2021-2022 Roster Speculation Thread, pt. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
If the Sabres are worried about hitting the cap floor, I wonder if they look at trading for Phil Kessel?

He has a $6.8M cap hit and a $850k salary this season after the 15% retention by Toronto.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
If the Sabres are worried about hitting the cap floor, I wonder if they look at trading for Phil Kessel?

He has a $6.8M cap hit and a $850k salary this season after the 15% retention by Toronto.
With 43 points in 56 games, I'd guess a contender would trade more futures for him at the deadline than we'd want to give up

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

With Eichel they will be at the floor

cap friendly us at $53M with Mitts, Joki, and Dahlin to sign. Low cost fir the 3 is $9M which puts thrm above the floor.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
With 43 points in 56 games, I'd guess a contender would trade more futures for him at the deadline than we'd want to give up

Probably.

I just figured that the big gap between his cap hit and salary would be attractive to the Pegulas since it would be an economical & efficient was to hit the cap floor.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I don't have much doubt we'll be at or above the floor.

Eichel isn't likely being moved for all futures & if Adams has any sense he will pay Dahlin market value for 8 years.

Reactions: brian_griffin

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
Has there been any news about Buffalos remaining RFAs? Even around here the chatter has been nonexistent. Dahlin, Jokiharju, Mittelstadt? These are potentially franchise shaping deals depending on what happens (though Dahlin is the only one I can fathom they want to go max length on).

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Has there been any news about Buffalos remaining RFAs? Even around here the chatter has been nonexistent. Dahlin, Jokiharju, Mittelstadt? These are potentially franchise shaping deals depending on what happens (though Dahlin is the only one I can fathom they want to go max length on).

There was a report around the draft that the Sabres have started talks with Dahlin.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
So, I'm a bit worried we aren't going to add any more pieces until after the Eichel saga is cleared up, mainly because salary has to be coming back now. So, we won't know how much is left in the 'budget' until the Eichel trade is over.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Buffalo might ice the worst NHL team in the last 50 years next season, if nothing huge doesn't happen.

Depressing.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Buffalo might ice the worst NHL team in the last 50 years next season, if nothing huge doesn't happen.

Depressing.
They're going to start the season like world beaters and the theme will change to "these guys are really good, we were wrong about them". Then around a month and half into the season other teams will realize how soft they are and start beating the crap out of them and they lose most of their remaining games.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
They're going to start the season like world beaters and the theme will change to "these guys are really good, we were wrong about them". Then around a month and half into the season other teams will realize how soft they are and start beating the crap out of them and they lose most of their remaining games.

I can’t wait for those threads, and us Sabres fans who venture on the main boards are telling those people to knock it off.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee

This goes against the purpose of our youth first approach. If they pay us to take him, sure. Otherwise eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad