2021 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I know nothing about these prospects, but the way you all talk about Beniers makes him sound a lot like the way we talked about Reinhart his draft year. Especially the "faster ROR" comp.
was Reinhart ever to be considered a fast skater?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Eklund will not play at the WC due to injury.

Beniers and Clarke are in my top 3 and now I will closely follow Power's game at the WC.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Cole Sillinger looks like an interesting player if we have one more choice around #8 - #15.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
In that range I'm looking more at Lucias and especially Coronato if and a big if Wallstedt and Cossa are gone
And I like Sillinger better, but Lucius and Coronato probably would also be a good choice.

Last edited:

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
If Wallstedt is still there at pick 17-20 I hope Adams does everything he can to trade up our 2nd pick and snag him. Hopefully UPL takes the reigns but goalies take so long to develop that our situation could change easily by the time he's ready.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
If Wallstedt is still there at pick 17-20 I hope Adams does everything he can to trade up our 2nd pick and snag him. Hopefully UPL takes the reigns but goalies take so long to develop that our situation could change easily by the time he's ready.
I think it's a toss up between Wallstedt and Cossa, I would be happy if the Sabres could grab either

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Well, at least we already know that Adams is not afraid to trade in order to grab the right guy, as was the case with Peterka.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
What did you see in Svechkov that you were so high on it?

In regards to both players, the fact that they are both defensively responsible players. They’ve both been put in a position of trust by the coaches of all their teams (club and national) to shut down the opposing teams top lines. Both have succeeded.

They also have offensive capabilities, and both have shown that. Sure, they both aren’t aiming for league leader in points, but they’ve both been adequate seeing how young they are.

In addition, both have played against men, and performed admirably. Svechkov in the KHL, Helenius in the Finnish league. They both need to improve on things, but they’re young, so they’re not finished products.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Karmanos said that they will try to choose the kind of players they think they will be the best in the future. So this is probably the highest ceiling? Maybe it won't be Beniers, but guys like Power, Clarke or Kent Johnson, who knows.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
In regards to both players, the fact that they are both defensively responsible players. They’ve both been put in a position of trust by the coaches of all their teams (club and national) to shut down the opposing teams top lines. Both have succeeded.

They also have offensive capabilities, and both have shown that. Sure, they both aren’t aiming for league leader in points, but they’ve both been adequate seeing how young they are.

In addition, both have played against men, and performed admirably. Svechkov in the KHL, Helenius in the Finnish league. They both need to improve on things, but they’re young, so they’re not finished products.
Svechkov has never played in the KHL, he played in the VHL, and this is a big difference.

It scares me a little that he moved to the team from my city, because he may simply not get enough playing time, and maybe he will have to develop in the VHL again, instead of playing in the KHL in a weaker team, but having a lot of playing time.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Svechkov has never played in the KHL, he played in the VHL, and this is a big difference.

It scares me a little that he moved to the team from my city, because he may simply not get enough playing time, and maybe he will have to develop in the VHL again, instead of playing in the KHL in a weaker team, but having a lot of playing time.

Where do you live? Togliatta or St. Petersburg?

The VHL is the second highest league in Russia (to my understanding), and they have grown men there. Obviously the best ones are in the KHL. But to me, the VHL is the Russian equivalent of our AHL.

And I assume the MHL is our equivalent to the ECHL.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017

I'm not as sure about Helenius having much or at least enough offensive capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad