Celtics/NBA 2021 Regular Season Part 2 - RIP Elgin Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
also, the Gorman column that was detailed at the tail end of the original thread...

that is simply Mike trying to channel Tommy as to what Tommy would really be saying publically, if not privately.

I believe you get these emotional boosts right after losing icons, like Red, Johnny Most, Tommy, and KC, but now the reality is sinking in that they're not walking back through the Garden doors.

I'm sure the entire organization is struggling to cope as we continue to honor Tommy/KC the balance of this season...

Danny, I'm sure leaned on or listened to Tommy, over the years he's been in charge and when you don't have that sounding board.... Brad likely wishes he'd have that knowledge that Tommy always said....

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I'm more worried about Wyc actually wanting to go into the luxury tax than him putting pressure on anyone, owners shouldn't be getting involved in day to day business. We heard from him and Ainge that when the time comes they would go into it but we didn't keep any of the free agents like Horford, Morris or Rozier. Got lucky that Kemba wanted to join but there was ways to get Kemba and keep either Horford or Morris. Didn't match the money on Hayward, maybe he would have left anyway but it didn't seem like they put much up much of a fight to keep him and now you're left with Tatum, Brown, Kemba and Smart. They'll let Theis walk in free agency as well whether you think that's a good decision or not.

I don't know if you understood what I meant. I am not expecting Wyc to provide trade ideas etc. But applying some pressure to Danny in saying "how are we under .500? Fix this" should be on the table. Danny hasn't done enough for a lifetime contract where Wyc sits back and does nothing.

Reactions: DangleCity

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I disagree, my opinion.
Morey had no use for Horford.... then why did he bolt then..... it could be that Al is part of that clique with Kyrie, and now he's paying for that thinking Brett Brown was going to help him... and then he's gone, no one thought Doc would be released from the Clippers, nevermind renewed there.... Simmons/Embiid run that franchise now.... and Al is an afterthought in OKC, Last night a rare assist/exception to win that Thunder game.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
also, the Gorman column that was detailed at the tail end of the original thread...

that is simply Mike trying to channel Tommy as to what Tommy would really be saying publically, if not privately.

I believe you get these emotional boosts right after losing icons, like Red, Johnny Most, Tommy, and KC, but now the reality is sinking in that they're not walking back through the Garden doors.

I'm sure the entire organization is struggling to cope as we continue to honor Tommy/KC the balance of this season...

Danny, I'm sure leaned on or listened to Tommy, over the years he's been in charge and when you don't have that sounding board.... Brad likely wishes he'd have that knowledge that Tommy always said....
Im not buying that they are struggling because Tommy Heinsohn passed away. That seems like a big stretch.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Morey had no use for Horford.... then why did he bolt then..... it could be that Al is part of that clique with Kyrie, and now he's paying for that thinking Brett Brown was going to help him... and then he's gone, no one thought Doc would be released from the Clippers, nevermind renewed there.... Simmons/Embiid run that franchise now.... and Al is an afterthought in OKC, Last night a rare assist/exception to win that Thunder game.
He was a bad fit for Philly from the start. Not quick enough to play the 4 and Embiid is a top 3 center in the league so he was the odd man out and moved. His numbers with OKC this year are similar to his last year in Boston, he's just on a team that gets zero media attention and a roster with only a few good players.

Reactions: CDJ and CHRDANHUTCH

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I'm more worried about Wyc actually wanting to go into the luxury tax than him putting pressure on anyone, owners shouldn't be getting involved in day to day business. We heard from him and Ainge that when the time comes they would go into it but we didn't keep any of the free agents like Horford, Morris or Rozier. Got lucky that Kemba wanted to join but there was ways to get Kemba and keep either Horford or Morris. Didn't match the money on Hayward, maybe he would have left anyway but it didn't seem like they put much up much of a fight to keep him and now you're left with Tatum, Brown, Kemba and Smart. They'll let Theis walk in free agency as well whether you think that's a good decision or not.

I don't know enough about the owner to agree with your charge. I like Theis I would like to keep him but they could use a taller scorer in his position.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
These guys need a veteran coach with leadership. Someone who has played in the league and will push back. A Doc Rivers type perse. If they continue to flounder up to the AS break, then they need to take a look at the coach.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
These guys need a veteran coach with leadership. Someone who has played in the league and will push back. A Doc Rivers type perse. If they continue to flounder up to the AS break, then they need to take a look at the coach.
no veteran coach is available.

just look at what Minnesota just did and they are 7-24......

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
WNBA News:

Atlanta Dream were sold to Larry Gottenschiender..... who made a bid for the XL Center and the Hartford Whalers but were rebuked by MSG, in favor of the Hartford Wolf*Pack.

the Kelly Loeffler era is gonzo between the GA Senate and this transaction

Reactions: Maine Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad