2021 OHL Draft Prospects

Snipes 29

Dec 1, 2013
well if LONDON knights win the lottery pick most fans will exit the OHL ! They have for years had an advantage on all teams every one is aware of this! Branch does nothing to look into how every year they get top talent, to wealthiest franchise in Canada? Fans will turn away!

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
well if LONDON knights win the lottery pick most fans will exit the OHL ! They have for years had an advantage on all teams every one is aware of this! Branch does nothing to look into how every year they get top talent, to wealthiest franchise in Canada? Fans will turn away!

Couple things

1) no, most fans wouldn't "exit the OHL" lol.

2) re-read what you just said. The commissioner won't do anything about a team bringing in top talent to the league and making a ton of money for the league. Wow!!! A commissioner being okay with the league making money AND having really good players play in the league?? Crazy!!

Reactions: Hockey Stick

SarniaStingFan

Jul 28, 2020
The US 15O National Championships finished up this morning. Detroit Honeybaked beat Florida Alliance 6-3 in the finals. The points leader in the tournament was Gabriel Perreault (Chicago Mission) with 10 points. The goal scoring leaders in the tournament were Zak Januszkowsi (Detroit Compuware) and Christopher O'Flaherty (Chicago Young Americans) who both potted 5 goals. All three players mentioned above are eligible for the 2021 OHL Draft.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Hi everybody, now that the lottery is done I have questions. I usually follow more closely the minor midget prospects but this year because of covid I really have no clue.
So is there a conscensus# 1 this year?
Any idea what a top 20 prospect lists looks like?

Tx in advance

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
From what I understand the consensus #1 pick is F Calum Ritchie out of Oakville, but that is as far as my knowledge goes for prospects in this draft.

Reactions: sirius67fan

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Can anyone take a shot at the top ten for the draft in June ?

nobody knows the top 10, nobody has seen these kids play. Anybody who thinks they know how the top 10 will play out is just flat out guessing

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
So guys like Richie, Allen, Barlow are just names thrown out their?

No, they are the consensus top guys going into minor midget... odds are they are still the best players in the age group but who knows how they would’ve performed with a full season.

This draft is going to be extremely difficult... guys that dominated major bantam because of size and strength (early growth spurt) sometimes come back down to earth in minor midget when their peers catch up to them physically... there isn’t much data out there to determine who got better and who plateaued in their development.

AnonymousHockey

Mar 20, 2019
Anyone have even an attempt at a top5 or top10 for the upcoming OHL draft?

Ritchie from oakville is likely the consensus No1. It can change wildly but if I were to attempt based of my own opinion.

Calum Ritchie
Angus MacDonald
Marcus Mignosa
Noah Cochrane
Luke Misa
James Petrovski
Colby Barlow
Cameron Mercer
Luca Pinelli
Owen Outwater

This is personal opinion from what I’ve seen, and a bit from what I’ve heard. Talking with OHL Central Scouting staff over the course of last season, they had a pretty strong idea on what was coming up for the 05s already. Things can change drastically though, not only for the rankings, but how they all develop. No body is going to lose their job over this draft.

I like what I saw from more Marlies as well. Grisola, Bertucci, Nichols, and Coughlan all bring desired traits. I don’t believe any of them beat out the top 10 already listed

Cannot confirm relation, but watch out for another Misa in the form of Michael Misa 2007

Last edited:
Reactions: howlman

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018

This isn't exactly draft related, but I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that of the 29 thousand views this thread has, some of them are players or parents of a player who are draft eligible. This is an interview with Kitchener Rangers COO Joe Birch who goes in depth on what the OHL has to offer in terms of its education packages. He also preaches the high skill level of USports hockey and talks about his time in the OHL, both as a player and working at the league office. Something to chew on if you are someone who has to make the decision between the OHL and college hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->