Red Sox/MLB 2021 Regular Season V - Jerry Remy stepping away from broadcasts to undergo lung cancer treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Somebody’s ready
90D5E148-4497-4C21-B76A-974EC5445666.jpeg

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
People really want them to continue the roller coaster and be in last again in a couple seasons, huh?

No. I do think they could have struck a middle ground. I mean, we acquired an injured guy to then play a position he has never played. All while not getting any immediate help (I don't count the bullpen JAGs).

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
No. I do think they could have struck a middle ground. I mean, we acquired an injured guy to then play a position he has never played. All while not getting any immediate help (I don't count the bullpen JAGs).

Best hitter moved at the deadline for a good price is kinda a decent middle ground. Not like the injured guy will be out forever

first base ain’t that tough, I expect he’ll be fine. Franchy looks solid there and he’s played like 5 games

They’re also adding Chris Sale and Houck full time. To go with Seabold. They’re golden

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Not when they are injured and unable to help you. We will see how it goes. I'm not killing Bloom. It could end up working out with Sale and Schwarber coming back. But if it doesn't it won't be hindsight to say he should have done a little more.

ed bruin

Feb 14, 2010
Newton
Incredible how dumb Masseratti is - he has no idea the Sox traded for Schwarber

seriously Masseratti has hit the next level of how bad modern sports radio is, I used to give him credit for knowing baseball, but he really just lives off his shtick of just vanilla takes and just being over critical of Boston sports teams. It started with his take that the 2018 Red Sox were the worst team to win the World Series to this latest trade deadline where he is too lazy to actually look up players. Seriously I bet they won't even touch the Sox after the win today.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
seriously Masseratti has hit the next level of how bad modern sports radio is, I used to give him credit for knowing baseball, but he really just lives off his shtick of just vanilla takes and just being over critical of Boston sports teams. It started with his take that the 2018 Red Sox were the worst team to win the World Series to this latest trade deadline where he is too lazy to actually look up players. Seriously I bet they won't even touch the Sox after the win today.

Him, Felger, and Big Jim Murray. All three of them are idiots.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
That home opening day game in March is something of a bad omen with the labor situation. Juicy matchup as it could be an ALCS rematch. Starting the year at home 2 years in a row is pretty rare.

If you are opening the season in March MLB should put the game in Tampa that has a roof.

But it isn't going to matter - the owners want to crush the MLBPA and Tony Clark.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
John Axford made his return to the majors today for the first time since 2018, and destroyed his elbow within one inning. Poor guy.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Correa working heel at Dodger Stadium. Hit a homer off Joe Kelly and did the Hulk Hogan ear rounding the bases.

I want to hate him but I kind of love it

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yah it’s to bad

they use that recipe and their ratings are thru the roof

Jones, Bertrand, Jim Murray are all using the heavy on negativity that Felger and now Mazz have used as a foundation for their show. Unlistenable to me knowing what they are doing

I will listen to Toucher & Rich a bit if they have a guest but Fred’s life doesn’t interest me

shockingly the best show for sports is Gresh & Keefe

98.5 is a scam job and I can only take small dose of OMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad