2021 OHL Draft Prospects

greasygoal

Apr 8, 2020
its not a dad and they are GTA based from all accounts

What accounts?

reeks of a dad,

1 inconsistent rankings through age groups, 2003 minor midget and 2004 minor midgets and bantam, completely ignored but not 2001 and 2002, indicates no children at those levels or age groups,
2 profiles of players missing, possibly a paid site, likely only saw players they played against and rest paid or heresay.
3 goalie profiles line up in 2005 and 2002 with tournaments that one EMC, team went to and teams they played against.
4 two tournaments covered last year for 2005, trw early bird and alliance showcase both Emc attended.
5 late on deadlines announced consistently, shows its a past time not a professional
6 wont publish name on site, not legit.

i would put zero faith in anything on the site, just a nice talking point

greasygoal

Apr 8, 2020
Not aggressive at all, it's tough to argue anything you wrote! Wishing your son the best of luck in his draft year!!

only argument i will make is against the pay to view list and the ones that wont put their name on it. everyone is allowed their opinion and they have the right to voice it online etc.. but they aren't taking criticism if their name is not on it. and if you have to pay to see it, its not legit. steve ellis and a few others will talk and give their opinions that takes courage.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Just an initial qualifier...

I'm a dad of a player heading into his minor midget year. I've had another go through the process. I'm sure some will argue me, but I like to think that I'm fairly level headed, I try to stay on my own at the rink and stay away from the games and drama that some other parents bring. I get my kid isn't Connor McDavid, he's an average AAA player, what ever happens next year will be based on his own play and growth vs what is said about him online. If he has fun next year, that's legitimately my only goal.

My first son went through the draft 5 years ago and I was fairly interested in draft info at the time, still am to an extent. Through minor hockey you always get to know new and different people from different areas and cheer for their success. My son knew a lot of 03s and 04s from summer hockey, training, etc. I kept an eye on their rankings and where they ended up.

I think anyone putting their thoughts out there are brave, there truly isn't much benefit, perhaps to get noticed and gain someone's eye and move up a ladder? The moment rankings go up they are wrong, someone will find some way to critique or tear down something that doesn't fit what they want to think. I respect anyone who is willing to put things out without the answers first.

That said, I think if you look at the past few years, there seems to be a wide enough variance between one site and how the draft played out, at least after the first few rounds. That's not to say that they were wrong, that's their opinion, but the results didn't end up mirroring their rankings as you would think they have, many players didn't turn out as good as one would think. There was one site that use to be quite effective at it, but I'm not sure if that's the case anymore.

Ill say again, anyone who puts out rankings has my utmost respect, they are putting things out there and taking bullets to do it, to very little benefit. But I think there can be danger from some in putting a bit too much value in those rankings without looking back at past years and seeing how accurate they ended up.

Just my 2 cents.

Apologize if that comes off aggressive, I attempt to be balanced with the feedback, I think its awesome that they are willing to put things out there, lets just be careful with treating it as gospel, as opposed to entertainment/opinion.
Agreed, those rankings are fun to see for parents and kids but in the end, they mean very, very little. Those people aren’t interacting with OHL scouts or sitting in team meetings, they don’t know where a team would rank a player or who likes who. They’re even less credible than amateur NHL draft lists, since watching minor midget sufficiently enough to make a list is very hard, even for actual OHL scouts.

Leafsguy

Mar 12, 2020
I think it is safe to say that Priority Selection is based in the US and if you are basing your rankings on big US tournaments, a year ago Barlow scored 22 goals in 7 games in the huge Chicago tournament and was dominant. Also the Oakville kids and Marlboros kids (including Barlow) are going to higher than that.
higher as in earlier than that? The Oakville kids are both ranked top 5 there.

Last edited:

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
should there be no scouts in rinks/games put online, this draft should be both exciting and terrifying.

not being able to see guys in person is a game changer. unless all the games are on 1 generic camera angle covering the whole ice, it’s tough to get a feel for guys play/body language away from the puck if you can’t actually see them.

but this also allows for more time for scouts to watch games, as well as see more players because they probably won’t be limited to a certain region.

I have to imagine a lot of the normal scouting process for the OHL draft is hearsay from the scout of that region with games not being as easily accessible than the major junior leagues. other regional scouts and the GM would really only get to see certain players at the big tournaments

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
should there be no scouts in rinks/games put online, this draft should be both exciting and terrifying.

not being able to see guys in person is a game changer. unless all the games are on 1 generic camera angle covering the whole ice, it’s tough to get a feel for guys play/body language away from the puck if you can’t actually see them.

but this also allows for more time for scouts to watch games, as well as see more players because they probably won’t be limited to a certain region.

I have to imagine a lot of the normal scouting process for the OHL draft is hearsay from the scout of that region with games not being as easily accessible than the major junior leagues. other regional scouts and the GM would really only get to see certain players at the big tournaments

You'll see a lot of minor midget coaches added to OHL scouting staffs if that's the case

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Hey everyone!

With the 2020 OHL Draft in the rear-view mirror, the time has come to look ahead to the 2021 OHL Draft and it's class of 2005-born prospects. One reality which will become abundantly clear to anyone looking to familiarize their-self with this year's class is the fact that the 2005-born class is incredibly deep and varied in terms of position. Despite the Priority Selection standing many months away, it is quite clear that there will be a slew of high-end defenders eligible for selection -- a higher frequency that in year's passed.

With this being said, we've opened up this thread to create a dialogue revolving the many talented youngsters eager to impress OHL organizations this coming season. We'll kick things off by posting our 2021 OHL Draft Preview -- an article which outlines and profiles 60 of the top 2005-born prospects set to compete this coming season.

2021 OHL Draft Preview: 60 Top Prospects

Chompskiii

Mar 29, 2020
Do you know this player personally? This is the 3rd time in your 12 total posts you've asked about him.
Yeah sorry about that. I do know him personally, he is also the younger brother of David Levin so I wonder what is up with him.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Nice to see Luke Moore making the list. I've watched that age group play for probably 7 or 8 years now, and you're pretty spot on with the evaluation. There's probably another one or two players from that team that we should see go in the mid to late rounds next April.

A well written piece as always! Nice work.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
In case anyone wants to follow along, Elite Showcase are uploading most of their games https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHkEPmmaRf4EoTKdV-NV7Bg/videos Downside is that the camera quality is spotty.

Luca Pinelli is looking great. Smart, skilled, responsible and tenacious. Looks a little undersized, so there might be another level he can hit. If his skating can get a little more explosive, he'll dominate.

Darren Wilson another guy with a lot of next level skills(if the numbers on these jerseys are correct)

Last edited:

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Are there any early rankings yet for the 2021 OHL draft? Earlier in this thread there was a Priority Selection link that had a decent list, but the link doesn't seem to work anymore and I didn't save it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->