2021 Re-Signing (and Prospect Activation) Deadline - Wednesday, July 21

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
The deadline for re-signing your pending free agents is set for Wednesday, July 21 at 11:59 pm EST.

That will give us a week for the agents to gather and organize, and for Jeff to update the SIM, before we start the July Free Agent Frenzy (when our free agent period opens) on July 28.

This also includes your required prospect activations. THIS MUST BE DONE before July 21. A reminder that any player who played 10 games or more in the AHL or NHL will need to be signed and on your roster. Please note that if you do not activate your prospects (by signing them to ELC's) this will be done for you and all players will sign at the max. You will also be penalized $750,000 for every prospect that we have to activate for you.

So get those offers in, especially those qualifying offers. No qualifying offer means the player will become a UFA.

Another reminder that our cap will remain the same for next season with an upper limit of 81.5 Million and a floor of 60.2 Million.

Also be mindful of the 50 contract limit.

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Umm how does 50 AHL games in an 82 game schedule condense down to 10 in 56? Im confused, 10 games is nothing

Also on that note i have prospects i want to cut if deadline is wensday arent we supposed to be able to cut them now?

Last edited:

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
Umm how does 50 AHL games in an 82 game schedule condense down to 10 in 56? Im confused, 10 games is nothing

Also on that note i have prospects i want to cut if deadline is wensday arent we supposed to be able to cut them now?

I'm not sure I understand the question Zac? We have been making teams sign prospects after 10 pro games for a few seasons now. This is not new...

Reactions: albertascout

albertascout

Apr 8, 2012
I have submitted all prospect activations and FA offers and waiting for confirmation. I understand we also need the draft to get input as well.

Darryl

albertascout

Apr 8, 2012
Brock ,

What about a player playing 10 games in AHL but still has not drafted or signed by a NHL team?

Darryl

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
What about players who were drafted in 2020 and were eligible to play in the minors but due to cancellation ended up playing few games in AHL?

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
So I have a player (Isaak Phillips) who played more than 10 games, but is only 19 and eligible to return to OHL, but may stay in AHL. I'm not sure. Should I sign him or wait to see whether he goes back to OHL ?

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
So I have a player (Isaak Phillips) who played more than 10 games, but is only 19 and eligible to return to OHL, but may stay in AHL. I'm not sure. Should I sign him or wait to see whether he goes back to OHL ?

Answer i got was Jones/Perfetti/Douglas slide because they would have stayed in the OHL if it had played. Id assume same goes for WHLer who passed 10 games before their season started an they were called back.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
Answer i got was Jones/Perfetti/Douglas slide because they would have stayed in the OHL if it had played. Id assume same goes for WHLer who passed 10 games before their season started an they were called back.

Correct!

Any of those players who played in the AHL as "underagers" were given exemptions due to covid and their NHL contracts would slide. Thus they do not need to be signed.

Reactions: DrSense

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Correct!

Any of those players who played in the AHL as "underagers" were given exemptions due to covid and their NHL contracts would slide. Thus they do not need to be signed.

I botched this and signed a couple guys I probably shouldn't have. Will see over time if this helps or hurts me.

Chris1989

Jul 9, 2021
Might be in the wrong forum but how will free agency work out? Obviously it starts on the 28th but will this last like 2 to 3 weeks or is it like 24 hours per group?

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Might be in the wrong forum but how will free agency work out? Obviously it starts on the 28th but will this last like 2 to 3 weeks or is it like 24 hours per group?

Here's the thread from last year to give you an idea. After the first round of offers are processed there's a second, and after that, things are handed back over to the agents and follow our standard process.

~ HFNHL Free Agency 2020 ~

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Just a reminder to all GM's that the deadline is for sending in offers, so we will negotiate and process any offers that are sent in before the deadline. There are a lot of offers coming in, so no need to worry if you don't get a response before the deadline.

CoyotesHFNHL

May 30, 2010
Just a reminder to all GM's that the deadline is for sending in offers, so we will negotiate and process any offers that are sent in before the deadline. There are a lot of offers coming in, so no need to worry if you don't get a response before the deadline.

Good to know! I always tell myself I'm going to send them in early, and I always wind up sending them the within last week before the deadline. Hopefully next year! :oops:

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
Hey everyone,

Just a note, our Free agency period/posting will occur tomorrow now (July 29), instead of today. Gives the SimGod a day to return from his much needed vacation and do the last few updates.

Reactions: Dempsey

Chris1989

Jul 9, 2021
Hey everyone,

Just a note, our Free agency period/posting will occur tomorrow now (July 29), instead of today. Gives the SimGod a day to return from his much needed vacation and do the last few updates.

Beautiful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad