OT: 2021 Ottawa Festival and Concerts Thread

Spire2000

Jan 22, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
For I think 5 out of the past 6 years, I've created this thread. I'm going to be very optimistic and once again open this topic up for discussion for the coming year.

Here's some things we know about the state of festivals and concerts in the world:
Personally, I'm going to stay optimistic. We're still 5-6 months from the summer season, and I fully believe that once the vulnerable and high-risk populations are vaccinated, we're going to see people stop caring and things open up very quickly. Even in this extreme situation we're currently in, we have crowds attending sporting events all over the world, crowded theme parks and concerts in places from Florida to Nova Scotia to Korea.

We'll get there. Let's just hope this summer season can be saved.

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
Thanks for doing this! Also hoping that concerts will get up and running again in the summer. Fingers crossed

Reactions: Spire2000

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I have nothing against this thread (I love music too!), but wish we didn't pin so many threads. Please save us from carpal tunnel and reduce our scrolling!

Similarly, wish we could unpin the Atletico Ottawa thread, and in fact any thread that is kind of frozen due to the pandemic.

Spire2000

Jan 22, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'm hearing that Bluesfest is about to announce they are postponing til September and will combine with CityFolk for some sort of combo fest. Will be bigger than a normal CityFolk but smaller than Bluesfest.

Reactions: Tuna99

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
I'm hearing that Bluesfest is about to announce they are postponing til September and will combine with CityFolk for some sort of combo fest. Will be bigger than a normal CityFolk but smaller than Bluesfest.

I’ll take it if it means we have any chance at having some sort of music festival in 2021

Spire2000

Jan 22, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I've never been a big Dinosaur Jr fan, even back in the '90's when they should have been squarely my thing. The news here however is that they've announced their rescheduled tour dates starting this summer and including stops in Montreal and Toronto in September. Big tours like this take a lot to put together. I wonder if we're about to see the big summer/fall event explosion people are predicting...

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I've never been a big Dinosaur Jr fan, even back in the '90's when they should have been squarely my thing. The news here however is that they've announced their rescheduled tour dates starting this summer and including stops in Montreal and Toronto in September. Big tours like this take a lot to put together. I wonder if we're about to see the big summer/fall event explosion people are predicting...
I saw them a couple of times when they got back together, once at Osheaga, once in Vancouver at the Commodore Ballroom (if memory serves right). I'm not necessarily a big fan either, but they're good live. Jay Mascis is a great guitar player, and Lou Barlow (I'm a big Sebadoh fan) has surprisingly ferocious stage presence.

Spire2000

Jan 22, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Well, as of today (April 8th) Bluesfest is officially cancelled for a second year in a row. Good news is they're confirmed Rage Against the Machine (with Run the Jewels) for their 2022 festival.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Well, as of today (April 8th) Bluesfest is officially cancelled for a second year in a row. Good news is they're confirmed Rage Against the Machine (with Run the Jewels) for their 2022 festival.

Not surprising. In the way music festivals would have to run in 2021, I can’t see them being profitable at all.

2022 should be life back to normal, fingers crossed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad