a nice takeaway.

In their 10 game losing skid with Hak at the helm, it was Jake Voracek who pushed the boys to all go out and basically get wasted, after that 10th loss. Laughton basically credited him as helping to turn that ship around a bit.

eaglesfan036

Apr 24, 2016
Nolan Patrick changed agents because he wants out of Philly

NHL trade rumors: Flyers' Nolan Patrick changed agents because he wants out of Philly

“Nolan Patrick does not want to be here anymore; he doesn’t like the criticism that he’s facing, he doesn’t like the spotlight that’s on him, he doesn’t like the coach, at all. I don’t think Nolan Patrick wants to be here.”

he is a bum how can a guy who has never been more than a third line center demand ti be traded

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Listened to the nasty knuckles podcast with Laughton.

Some laughs, but a nice takeaway.

In their 10 game losing skid with Hak at the helm, it was Jake Voracek who pushed the boys to all go out and basically get wasted, after that 10th loss. Laughton basically credited him as helping to turn that ship around a bit.

God help us.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I did actually like the thinking and theory behind Hakstol's ideas, especially with the specific talent pool we were building.

It's just that the execution of those ideas was very very very very very bad. Having Ghost/Sanheim/Provorov on defense and getting them involved is a good idea. Doing it with feckless point shots fired from the ISS while forwards live along the walls is not the way, though.
He's not a terrible coach, he's just very mediocre. He doesn't seem to be a great motivator which is also part of a coach's job. He's just the epitome of bland and boring and so was the hockey we played under him.

Reactions: tucson83

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Some funny bits from Kimmo:

On arriving in Chicago he asked Q if he could get some more systems meetings, and Q basically said not to worry about it they will just throw him out there. During one of his first games Keith yelled at him for not stopping at the net, when Kimmo just laughed and said nobody told him what to do.

Before their Game 1 against Tampa Bay, Q basically just told them to go out because they knew what to do. No focus on Tampa’s systems or player tendencies. Laughed saying he hoped he would get some instruction, he’s never seen a coach with that kind of confidence.

Before game 6 against Tampa, Toews came up to him In the morning skate and said he would be the second to lift the cup, that he’s played against him many years and he’s earned it. Kimmo got a bit teary. Couldn’t nap or eat after that. He just felt they had already won it. Had to keep reminding himself “f*** we haven’t even played the game yet”

One of the easiest players to defend 1 on 1 was Ovechkin. Limited number of moves.

After game 7 winning against Boston, Snider comes into the room and weepy - hugs Kimmo
Saying “this is our year”.

Lot of stuff I left out, but Timonen remains one of my favourite Flyers. He’s quite articulate, funny and a passionate dude.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Was it really a good idea when the main reason probably was that Hakstol coached Hextall's son?
If the goal was to hire someone with absolutely no personality, then he definitely succeeded though.

More of an outside of the organization / re-tread.

Also it's not like the UND hockey program is some hack program.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Oh c'mon now, tell me we can't all spot this from a mile away. Either Risto or Manson to replace Ghost (gone via ED or giveaway trade) in the top 4. Checks off all their boxes. Finally banish softy Ghost, get "tougher", RH shot to play with Provy...

I thought we were overpaying for Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad