Speculation: 2021 Offseason Thread - Back To Back Champs Edition

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
so Buffalo....

Buffalo ain't gonna be that bad for that much longer. Once Eichel gets voted off the island they're gonna turn it around. I always defended him as one of the most underrated NHLer's and respected him so much for the crap he put up with but it's looking like the guy is another Duchene. The Sabres might land Shane Wright and that alone would be like getting Nathan MacKinnon. Or I'm wrong and they get Connor 2.0 or Michkov.

Either way, both guys on Tampa would be just..... idk it would be some shit we have never seen before

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
It would take some serious tanking to get to that level. Not to mention the ltir we would be under that would piss the league off as well lol.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It would take some serious tanking to get to that level. Not to mention the ltir we would be under that would piss the league off as well lol.

Naw, just trade for a 1st rounder and if it's not to a playoff team it doesn't really matter because the lottery is such a crapshoot. We allegedly were 1 number away from the 2nd overall pick in 2017 and we had like the worst odds

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Naw, just trade for a 1st rounder and if it's not to a playoff team it doesn't really matter because the lottery is such a crapshoot. We allegedly were 1 number away from the 2nd overall pick in 2017 and we had like the worst odds
and imagine we won the 2nd overall pick.. we would have Cale Makar or Miro Heiskanen or even EP40

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
this. We don't have to be twice as good as everyone to win a cup. We only need to be better. And maybe avoid the islanders.

Still the best core in the league. Let's get whatever depth we can, rather than rebuild because we're losing depth players. That's just silly.

Last edited:

Point21

Oct 23, 2018

Doesnt surprise me. Lohin is 25 and while his numbers were ok in the AHL and ECHL, he will get passed over by younger guys like Goncalves, Finley, Ryfors, Fortier. Masin kinda sucks to lose but i dont see him coming back over from Russia any time soon

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Spotrac has Ben Thomas as an RFA, though he was absent from the list.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Spotrac has Ben Thomas as an RFA, though he was absent from the list.
Cap Friendly has him as an UFA
Doesnt surprise me. Lohin is 25 and while his numbers were ok in the AHL and ECHL, he will get passed over by younger guys like Goncalves, Finley, Ryfors, Fortier. Masin kinda sucks to lose but i dont see him coming back over from Russia any time soon
Yeah lots of centers in Syracuse including Antoine Morand and Odeen Tufto

TampaBoltz

Oct 26, 2015
So we have 750K in cap space and 17 players signed. Probably need around 3M for the young forwards not under contract to replace the 4 we lose(assuming no Coleman and only trading Johnson). I really think we need to get another RHD in free agency. I don't trust Foote and we don't have the assets to get another one at the trade deadline. I was thinking we would have to trade both Johnson and Palat. But it's probably doable only trading Johnson if we can get a cheap RHD and sign some young Forwards for the 5.75M we would have by trading Johnson only. *note Smith, Joseph, and Stephens are already under contract. So maybe they could get by with Colton and 1 other on an NHL contract. So, maybe less than the 3M I indicated.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
No clue what Seattle is doing while Arizona cleans up with these picks. Still $10m from the cap floor. And that’s without trading some of the excess dmen from the expansion draft that will most likely happen.

They plan on being big players in free agency?

Landeskog front has been quiet, but not sure why he’d wanna go there. Dougie? They do seem like the front runners for Jayden Schwartz. But that’s still not enough unless they double dip on the left side with someone like Saad or Hoffman.

With every cap dump that happens that isn’t Johnson, I lose a little more hope that he gets moved. But him in Seattle just makes too much sense for everybody involved not to happen.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->