Speculation: 2021 Roster Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
I think the problem here is that Getzlaf's best skill is negated by playing with two wingers (Jones and Terry) that can't finish. Terry needs the puck to be effective, should be on a line where he is the main puck possessor. Jones at this point is an energy guy.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think the problem here is that Getzlaf's best skill is negated by playing with two wingers (Jones and Terry) that can't finish. Terry needs the puck to be effective, should be on a line where he is the main puck possessor. Jones at this point is an energy guy.

Really like to see a line of Zegras - Getzlaf - Rakell . I think Comtois has played well enough on his own can separate from Rakell. If that doesn’t get Rakell scoring again, nothing will.

Maybe try...

Zegras - Getzlaf - Rakell
Comtois - Lundestrom - Terry
Milano - Steel - Silfverberg

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Really like to see a line of Zegras - Getzlaf - Rakell . I think Comtois has played well enough on his own can separate from Rakell. If that doesn’t get Rakell scoring again, nothing will.

Maybe try...

Zegras - Getzlaf - Rakell
Comtois - Lundestrom - Terry
Milano - Steel - Silfverberg
I think Getzlaf and Rakell have proven in the past that they need someone to dig for them.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Heinen was a polarizing player with Boston fans, so I’m not surprised Anaheim fans are seeing him that way too.

In my opinion he is a very bland forward who can finish grade A chances around the net, but otherwise is mostly invisible in the offensive zone. He can’t create offense for himself or his linemates. He’s not a physical or creative player, but he is pretty good defensively.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Heinen was a polarizing player with Boston fans, so I’m not surprised Anaheim fans are seeing him that way too.

In my opinion he is a very bland forward who can finish grade A chances around the net, but otherwise is mostly invisible in the offensive zone. He can’t create offense for himself or his linemates. He’s not a physical or creative player, but he is pretty good defensively.

I mean.. I don’t understand the Heinen hate honestly, he’s a decent two-way forward who plays responsibly.

He actually reminds me of Logan Shaw a bit. Shaw was never really outstanding at one main thing, but yet was the whipping boy at times

Reactions: DuckRogers10

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I mean.. I don’t understand the Heinen hate honestly, he’s a decent two-way forward who plays responsibly.

He actually reminds me of Logan Shaw a bit. Shaw was never really outstanding at one main thing, but yet was the whipping boy at times

I don’t know if I’d say hate. Heinen and Shaw are hockey players, they can play in an NHL hockey game and not stand out either positively or negatively. They just kind of are there. I’ll give them credit for being adequate hockey players.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
That 4th line might be better with one or two of Henrique (depending on if he's got his head on straight after the waive) and/or Milano.

I don't disagree if we are talking 2020 Henrique. Kind of a wash for me if it's 2021 Henrique vs Grant.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I think Getzlaf and Rakell have proven in the past that they need someone to dig for them.

What’s that based off? I’m not sure that’s true at all, they were producing for a good period of time with the corpse of Corey Perry who wasn’t doing any digging for them.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I don't disagree if we are talking 2020 Henrique. Kind of a wash for me if it's 2021 Henrique vs Grant.

Agreed, if it's 2020 Henrique that's actually a good line. My hope would be something in between at least, solid defensively, ok on offense. As long as the effort is there, I'm sure the skill couldn't have deteriorated that much in a year.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho

I don't think it's hate, he is on a team that desperately needs scoring, and that isn't his calling card. He's kind of Silf lite.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Heinen and Silf together on a line is very meh to me no matter who's between them.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
What’s that based off? I’m not sure that’s true at all, they were producing for a good period of time with the corpse of Corey Perry who wasn’t doing any digging for them.
Not really, that was Eaves. In the past they had Penner. You can argue Ryan and Perron also filled similar roles.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Not really, that was Eaves. In the past they had Penner. You can argue Ryan and Perron also filled similar roles.

In 17-18 which was Rakells monster year and Getzlafs last truly elite season Eaves played 11 minutes with Getzlaf and 13 minutes with Rakell. By far their most common winger was Corey Perry who both spent over 70% of their minutes with. Rakell never played with Ryan or Penner and I would argue Getzlaf does far more digging in the corners than Ryan and Penner put together.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

I forget who said it on here, maybe @The Midnight Burrito, that stated (i'm paraphrasing), "Heinen is a very good bottom-6 forward, but if you're expecting a scoring top-6 forward, then you'll be severely disappointed."

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If Terry was really good at getting assists then why doesn't he have as many assists as Comtois ? 2 assists vs 5 assists.
Comtois helped Jones get a goal two games in a row, the same Jones that people say can't finish, yet now Jones has 3 goals in 11 games.
Comtois knows when to shoot and will be getting those rebound assists as long as he shoots when there is someone nearby like that.

The kids:
Comtois leads the pack with 8 goals and 5 assists for 13 points in 20 games on the worst offensive team in the league. drafted in 2017
Steel has 2 goals and 4 assists for 6 points in 19 games. draft in 2016
Terry has 2 goals and 2 assists for 4 points in 17 games. drafted in 2015
Jones has 3 goals for 3 points in 11 games. drafted in 2016
Lundestrom has 2 goals for 2 points in 13 games. drafted in 2018
Mahura has 1 goal and 1 assist for 2 points in 3 games. drafted in 2016

How can one compare trading Terry to Palmieri ?
Palmieri was already half a point a game in his last season with the Ducks before he was traded, he was starting to pan out. Terry is starting to look like he might not.

Change of scenery needed for Terry ? Perhaps if Colorado had room for him he can play for his hometown team.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I have a suspicion Heinen might be on the move soon or something, but if not this is what I'd go with going forward:

Jones-Getzlaf-Terry
Comtois-Rico/Lundy-Rakell
Milano-Steel-Zegras
Heinen-Grant-Silf

I know it won't happen but might as well load up with the best possible lineup and see what happens. I don't think DLo has been good enough to go in over Heinen when they can play a similar role.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
I have a suspicion Heinen might be on the move soon or something, but if not this is what I'd go with going forward:

Jones-Getzlaf-Terry
Comtois-Rico/Lundy-Rakell
Milano-Steel-Zegras
Heinen-Grant-Silf

I know it won't happen but might as well load up with the best possible lineup and see what happens. I don't think DLo has been good enough to go in over Heinen when they can play a similar role.

I'd probably have Rico play over Grant as well. See what we can do with 12 forwards that have some degree of talent

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
If Terry was really good at getting assists then why doesn't he have as many assists as Comtois ? 2 assists vs 5 assists.
Comtois helped Jones get a goal two games in a row, the same Jones that people say can't finish, yet now Jones has 3 goals in 11 games.
Comtois knows when to shoot and will be getting those rebound assists as long as he shoots when there is someone nearby like that.

The kids:
Comtois leads the pack with 8 goals and 5 assists for 13 points in 20 games on the worst offensive team in the league. drafted in 2017
Steel has 2 goals and 4 assists for 6 points in 19 games. draft in 2016
Terry has 2 goals and 2 assists for 4 points in 17 games. drafted in 2015
Jones has 3 goals for 3 points in 11 games. drafted in 2016
Lundestrom has 2 goals for 2 points in 13 games. drafted in 2018
Mahura has 1 goal and 1 assist for 2 points in 3 games. drafted in 2016

How can one compare trading Terry to Palmieri ?
Palmieri was already half a point a game in his last season with the Ducks before he was traded, he was starting to pan out. Terry is starting to look like he might not.

Change of scenery needed for Terry ? Perhaps if Colorado had room for him he can play for his hometown team.
The concerning thing with Terry and Steel is that their stat lines through that many games last year probably looked nearly identical.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Comtois is playing with 2 of our better players (not saying much), Terry is playing with plug Getzlaf (looks like he is aging everytime he takes a stride) and Jones (playing well but lets not kid ourselves hes limited offensively) I'd like to see Terry with Zegras before making judgement.

Comtois is great at finding opportunity and making the most of any situation for sure. We need more players like that.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Have a feeling Henrique is going to be put back on active roster. I mean why not at this point , lol.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Comtois is playing with 2 of our better players (not saying much), Terry is playing with plug Getzlaf (looks like he is aging everytime he takes a stride) and Jones (playing well but lets not kid ourselves hes limited offensively) I'd like to see Terry with Zegras before making judgement.

Comtois is great at finding opportunity and making the most of any situation for sure. We need more players like that.
Zegras has not been better than Getzlaf or jones. Come on. Getzlaf is struggling right now, probably with an injury, but zegras has not approached him in effectiveness. Jones is playing physically and producing, zegras has not been better than him either.

Reactions: Zegras11

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Zegras has not been better than Getzlaf or jones. Come on. Getzlaf is struggling right now, probably with an injury, but zegras has not approached him in effectiveness.
Jones is good at his style I don't think they are comparable, Zegras has definitely been more effective than Getzlaf the last 2 games. Getzlaf is ALWAYS behind the play. I mean name 2 good things Getzlaf did in the last 2 games off the top of your head other than punch someone in the face with his gloves on.

Reactions: Dmang714
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad