Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Hoping we continue the tend of having an additional 1st round pick.
Agreed can never have too much young talent, Olausson could be a good target or maybe Lucius or Lambos drop like some mock drafts have suggested

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
2021 NHL Mock Draft & Simulator | Tankathon
0.o this is crazy, click the sim lottery button til Ducks are at #5 and if the Ducks get #5 they have them picking goalie Wallstedt
Ducks would not pick a Goalie at #5 and is Wallstedt even that highly touted to go top 5 over Clarke and Johnson ????

Maybe the Predators would pick Wallstedt at #7 because their current heir to Rinne, Saros is an undersized 5'10 guy who sucks.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
0.o this is crazy, click the sim lottery button til Ducks are at #5 and if the Ducks get #5 they have them picking goalie Wallstedt
Ducks would not pick a Goalie at #5 and is Wallstedt even that highly touted to go top 5 over Clarke and Johnson ????

Maybe the Predators would pick Wallstedt at #7 because their current heir to Rinne, Saros is an undersized 5'10 guy who sucks.
It's not really a mock draft. Tankathon simply aligns the teams with their most recent draft ranking list, wherever they get it from.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland

That's not a mock draft so don't worry about it. Preds took Askarov last fall, doubt they would take another star goalie prospect. Also, Saros has had fine seasons before and is just 25 years old. Undersized for sure, but no reason why he can't develop or at least be a fine backup.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
That's not a mock draft so don't worry about it. Preds took Askarov last fall, doubt they would take another star goalie prospect. Also, Saros has had fine seasons before and is just 25 years old. Undersized for sure, but no reason why he can't develop or at least be a fine backup.
ooo i had forgotten they were the ones that picked Askarov. Oh my i can already picture Askarov on the Avs shutting out the Ducks in a few years from now just as the Ducks are starting to get better and he faces 40 shots.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I really like what I am seeing from Luke Hughes. His skating along with the size and shot is really appealing.

Another thing to keep in mind, he is 6 months younger then the next youngest player being discussed for the top 10. If he was born a couple days later he would be a 2022.
He is almost a full year younger the Power, Johnson, and Eklund.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I really like what I am seeing from Luke Hughes. His skating along with the size and shot is really appealing.

Another thing to keep in mind, he is 6 months younger then the next youngest player being discussed for the top 10. If he was born a couple days later he would be a 2022.
Ya honestly grabbing any of those dmen really makes our defense top tier going forward... we def need to figure out a way to get some offensive help tho.... idk that we realistically have a shot at rnh or barkov.

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
Ya honestly grabbing any of those dmen really makes our defense top tier going forward... we def need to figure out a way to get some offensive help tho.... idk that we realistically have a shot at rnh or barkov.
Barkov won’t be a FA until 2022. We have the cap space to land RNH, but does he want to sign with a rebuilding team?

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I would love for us to look to move up in this draft. We don't need any more depth wingers or d. It sucks that we don't have as much to scout on this year but if we are confident I'd love to try to go after two top 10 picks.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Barkov won’t be a FA until 2022. We have the cap space to land RNH, but does he want to sign with a rebuilding team?
I want no part of signing Nuge as a UFA. He is very clearly riding McDavids coattails this season, and he is only inflating his price. I don’t think he’s too much better than last year’s version of Henrique.

Last edited:

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

BPA as always.
Especially with the current Ducks where you could make an argument for a need at every position with that 1st (except goalie because f*** that).

Reactions: Vipers31

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I would love for us to look to move up in this draft. We don't need any more depth wingers or d. It sucks that we don't have as much to scout on this year but if we are confident I'd love to try to go after two top 10 picks.

I would rather not move up this year where scouting is so wonky.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Yeah the age is really intriguing with Hughes, along him being a PPG player as a defenseman :laugh:
He might have some extra growth spurt in him (in size and his play).

But I heard something about possibility of making the 2021 draft taking place in 2022 together with that year's draft or something like that. Apparently teams have raised the same concerns the fans have been talking about – there's serious lack of scouting possible.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Recent rankings. Holy moly what a tough first round, no consensus at all.

NameEliteprospectsFCHockeyMcKeen'sDraft Prospects HockeyPuck Authority Smaht ScoutingTSN/Bob McKenzie
RankingJanuaryWinterFebruaryWinterJanuary Winter December
#1EklundHughesBeniersClarkePower Beniers Power
#2ClarkeWallstedtPowerHughesClarke Eklund Edvinsson
#3BeniersPowerHughesPowerLambos Hughes Guenther
#4PowerEdvinssonWallstedtJohnsonEklund Edvinsson Beniers
#5WallstedtEklundEdvinssonBeniersHughes Lysell Clarke
#6PinelliClarkeClarkeEdvinssonJohnson Power Eklund
#7JohnsonBeniersGuentherEklundRäty Clarke Johnson
#8HughesJohnsonLysellWallstedtBeniers Wallstedt Räty
#9LysellGuentherRätyLambosEdvinsson Räty McTavish
#10RätyLysellEklundGuentherWallstedt JohnsonHughes
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think Hughes at 1 overall is where I’m at right now after watching him. Haven’t seen a ton of Lambos and Clarke. I fear Power is that dude that’s a pretty good player but gets thrown into 1st overall conversation because he’s 6’5 and people think Victor Hedman when they look at him. I could easily be wrong about that though

Reactions: Vinegar Strokes

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Observations of the table posted above:

• Power, Clarke, Hughes, Eklund, Beniers were the only prospects who made all top-10 lists.
  • Power was not ranked lower than 6th overall.
  • Johnson and especially Lambos seem to have fallen in the rankings. Räty has been falling for a while now.
  • Goalie Wallstedt has climbed up in rankings. FCHockey has him 2nd overall.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Recent rankings. Holy moly what a tough first round, no consensus at all.

NameEliteprospectsFCHockeyMcKeen'sDraft Prospects HockeyPuck Authority Smaht ScoutingTSN/Bob McKenzie
RankingJanuaryWinterFebruaryWinterJanuary Winter December
#1EklundHughesBeniersClarkePower Beniers Power
#2ClarkeWallstedtPowerHughesClarke Eklund Edvinsson
#3BeniersPowerHughesPowerLambos Hughes Guenther
#4PowerEdvinssonWallstedtJohnsonEklund Edvinsson Beniers
#5WallstedtEklundEdvinssonBeniersHughes Lysell Clarke
#6PinelliClarkeClarkeEdvinssonJohnson Power Eklund
#7JohnsonBeniersGuentherEklundRäty Clarke Johnson
#8HughesJohnsonLysellWallstedtBeniers Wallstedt Räty
#9LysellGuentherRätyLambosEdvinsson Räty McTavish
#10RätyLysellEklundGuentherWallstedt JohnsonHughes
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Shit that is crazy

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
If you want pure skill then go lysell. Highest potential of any of the forwards.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I don't get the Power love.
When I compare him to Hughes I have Hughes better in every way except size, and Hughes is not small at 6'2. He is skinny, but at 17 and a half years old you have to assume he will gain 20 lbs before he gets to the NHL.
Power seems to me like the guy that is okay at everything but has the "What if" factor because of his size. I kinda don't even get the love for his size either. It is 2021. Look at the good young defensemen in the league right now. They are not big and imposing. Theodore is probably the biggest and he is 6'2 195.

Pass on Power. Let someone else take the gamble on him being Hedman.

Edit: I see Erik Johnson more then Hedman.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalv

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I think Hughes at 1 overall is where I’m at right now after watching him. Haven’t seen a ton of Lambos and Clarke. I fear Power is that dude that’s a pretty good player but gets thrown into 1st overall conversation because he’s 6’5 and people think Victor Hedman when they look at him. I could easily be wrong about that though

I'm also leaning towards Hughes as being #1... Power reminds me of Erik Johnson and Colton Parayko... good top 4 but not elite. Both have physical advantages but neither play very physical. Hughes is so young and more dynamic in skill and skating.... he could quickly reach another level by next year. The Ducks should draft Luke and hire his mom to develop our prospects haha. Such great parents... how do you develop three kids to be all amazing skaters, skill, and hockey IQ... crazy...

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
If you want pure skill then go lysell. Highest potential of any of the forwards.
I'd say Beniers has more potential. I can see Lysell as a solid top 6 30 goal winger but nothing more. I'd even take Eklund over him

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I'm also leaning towards Hughes as being #1... Power reminds me of Erik Johnson and Colton Parayko... good top 4 but not elite. Both have physical advantages but neither play very physical. Hughes is so young and more dynamic in skill and skating.... he could quickly reach another level by next year. The Ducks should draft Luke and hire his mom to develop our prospects haha. Such great parents... how do you develop three kids to be all amazing skaters, skill, and hockey IQ... crazy...
The hockey IQ is really something that stands out with each of them. You can tell in interviews that they are pretty sharp as well. Quinn Hughes is a genius in the offensive zone, he's just in complete command. Haven't seen a dman in total control like that since Karlsson when he was going strong in Ottawa.

Reactions: cheesymc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad