Celtics/NBA 2021 Playoffs - Celtics season is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
reminder from the recently closed thread:

Bulls @ Celtics (7 pm NBCSB);

The return of Javonte Green and Daniel Theis to the Garden... Luka Kornet, who came from Chicago in that trade now that Moe Wagner has been replaced by Jabari Parker;

now, the roster tonight and the rotations will be interesting if there's no Tatum (ankle) RW III, Fournier, Kemba, or Jay Brown, who are battling flu-like symptoms since neither are in COVID Protocol;

sounds LIKE the Jays will play tonight.... we likely won't have Fournier (Protocol); Walker/Marcus Smart (illness/not COVID), OR RW III (knee soreness) tonight

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Any idea if there is anyone Cs will be interested in ?

Probably vet mins and re-signing Fournier (or trading him for another exception in a S & T)

They don’t really have a lot of money to play around with

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Probably vet mins and re-signing Fournier (or trading him for another exception in a S & T)

They don’t really have a lot of money to play around with

Hopefully Fournier, Parker can provide some bench scoring....
I'd like a 3pt shooter to go along with them...

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Hopefully Fournier, Parker can provide some bench scoring....
I'd like a 3pt shooter to go along with them...

go get Batum for cheap and have the Frenchmen play together off the bench. He’s had a nice little comeback season

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Triple double aside Tatum was awful. It’s ok he was due for an off night.

Tremont Waters was awesome in the 4th, I thought that was cool

Last edited:

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Triple double aside Tatum was awful. It’s ok he was due for an off night.

Tremont Waters was awesome in the 4th, I thought that was cool

Your point is well taken regarding Tatum, 4 Turnovers. Wasn't Tatum a questionmark because of an ankle injury yet he played? Celtics don't win without Marcus Smart. Jaylen was also a questionmark because of a knee injury but he played and scored 23 pts. G. Williams had a real bad night scoring both FG and 3P.

Let's get back to the W against the Suns and the Nets, back to back, after 2 days off. That will be an actual test if everyone is available for these games.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Your point is well taken regarding Tatum, 4 Turnovers. Wasn't Tatum a questionmark because of an ankle injury yet he played? Celtics don't win without Marcus Smart. Jaylen was also a questionmark because of a knee injury but he played and scored 23 pts. G. Williams had a real bad night scoring both FG and 3P.

Let's get back to the W against the Suns and the Nets, back to back, after 2 days off. That will be an actual test if everyone is available for these games.

yeah he was generally making bad decisions in the 4th quarter. Wasn’t his night shooting. It’s not bad that in arguably one of his worst games of the year he put up a triple double in a close loss while missing teammates 3 through 6 (Smart/Walker/Williams/Fournier)

At the end of the day they didn’t make as many plays as Chicago did down the stretch, it’s that simple. The game really kinda ended when Waters made a great play on defense and dished to Grant in transition. Grant should’ve taken it to the rim but he deferred to Jaylen coming in at a bad angle with a defender expecting Grant to make that pass. Ended with an incredibly ugly shot attempt on a 3 on 1 and 0 points

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
yeah he was generally making bad decisions in the 4th quarter. Wasn’t his night shooting. It’s not bad that in arguably one of his worst games of the year he put up a triple double in a close loss while missing teammates 3 through 6 (Smart/Walker/Williams/Fournier)

At the end of the day they didn’t make as many plays as Chicago did down the stretch, it’s that simple. The game really kinda ended when Waters made a great play on defense and dished to Grant in transition. Grant should’ve taken it to the rim but he deferred to Jaylen coming in at a bad angle with a defender expecting Grant to make that pass. Ended with an incredibly ugly shot attempt on a 3 on 1 and 0 points

Thank you, for the update, I didn't have the game on TV.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I will give them a pass on this game, they had a great road trip. Win 2 out of the next 3.

I agree with you. That is going to be tough winning 2 out of the next 3, PHX, BKN, & CHA, but they can do it if at full strength for the PHX and BKN games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->