Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Depending on how long it takes and what the makeup of the team is, you add Lindholm to that and you either have one incredible pair with Lindholm/Drysdale and another (hopefully) #1 D on the other pair or you split the three up and never have a weak point to attack (assuming the other 3 d-men are decent).

But isn't it looking like the Ducks won't be drafting as high this season? They are barely bottom 10 (by points %) and the team has started looking better as of late. It is possible that they draft in the 11-14 spot. Will any of these players be available there or we banking on a losing streak/lottery win?
The ducks (or rather Gibby) have over performed, they will be picking top 8 no doubt, imo. We have a 1.88 goals for average last year the lowest at any point was Detroit with 2.06, and now Lindholm may be out for a bit, it’s only downhill from here somehow

Reactions: Trojans86

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I know the scoring concern with beniers but I think he would be a perfect player to play with Zegras. He is like a Point lite he gets the puck for his linemates. Put a sniper with them and it would be sick.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
I'd take Beniers over Johnson. Johnson is the knockoff version of Zegras. Beniers is gonna be a 65-70 point two way beast C

GunnarStahl

Oct 13, 2020
The guy who ran the Draft Dynasty YouTube channel last year, Yannick St-Pierre, quietly got hired by the Habs to be a Video Scout. He's also listed in Montreal's staff directory.

Really sucks for us fans, his videos were top notch. Cheers to him for his new opportunity.
That explains the lack of content, it’s a shame considering how important video scouting will be this year and his videos were one of the few sources of that

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
The ducks (or rather Gibby) have over performed, they will be picking top 8 no doubt, imo. We have a 1.88 goals for average last year the lowest at any point was Detroit with 2.06, and now Lindholm may be out for a bit, it’s only downhill from here somehow

Yeah, as I said I'm a bit of a pessimist when it comes to things like this (doesn't get my hopes up for a top draft pick). We'll drop one more spot likely from Seattle getting a top 4 pick and possibly another from a team behind us winning the lottery (depending on the rules).

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I'd take Beniers over Johnson. Johnson is the knockoff version of Zegras. Beniers is gonna be a 65-70 point two way beast C

You say a knockoff Zegras like that is a bad thing.
Berniers lack of offense concerns me. I don’t want another Lundestrom with a top 10 pick.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Berniers lack of offense concerns me. I don’t want another Lundestrom with a top 10 pick.
Don't like that comparison, Beniers is easily the best play driver in the entire draft. I think you are underrating him.

Reactions: Swedenheim

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
The guy who ran the Draft Dynasty YouTube channel last year, Yannick St-Pierre, quietly got hired by the Habs to be a Video Scout. He's also listed in Montreal's staff directory.

Really sucks for us fans, his videos were top notch. Cheers to him for his new opportunity.

Wow! I was wondering if he was going to start posting videos soon given the craziness of the year. I guess that explains it. That must be an absolute dream come true for him. Well deserved imo.

GunnarStahl

Oct 13, 2020
Don't like that comparison, Beniers is easily the best play driver in the entire draft. I think you are underrating him.
Agreed I thought your point comparison was good, it’s important to note that he has been just under a point per game as one of the youngest NCAA players playing in a 3rd or 4th line role, and without special team support. Under all those conditions and he is still producing at a similar rate to Caufield and Turcotte did as freshman

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
By no means is it a bad thing, I'm just saying stylistically he is like Zegras and won't have as large of an impact. Since we already have Zegras, we should look towards different players with different skillsets. Plus I feel that Beniers will be more successful that Johnson. He really impressed me when I watched him. Very intense, up tempo style of play that comes w good defense and a terrific shot that he needs to utilize more. also has amazing playmaking abilities.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
By no means is it a bad thing, I'm just saying stylistically he is like Zegras and won't have as large of an impact. Since we already have Zegras, we should look towards different players with different skillsets. Plus I feel that Beniers will be more successful that Johnson. He really impressed me when I watched him. Very intense, up tempo style of play that comes w good defense and a terrific shot that he needs to utilize more. also has amazing playmaking abilities.
He never gets tired it seems... Beniers might not be an elite goal scorer but he will be the best play driver in the entire draft imo. I think his goal scoring will develop.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
He never gets tired it seems... Beniers might not be an elite goal scorer but he will be the best play driver in the entire draft imo. I think his goal scoring will develop.

I just don’t see that. He has the best motor of all the players I have seen. That’s all I can give him as a standout. I don’t see any creativity.

I’m not saying he won’t be a top 6 player. But I would rather have Johnson or one of the defensemen.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I'd rather have some of the defensemen over beniers for sure. But beniers would be a great fit with Zegras.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA

I haven't seen him play, is Johnson's style like pre draft Zegras (doesn't have or use his shot as much/known as a pure playmaker) or more like Zegras who wanted to prove he can do anything? I've pretty much only watched Zegras at the WJC before the AHL, so he looked completely different between his first and second WJC.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Johnson reminds me of Casey Mittelstadt stylistically. Not saying he will bust at all but that's who he plays like to me.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I haven't seen him play, is Johnson's style like pre draft Zegras (doesn't have or use his shot as much/known as a pure playmaker) or more like Zegras who wanted to prove he can do anything? I've pretty much only watched Zegras at the WJC before the AHL, so he looked completely different between his first and second WJC.

Pre draft Zegras.
Playmaker, not exceptionally good skater, not a fantastic shot.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017

Not snark, just curious: if you say that you think Kent Johnson is the knockoff version of Zegras and Beniers has 65-70 point upside, do you think that Zegras has the potential to be a PPG player in the league or are you just emphasizing the contrast in playing style?

Guess I should point out that I actually do like Johnson better, but it’s close. Thought Beniers showed really well at the World Juniors

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Not snark, just curious: if you say that you think Kent Johnson is the knockoff version of Zegras and Beniers has 65-70 point upside, do you think that Zegras has the potential to be a PPG player in the league or are you just emphasizing the contrast in playing style?

Guess I should point out that I actually do like Johnson better, but it’s close. Thought Beniers showed really well at the World Juniors
I said 65-70 point potential for Beniers becsuse I feel that’s his upside, I used the term “knock off zegras” because I feel he has a similar playing style, but not as large as an impact. I believe Johnson will be a 45-50 point player . I could very well see Zegras being a PPG player in his prime if he is surrounded around the right players. I feel Johnson, a similar player in regards to style of play, won’t benefit Zegras as much as Beniers, who I believe has more potential and a better overall player with a playing style that will translate better than Johnson’s. A lot of players bust that try to play like how Zegras does. Zegras just has an innate ability to pull of those crazy , creative, silky moves in game. I feel Johnson won’t be able to do that, however , he will still be a serviceable top 6 fwd that can produce just not nearly to the extent that Beniers or Zegras will.

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
How do you guys feel about Guenther and Eklund? Lots of talk about Beniers vs Johnson, but the other 2 forwards will absolutely be in play for us with our top 10 pick.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
How do you guys feel about Guenther and Eklund? Lots of talk about Beniers vs Johnson, but the other 2 forwards will absolutely be in play for us with our top 10 pick.

I like Eklund. I think he could be the best forward out of this draft if all things align.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

I haven't seen nearly as much of them as I have the 2 Michigan boys. Not enough to have an opinion.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Literally the only thing getting me through this season is thinking that in about 5 months from now we'll be able to say we have an elite trio of Zegras, Drysdale, and Power/Clarke/Hughes/Beniers/Johnson/Edvinsson/Lambos/Eklund/Guenther lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad