Red Sox/MLB 2021 Regular Season V - Jerry Remy stepping away from broadcasts to undergo lung cancer treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If you are opening the season in March MLB should put the game in Tampa that has a roof.

But it isn't going to matter - the owners want to crush the MLBPA and Tony Clark.
I have 0.0 support for the players after how Don Fehr and the players Association acted during steroid era

I don’t consider them a union and I hope the owners bury them and Clark

Reactions: BMC

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Correa working heel at Dodger Stadium. Hit a homer off Joe Kelly and did the Hulk Hogan ear rounding the bases.

I want to hate him but I kind of love it
I said from the start they need to just take the villain role and run with it. I never wanted the little apologies at the start of last season

Reactions: McGarnagle

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
seriously Masseratti has hit the next level of how bad modern sports radio is, I used to give him credit for knowing baseball, but he really just lives off his shtick of just vanilla takes and just being over critical of Boston sports teams. It started with his take that the 2018 Red Sox were the worst team to win the World Series to this latest trade deadline where he is too lazy to actually look up players. Seriously I bet they won't even touch the Sox after the win today.

I think he and Felger led the charge of running brady out of town and to see them live with that every day is entertaining for but Boston media complaining about a sub par trade deadline and a losing streak is about as predictable as people using umbrellas when it rains outside

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
When will Kyle Schwarber join the team and be able to play?
The Cordero experiment needs to end ASAP, he cannot hit major league pitching.
I hope the other players we received in the Benny trade work out to be servicable players.
We need Arroyo back as well and hopefully MG is limited to playing once every three weeks or longer.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
5 for 19 since Franchy returned and he got jobbed last night. He’s not a world beater and Schwarber will replace him in the lineup, but he hasn’t been a problem since he’s been back. As a matter of fact he’s one of the only guys on the team working counts, I’ve liked his approach lately

10 for 32 in his last 10 games in the bigs (3 2B, 1 HR)

so to recap:

-Misses almost the entire spring due to Covid

-Has to ramp up at the big league level, struggles mightily. Loses confidence.

-shows a glimmer of hope in the handful of games before he gets sent down with a few doubles and an absolute tank of a homer off of one of the best pitchers in baseball

-mashes in Worcester

-gets recalled and has been looking ok since his return, while playing a decent first base

I think there’s a major leaguer in there. Whether it happens here idk. I honestly doubt it. But he’s a guy that’s missed so much developmental time and was raw to begin… there’s a late bloomer there imo

Last edited:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The MLB PA’s condescending attitude towards change is slowly killing the sport.

They're fat, dumb and happy so they think the gravy train will run forever.

Got news for them...the kids won't watch it on TV/streaming because it takes too long to finish a game. My nephew & his circle of friends love going to games but they won't sit in front of the tv or computer screen for 3.5-4 hours watching it at home. IMO these monstrous tv contracts are going to become a thing of the past and then how will the teams pay these ridiculous player contracts? They can't do it on gate receipts alone.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Yah it’s to bad

they use that recipe and their ratings are thru the roof

Jones, Bertrand, Jim Murray are all using the heavy on negativity that Felger and now Mazz have used as a foundation for their show. Unlistenable to me knowing what they are doing

I will listen to Toucher & Rich a bit if they have a guest but Fred’s life doesn’t interest me

shockingly the best show for sports is Gresh & Keefe

98.5 is a scam job and I can only take small dose of OMF
I bypass all these idiots and their callers with stupid statements. Sirius XM with its hockey and baseball coverage, knowledgeable prepared moderators and well informed fans is where I get my sports fix. It's not free, but well worth it especially with its music, news and other discussion networks included.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I honestly take Perez out of the rotation before Richards. He’s just such batting practice

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
And he gives up another couple of hits and then drills a guy. Bases jacked, his day is done

just absolute garbage, even the outs were loud. Seabold time.

Reactions: Mione134

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
ump rings up JD on a pitch he called a ball twice in the at bat, one that is inside and off the plate

costs the Sox at least 1 run

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Apparently we purchased Delino Deshields Jr. from the Rangers. I don't see a spot for him but I guess it's another warm body for september callups.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Reminds me of when Dave Dravecky came back after a very long layoff and basically destroyed his arm again with his first pitch.:(

I was at The Big O when Dravecky broke his arm throwing a pitch. It sounds cliche' to say but it really did sound like a gun going off. :amazed:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I was at The Big O when Dravecky broke his arm throwing a pitch. It sounds cliche' to say but it really did sound like a gun going off. :amazed:

I saw the video replay and I was nearly sick to my stomach. For once something really was as bad at it looked on tv.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I saw the video replay and I was nearly sick to my stomach. For once something really was as bad at it looked on tv.

I clearly remember this knucklehead right behind us yelling " lever lever " ( get up - get up ) until he finally realized the severity of what had happened. I knew it was bad right away but then knew it was really bad when my Dad looked like he was going to be sick. :(

Reactions: BMC

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Gotta imagine Perez doesn't get another start once Sale is back.

Pivetta, Richards, and Perez have all sucked for about 2 months now, but Perez is giving them next to nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->