MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
upload_2021-7-24_18-7-33.png

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I wonder who Madden was alluding when he mentioned that he wanted to trade up for a similar profile player to Sasha…. The only North American goal scorer I think I see is Stankoven but Murray hates shorties.

Guessing Robertsson from Sweden who was taken by the Blues a few picks later. Both players were projected to go much higher.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Guessing Robertsson from Sweden who was taken by the Blues a few picks later. Both players were projected to go much higher.

Oh I thought he wanted to trade up to get someone who got picked earlier… but they had 2 options of the same profile anyhow when they picked so he felt fortunate.

Sasha looks like he’s got a better shot and hands, but the Robertson kid has some wheels.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
View attachment 456005
So what grade would you give for the Ducks draft?

I'd probably give Madden an "A" for two reasons:
1. The top 3 picks each have top 6F or top 4D written all over them if they continue to develop as the Ducks expect they will. They also each possess a skillset that didn't exist in the prospect pool before this weekend.
2. It felt like Madden got the players he wanted in each round. In past years I've felt that certain players the Ducks wanted were taken right before they picked. This year it felt like everything fell their way. That's huge to me.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Incredible! Makes you wonder if this dude wasn't on board to begin with.
For his sake I hope so. I'd like to say I can't fathom Bergevin being that much of a callous asshole, but he did leverage whatever goodwill that cup run built into taking a sex offender on a national telecast, so whatever. He is.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Most surprising, not a single Eurpean player this year. Somehow I feel sad for it.

Doesn't Swiss born and 2021 Olten player McTavish count? heh. He was one of many European players that went to Plano, TX to participate in the WJC-18. It just so happens McTavish plays for team Canada.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Damn raty has 4 goal game right after being drafted… I feel like he’s going to end up a pretty good player for the isles

It's a lazy comp admittedly, but I feel the same way about Raty that I felt about us picking Comtois. Don't know if he has Comtois' ceiling, but I think he'll find his way as a 20-goal a season middle-six forward.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
It's a lazy comp admittedly, but I feel the same way about Raty that I felt about us picking Comtois. Don't know if he has Comtois' ceiling, but I think he'll find his way as a 20-goal a season middle-six forward.

It was a surpeise to me that he fell that much. Likey you said, similar to Max. But I can not complain about the Zellweger selection. Super young and if he gets to 6'0 very interesting.

I personally think we got the steal of the draft at 66.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad