2021 Pre-Season Friendlies

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Pepe is going to score 15 goals this upcoming campaign no questions asked. He’s been our most dangerous player by a long shot.

That Mari and Holding pairing was absolutely dreadful today, omfg that was like 5-1 against Liverpool bad. Chelsea just kept putting through balls against them and they were constantly chasing the play. The first goal - which was a brilliant strike by Kai - had El Neny trying to cover because Holding was in the middle of the f***ing pitch, like 4 meters behind. Brutal performance and Mari is one of the slowest players I’ve ever seen since Mertesacker.

Xhaka makes that fantastic header and then in another play he’s caught in no man’s land as a defender because he’s one of the most brainless player in EPL leading to Chelsea’s second goal. Just so dumb because I don’t think Arsenal played that bad today, defensively I hope that the entire game plan changes though.

Hudson-Odoi was very good, probably their best player.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Pepe is going to score 15 goals this upcoming campaign no questions asked. He’s been our most dangerous player by a long shot.

Unlikely. He was already exposed by only scoring 5 goals in his 1st EPL season...that's even fewer than Werner; who we all know is now terrible...

:sarcasm:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
PSG lost the supercup against Lille, without likes of Neymar, Marquinhos, Mbappe,Verratti, Donnarumma etc. Interesting to see how they'll start and gel when the leagues starts in a week. Might take a while for them to get going.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Barca game might as well be played on a volcano with all those flares cant see anything.

Gavi back on.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Getting sliced open again and again on defence. I really like how mobile Depay is.

and they finally score. Really could be easily 3-0 lol

Reactions: YNWA14

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016

I f***ing called it before the signing. Such an awful job by the scouting department. Such a specific player that was just a product of the system Wolves played.

Edit:

What I said last summer:

The more I think about it, the less I can wrap my head around this Matt Doherty transfer.

First of all, I have no clue why Wolves are selling him, for such a reported measly price (£15M). He's doing really well there, is homegrown, and has three years left on his contract. It just doesn't make sense.

Second of all, I seriously question the fit for Spurs. Doherty is quite the unique player. Many call him a wingback but in that case he's far from a traditional one. When attacking, he rarely sticks out wide for too long, since he lacks dribbling ability and crossing ability. Instead he cuts inside to act more like a poacher. At Wolves they had Adama Traore that would stay wider and supply the balls from there, which would mean that Spurs right winger (Lucas or Bergwijn) will need to do the same all of a sudden.

Another thing is that at the moment, Spurs play with a back four. However, when in possession, Davies tucks inside to form a back three, which gives whoever plays right back much more freedom to go forward, so it's kinda lopsided. While that would fit Doherty, outside of possession Spurs still want to have the shape of a back four, something Doherty really isn't used to at all.

Maybe I'm putting too much thought into it, but I just feel like Doherty is a unique player that is largely a product of Wolves system, and I'm not confident that Spurs can accomodate him in nearly the same way. If they can't I expect him to be a bit of a tire fire.

Last edited:

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Ziyech just has those days where he looks like the best player on the field

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->