Speculation: 2021 Offseason Trade/Free Agency Thread - Episode V : Dude, Where’s My Bob?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Lot of weird shit on Twitter today. Multiple NYR "insiders" saying the eichel trade was imminent and that turning out to be total BS.

Then, Eichel himself creates a Twitter account, only for a Buffalo beat writer to claim it's fake according to his agent, followed by Eichel confirming himself that it is in fact real.

The dog days of summer are upon us.

Reactions: Trojans86

Kariya 9

Feb 28, 2014
@Deuce22

We’ll be bad with or without Lindholm. No point in letting him walk. We can’t give him 9million.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Name a guy not named Zegras, Rakell, Comtois and maybe Terry. He's close to Silf, Steel, etc. but I prefer him at that deal easily.
How do we expect the kids to get better if we supplant them with marginal Vets. Its not like we can send them to the AHL at this point. We know what Johansson is. Id rather find out if those kids can be more.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
How do we expect the kids to get better if we supplant them with marginal Vets. Its not like we can send them to the AHL at this point. We know what Johansson is. Id rather find out if those kids can be more.
Really no point taking the kids out for meh vets…. Let them continue to get mind and hopefully they can find the next gear

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
We couldn't sign Marcus Johansson for 1 year 1.5 mil? He's whatever but he's an upgrade on some of our players...
See now this type of shit is exactly what gets to me. Is missing out on MoJo at 1.5M on its own really a big deal? Nope. However in our 3 seasons since we started missing the playoffs, we’ve had the following ranked offenses:

2018-19: 31st
2019-20: 26th (in 71 GP, of the 5 teams below us, 1 played 69, 1 played 71, 3 played 70)
2020-21: 31st

So 2 of the 3 years we had the worst offense in the league and another finishing just outside the top 5 with every team below except by far the worst in the league Detroit having played less games than us. Starting with the 2019 offseason, we have signed the following forwards:

Andreas Martinsen
Andrew Poturalski
Blake Pietila
Derek Grant
Vinny Lettieri
Danny O’Regan
Buddy Robinson

We have acquired the following forwards in trade:

Danton Heinen
Sonny Milano
Alex Volkov
David Backes
Kyle Criscuolo
Nic Deslauriers

This is unbelievably negligent. I challenge anyone to find a worse group of players among any teams in the league over that span. And no one else had the worst offense 2/3 of these seasons like we did. Just an absolutely inexcusable lack of effort.

Last edited:

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
See now this type of shit is exactly what gets to me. Is missing out on MoJo at 1.5M on its own really a big deal? Nope. However in our 3 seasons since we started missing the playoffs, we’ve had the following ranked offenses:

2018-19: 31st
2019-20: 26th (in 71 GP, of the 5 teams below us, 1 played 69, 1 played 71, 3 played 70)
2020-21: 31st

So 2 of the 3 years we had the worst offense in the league and another finishing just outside the top 5 with every team below except by far the worst in the league Detroit having played less games than us. Starting with the 2019 offseason, we have signed the following forwards:

Andreas Martinsen
Andrew Poturalski
Blake Pietila
Derek Grant
Vinny Lettieri
Danny O’Regan
Buddy Robinson

We have acquired the following forwards in trade:

Danton Heinen
Sonny Milano
Alex Volkov
David Backes
Kyle Criscuolo
Nic Deslauriers

This is unbelievably negligent. I challenge anyone to find a worse group of players among any teams in the league over that span. And no on else had the worst offense 2/3 of these seasons like we did. Just an absolutely inexcusable lack of effort.
I really don't understand what you expect. They clearly decided to transition to their prospects and try to force a younger core. They need playing time. We absolutely need to upgrade and the reality is that Ducks have been tied to most of the the young players that are also upgrades that have been rumored to be available. PLD, Laine, Eichel. Just because he hasn't gotten them doesn't mean he hasn't tried.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I really don't understand what you expect. They clearly decided to transition to their prospects and try to force a younger core. They need playing time. We absolutely need to upgrade and the reality is that Ducks have been tied to most of the the young players that are also upgrades that have been rumored to be available. PLD, Laine, Eichel. Just because he hasn't gotten them doesn't mean he hasn't tried.

I'm not about to start handing out effort points to our GM.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Do you think it is better for the development of our young players to come up thrown into the worst offense in the league where they are expected to be the saviors, or adding talent so that while we certainly won’t be one of the better offenses in the league, we will at least have a competitive group to insulate our young players?

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
We need some vets that know how to play hockey to insulate our kids.... Especially if we are planning on trading rakell.

Tony O

May 31, 2011
It's his f***** job to get it done. You are making the point that he sucks at his job. “Do or do not. There is no try.” – Yoda

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Johansson misses like 25 games a year minimum. I know we want action but that isn't it.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Just imagine about how much points Hampus would have if the could play with McJesus and Draisaitl. And how much Nurse would have with the Ducks.

Hampus would put up more points In Edmonton than Nurse does that’s for sure.

Nurses numbers without McDavid and Draisaitl on the ice are really bad. You would think GMs would look into context more when handing out $74M contracts but Holland is more of a raw numbers guy apparently.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
It’s very unlikely lindholm will get 9…. While I agree he’s better than nurse, he honestly doesn’t have the statistics to justify it
Yeah, Nurse production last 3 years:

Lindholm production:

It's pretty different, even if Nurse is profiting big time off two of the gamers best players, lol

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
There is no stat, person, coach, etc. in the entire world that can convince me Nurse is anywhere close to as valuable or good a defensemen as Hampus. Not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad