2021 Offseason player / roster discussion: Who's Next, This Song is Over, Won't Get Fooled Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Reactions: Eichel9

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Vegas isn't trading a guy who just finished the season with a .928 save percentage, won the Jennings, and will likely win the Vezina

one year at 7 mill--Vegas could get a a first and a good prospect for him.

Vegas Golden Knights - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps is why. They are jammed up against the cap. I had forgotten that Vegas isn't part of the expansion draft, so that makes it a bit easier to just wait out the draft and move him. I still don't think he returns a 1st. Maybe we dangle our 2nd which is essentially a 1st

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Just saw this on the trade board .

Sam wants to play in the west cost

West Van's Sam Reinhart wants to play on the west coast: report | Offside

There are definitely a wealth of talent and moving him out of conference would be fine. Sam Reinhart, is my favorite player on this roster. I feel like teams like Anaheim, LA, Vancouver, etcetera make a ton of sense. Sam Reinhart, much like Rasmus Ristolainen has been here since the beginning, and he deserves a new lease on life. He's never really badmouthed the team or the franchise / fans. But, even when he proves himself he still cannot get paid.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
The question I have been pondering is with so many unhappy players, do we blow up the roster and rebuild from scratch? With RR one year away from UFA, I think moving him instead of losing him for nothing is in order
No? Why are you blowing up the roster? You have a core already started in Dahlin, Cozens and Mittlestadt.

Reactions: Sabresmp

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Can we stop giving out multi year deals? That would be a nice start. If they fall off a cliff then no harm no foul. Take a page out of Beane's book and take chances on 1 year prove it deals. Maybe nobody would ever come to Buffalo but at least we aren't stuck with garbage (I'm looking at you Eakin)

No, take the Quick contract which already exists in an Eichel trade.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
To be fair, Sam has not expressed a preference for any coast and the sourcing on that article is Paul Hamilton who has an obvious disdain for Reinhart. It makes some sense he might prefer to be closer to his family in Vancouver, but no legit source has said this.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Adams mentioned surrounding the young core with the right players. They are going to go and sign more Eakins and Shearys. High character guys with playoff experience that suck at hockey.

probably going to target some guys like that in the Eichel trade, too

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Adams mentioned surrounding the young core with the right players. They are going to go and sign more Eakins and Shearys. High character guys with playoff experience that suck at hockey.
That’s some inference there. Eakin and Sheary were players that Krueger wanted. No evidence that Adams prefers that type of player.

Reactions: 5 Minute Major

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
That’s some inference there. Eakin and Sheary were players that Krueger wanted. No evidence that Adams prefers that type of player.

I'll echo something thedoak has said. Either Adams wanted or at least was okay with the signing Eakin, letting Larsson walk for less money, and overpaying Girgensons and Tage for three years each, or Adams is subservient to Krueger/Pegulas and didn't have enough say to not let it happen.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I'll echo something thedoak has said. Either Adams wanted or at least was okay with the signing Eakin, letting Larsson walk for less money, and overpaying Girgensons and Tage for three years each, or Adams is subservient to Krueger/Pegulas and didn't have enough say to not let it happen.
It’s likely the last part. The Pegulas seemed like they were entranced by Krueger’s talk so they let him run the off-season. I think Adams got the reins when Krueger got fired, which makes sense because that correlates to when Granato started regularly benching Eakin.

Reactions: Zach716

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
To be fair, Sam has not expressed a preference for any coast and the sourcing on that article is Paul Hamilton who has an obvious disdain for Reinhart. It makes some sense he might prefer to be closer to his family in Vancouver, but no legit source has said this.

i know WGR is bad, but schopp and bulldog have made numerous comments over the years about how the bills and sabres alike always seem to run good players out of town, but i don't think i've ever heard them take hamilton to task for his axe grinding. hamilton talked shit about o'reilly for 2 years prior to his trade and the guy went on to win a conn smythe. i don't think reinhart is the same caliber player as o'reilly, but this is same shit different year

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
i know WGR is bad, but schopp and bulldog have made numerous comments over the years about how the bills and sabres alike always seem to run good players out of town, but i don't think i've ever heard them take hamilton to task for his axe grinding. hamilton talked shit about o'reilly for 2 years prior to his trade and the guy went on to win a conn smythe. i don't think reinhart is the same caliber player as o'reilly, but this is same shit different year
Harrington and Hamilton, or Ha & Ha, or
Download.jpg

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
I'd love to just give it one more go with sam and eichel with a Coach with experience and actual goalies. Trade something of decent of value to get one or 2 of okposo/eakins/miller off the books. Sign a goalie. Sign a LD nothing fancy and run Eichel reinhart mittlestadt sheahan down the middle.

Skinner-Eichel-Cozens
Bjork-Reinhart-Oloffson
Asplund -Mittlestadt-R2
Girgenson-Sheahan-Goodrow

Dahlin-Borgen
Martinez-Ristolanien
Bryson-Jokiharju

Ullmark/Bernier/Raanta

not gonna happen though. in typical buffalo fashion we'll trade eichel and reinhart for nothing and be laughed at when reinhart becomes a 60-70 points 1/2c and eichel break 90 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->