Celtics/NBA 2021 Regular Season Part 2 - RIP Elgin Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Basically haven’t watched since 2009, but trying to get back into these guys.

I want to like the NBA product much more than I do.

it’s a very different game than 2009, doesn’t fit everybody’s tastes that’s for sure

for instance you’ll see Celtics fans complain about all the 3’s and at last check they actually shoot fewer than a good majority of the league. It’s all transition 3’s and positionless basketball, post players are basically dinosaurs

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
WELL IT'S going to be a grind for both Memphis and San Antonio starting in March until the play in tournament in May, 40 games in 68 days.... both due to COVID shutdowns

now this season, you're going to have a mini tourney for the 7 and 8 seeds in both conferences in about a 3-4 day window in mid May.

the traditional playoffs will be on the 22nd of May

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
You are not missing anything, trust me

Thanks, I was just going to check the score. Here I go. OMG Boston 72 Atlanta 94. Losing so badly and Walker is on the bench.

I am still a fan and haven't given up. C'mon Danny, help. Use your own money.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
What a horrendous stretch of games. If they come out of the break playing like this, Stevens has to go, I like the guy but something has to give.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Wyc puts no pressure on Danny and Danny puts no pressure on Brad. It seems like people are in agreement that the supporting cast isn't good enough yet a team with two all stars should never be this bad.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It’s Brown and Tatum’s team and quite frankly they aren’t playing efficient basketball and the team is missing its heartbeat in Smart. They weren’t playing like world-beaters with him but they seem so mentally fragile without him. It is a pretty young team though so I get it to a degree, but they should be able to pull themselves out of this slump a lot easier than they have been able to

Wyc seems committed to Danny and Brad. I expected regression but there’s no sugar-coating sub .500 ball. It’s a really weird year though and I’m sure Danny will do a roster turnover entering next year...he certainly seems to be thinking like that if you draw anything from his recent quotes

It sucks to more or less burn a year of Jaylen and Jayson but sometimes you have to take a step back to take a couple steps forward. The experience Nesmith, PP, and Timelord are getting now should be valuable in the future. Hopefully Langford joins that group when he’s healthy. And hopefully they hit the offseason aggressively and use that TPE

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Wyc puts no pressure on Danny and Danny puts no pressure on Brad. It seems like people are in agreement that the supporting cast isn't good enough yet a team with two all stars should never be this bad.
Thats the problem. Everyone is content, everyone has plenty of job security. Brad has a fresh 6 year contract. Ainge has been here for 15 years. Brown and Tatum have big contracts for the next handful of years, they seem much more concerned with establishing there brand, stats, and rep in the league then winning.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
I'm more worried about Wyc actually wanting to go into the luxury tax than him putting pressure on anyone, owners shouldn't be getting involved in day to day business. We heard from him and Ainge that when the time comes they would go into it but we didn't keep any of the free agents like Horford, Morris or Rozier. Got lucky that Kemba wanted to join but there was ways to get Kemba and keep either Horford or Morris. Didn't match the money on Hayward, maybe he would have left anyway but it didn't seem like they put much up much of a fight to keep him and now you're left with Tatum, Brown, Kemba and Smart. They'll let Theis walk in free agency as well whether you think that's a good decision or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
I'm more worried about Wyc actually wanting to go into the luxury tax than him putting pressure on anyone, owners shouldn't be getting involved in day to day business. We heard from him and Ainge that when the time comes they would go into it but we didn't keep any of the free agents like Horford, Morris or Rozier. Got lucky that Kemba wanted to join but there was ways to get Kemba and keep either Horford or Morris. Didn't match the money on Hayward, maybe he would have left anyway but it didn't seem like they put much up much of a fight to keep him and now you're left with Tatum, Brown, Kemba and Smart. They'll let Theis walk in free agency as well whether you think that's a good decision or not.

Horford would have been good for this team now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->