2021 NHL Entry Draft Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addik04

Sep 15, 2010
I was looking at videos of L'Heureux. Is it me or he looks a bit like Sam Bennett? Bottom could be Bennett of Calgary, but the ceiling would be a light Bennett from Florida?

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I was looking at videos of L'Heureux. Is it me or he looks a bit like Sam Bennett? Bottom could be Bennett of Calgary, but the ceiling would be a light Bennett from Florida?

Not impressed with L'Heureux, Bourgault is much smarter and more skilled...

Reactions: SOLR

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Not impressed with L'Heureux, Bourgault is much smarter and more skilled...

Bourgault is that, but he also almost qualified for the 2020 draft because he is older than most everybody in this draft , not a good skater and his numbers didn't improve all that much over 2019-20. I wouldn't take him or L'Heureux.

Addik04

Sep 15, 2010
If you want a frenchie, Bourgault is easily the best of the 2...

I asked if it was a fair comparaison my friend. Have not spoke about a pick or who I prefer or who I want?

I would not want neither as a first round if you ask me, but you have not asked me.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I asked if it was a fair comparaison my friend. Have not spoke about a pick or who I prefer or who I want?

I would not want neither as a first round if you ask me, but you have not asked me.

Im a fan of Bourgault personally, he plays alot like Mercer, very quick hands, good speed, makes plays all the times in restraint areas, good shot as well and I feel his tools will stand out even more as he gets stronger, kid has good IQ as well...

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
Im a fan of Bourgault personally, he plays alot like Mercer, very quick hands, good speed, makes plays all the times in restraint areas, good shot as well and I feel his tools will stand out even more as he gets stronger, kid has good IQ as well...
And how about Bolduc? I'm impressed watching some highlights, but I hear he's inconsistent. He feels like a Boom or bust kind of prospect.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
And how about Bolduc? I'm impressed watching some highlights, but I hear he's inconsistent. He feels like a Boom or bust kind of prospect.

I havent watched Bolduc play at all, cant comment here...

Addik04

Sep 15, 2010

Have not seen him this year, but not a fan. Actually, I was a fan in midget. I thought he was really intelligent and wasnt going into corner because he was smaller/lighter than everyone. Great skills/toolset, but since Midget, he cut corners, wont sacrifice himself, dont go to dirty areas from what i've seen from him at 15, 16 and 17 years old, perimeter guy, not implicated. Really different from Mercer who was your go to guy for everything. However, it could have change. I would be very surprised, but who knows.

Bourgault is a great guy when we watch highlights, but when we watch a complete game, not my favorite.

Reactions: Fenris and 1000eeer

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Not a fan of Bourgault. Far from it...

We will trade that first round pick anyways.. So It doesn't matter who we think the habs will select.

Otherwise, I would have liked Oskar Olausson at the end of the first round.

Last edited:

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Me low key waiting for more draft content in this thread

q8kDLPw.gif

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
If we get a top pick in 2022 and/or 2023 in addition to prospects graduating and youngsters developing, I can see us move in the Colorado category of contenders. Yes, Bedard/Wright/Lambert are that good.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The U.S. National Team Development Program has consistently produced top draft prospects in recent years. The latest is Bradenton, Florida native Sasha Pastujov. A talented left-winger, Pastujov spent most of this season on the Under-18 team’s top line. He put up 30 goals and 35 assists for 65 points in 41 games with the NTDP. Pastujov was named one of the top three players on the team at the IIHF Under-18 World Championships. He certainly did his part with five goals and three assists for eight points in five games in the tournament. Despite the U.S. suffering a disappointing quarter-final loss, it certainly can’t be blamed on Pastujov.

In 2019-20 Pastujov put up 14 goals and 36 assists for 50 points in 49 games with the Under-17 squad. He also helped the team to a silver medal at the Under-17 World Hockey Challenge, putting up one goal and seven assists for eight points in six tournament games. In fact, he led the tournament in assists. Pastujov is committed to attending the University of Notre Dame and playing for the Fighting Irish next season. Should he change his mind and go the CHL route, his rights belong to the Guelph Storm.

2021 NHL Draft #25: Sasha Pastujov Scouting Report

It was an interesting year for Zachary L’Heureux. Traded last summer from Moncton to Halifax, he delivered on the scoreboard for the Mooseheads. L’Heureux put up 19 goals and 20 assists for 39 points in 33 games. He also put up 47 penalty minutes and was involved in a couple of incidents with controversial hits that led to suspensions. Those combined with a mid-season pause due to Covid-19 led to his season being a bit stop and start with long breaks. Despite that, he continued to produce whenever he was on the ice.

The third overall pick in the 2019 QMJHL Draft, L’Heureux had a solid rookie season with the Moncton Wildcats in 2019-20. He led all QMJHL Rookies in points and was named to the QMJHL All-Rookie Team. L’Heureux scored 20 goals and 33 assists for 53 points in 55 games. He also played for Team Canada Black at the Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. L’Heureux put up three assists in five tournament games.

In 2018-19 L’Heureux scored two goals and six assists for eight points at the Quebec Gold Cup U-16 Tournament. He led Team Quebec Blue to the gold medal.

2021 NHL Draft #26: Zachary L'Heureux Scouting Report

In what was an incredibly weird season throughout the hockey world. Perhaps no league was weirder than the QMJHL who started up in the fall; saw some divisions play while others were shut down; eventually saw the entire league shut down; and then played some games in the spring. One of many prospects affected by this was Rimouski Oceanic centre, Zachary Bolduc. He played just 27 games, scoring 10 goals and 29 points on the season. However, he could not complete his campaign as a lower-body injury in late March took him out.

Bolduc, the 14th overall pick in the 2019 QMJHL Draft, originally considered skipping the CHL and going the USHL/NCAA route. However, after just two games with Sioux City in 2019, he left the USHL and joined Rimouski. Bolduc scored 30 goals and 22 assists for 52 points in 55 games in 2019-20. He led all rookies in goals and took home honours as QMJHL Rookie of the Year, Offensive Rookie of the Year, and being named to the All-Rookie Team. He also played in five games with two goals and five points for Team Canada Red at the Under-17 World Hockey Challenge.

2021 NHL Draft #27: Zachary Bolduc Scouting Report

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Owen Power, Luke Hughes and Aidan Hreschuk are notable defensemen playing in the NCAA or USHL this season. Another name that needs more recognition is Sean Behrens. The left-handed, undersized defenseman deserves more recognition for what he has provided his teams this season. Here is what he can bring to the table for whichever team elects to draft him in July.

Behrens, born March 31st, 2003, is a left-handed defenseman, as mentioned earlier. Standing at 5’10” and 176 pounds, the Barrington, IL native has been ranked all over draft boards. He’s been ranked as early as 22nd by Elite Prospects and as late as 57th by Bob McKenzie. Meanwhile, I have Behrens ranked 23rd in the 2021 draft class. Despite his notable smaller stature, Behrens found success in the USHL, scoring four goals and adding 14 assists for 18 points in 23 games with the USNTDP. In the U18 World Juniors with Team USA, who shockingly didn’t medal, Behrens recorded four points in five games.

Sean Behrens Prospect Deep Dive - Last Word On Hockey

With the OHL season continuously delayed and then never even starting Flint Firebirds forward and 2021 NHL Draft Prospect Brennan Othmann went to Switzerland. He was loaned to EHC Olten in the Swiss League. Playing against men in the second division of the Swiss League, Othmann put up seven goals and nine assists for 16 points in 34 games. He also added a goal and an assist in four playoff games. Following the conclusion of the Swiss season, Othmann joined Team Canada for the IIHF Under-20 World Championships. In seven tournament games, he scored three goals and three assists. Othmann came home from Texas with a gold medal.

The second overall pick in the 2019 OHL Draft, Othmann had a strong rookie season for the Firebirds in 2019-20. He scored 17 goals and 16 assists for 33 points in 55 games. Othmann was named to the OHL All-Rookie Team. He also played for Team Canada Black at the Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. Othmann scored three goals and three assists for six points in five tournament games. In 2019, he led the Don Mills Flyers to the OHL Cup with 14 points in seven games.

2021 NHL Draft #28 - Brennan Othmann Scouting Report

Swedish winger Simon Robertsson had a strong season in the Skelleftea system, proving that he is one to watch for the 2021 NHL Draft. Robertsson played 22 games with the SHL club, but limited ice time led to him only putting up one goal and one assist. However, he dominated in the Under-20 league. Robertsson put up nine goals and 11 assists for 20 points in 15 games. This led the North Division in points. He also was loaned out to lower league squad Pitea HC, where he put up two goals and an assist for three points in seven games. He also added three assists in five playoff games.

Robertsson joined the Swedish team at the IIHF Under-2o World Championships. He put up three goals and an assist for four points in seven games. He helped the team to a bronze medal.

2021 NHL Draft #29: Simon Robertsson Scouting Report

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I saw a good bit of them early on in the season and then not much after. When I did Farrell had the 2 '21 prospects on his line. Farrell was the best player on the line as he was skilled and smart but also had some jam surprisingly as he looks like he's 12. Then Samoskevich got injured and Farrell got new linemates. Coronato then went on a tear in what was their 2nd line if you can believe it. So did he take off because Farrell's line got more attention being the top line, either way that team was totally stacked so it is tough to say.

I am looking forward to watching both of them at Harvard in the fall.

Butto has Corronato at 11 overall, but on his elite prospects page, different rankings have him anywhere from 9th overall to early 2nd round.

Button and tsn are pretty connected to insiders, so it seems he won't be on our wheelhouse come draft day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->