Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
6-0 Kings
@57special - This reminds me, I think it was discussed about a bonus for predicting a shutout?

It was something to be added this year since it was brought up halfway through last year.

Otherwise you could never technically get a triple whammy, but pretty sure predicting the exact score / winner and a shutout should still be triple whammy equivalent... if you predict a shutout loss, but not the exact score, treat it the same as getting both the winner and goalscorer?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
@57special - This reminds me, I think it was discussed about a bonus for predicting a shutout?

It was something to be added this year since it was brought up halfway through last year.

Otherwise you could never technically get a triple whammy, but pretty sure predicting the exact score / winner and a shutout should still be triple whammy equivalent... if you predict a shutout loss, but not the exact score, treat it the same as getting both the winner and goalscorer?
I debated that a few times. Technically you're getting a little bit less correct so maybe it's like a mini-whammy where you get 6 or something?

But I'm not in charge anymore so I don't have to make the call. :laugh:

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I debated that a few times. Technically you're getting a little bit less correct so maybe it's like a mini-whammy where you get 6 or something?

But I'm not in charge anymore so I don't have to make the call. :laugh:
I could see that...

How would you handle each possible outcome on that? You're not running the game, but you're still the guru of it at this point. ;)

@57special gets to decide though.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I could see that...

How would you handle each possible outcome on that? You're not running the game, but you're still the guru of it at this point. ;)

@57special gets to decide though.
Good question. I don't think you want to complicate the scoring too much. So I have no idea.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Good question. I don't think you want to complicate the scoring too much. So I have no idea.
Maybe just drop from 3pts to 1 point on the goal scorer portion if predicting a shutout, and add everything else the same?

Correct score wrong winner 2pts remains the same
Wrong score correct winner 5pts, because it comes with the predicted shutout, adding that 1 extra point.
If a mini-whammy, 6pts, not as hard as the full whammy since the full whammy needs one of 20 to score to be predicted.

Seems simple enough, correct? Thoughts?

Reactions: Wild11MN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
STANDINGS 1/15

Mookie Blaylock - 4
WILDTATE10 - 1
Olcoach - 1
Twowingcantfly - 1
Digitalbooya - 1