Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
Who are you fellas feeling we should get for our 2nd rounder ? I’m feeling really confident that madden and co can get a steal. It helps that this year they kinda got screwed by rona

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Who are you fellas feeling we should get for our 2nd rounder ? I’m feeling really confident that madden and co can get a steal. It helps that this year they kinda got screwed by rona
I have my fingers crossed that Olausson falls a bit

Dick Steel

May 11, 2019
Finland

Difficult to say, but if Logan Stankoven is available 2nd round #34.? No brainer... Stankoven gona be a steal. He propaply goes late first round. Chibrikov is biggest steal in this draft outside top 10. Or even top 20. Svechkov is top 20 pick too. Those 3 are a the biggest steal out side first round...One of them gona fall second round.

Last edited:

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
He is so good that he is the only member of his team wearing a white helmet so that the other team can spot him and defend him better when ever he is on the ice

Some players have that ability to make the game look like it's in slow motion

I love that these two hockey quotes are so generic that they can stay up in a draft thread out of context even if people have no idea what led to it lmao.

Rankings are kind of all over the place as well, not really a consensus anymore for anyone after the top 8. Carson Lambos would be my obvious call if enough teams are scared off by his medical that he falls out of the first round, which I think is highly unlikely. Someone already brought up Logan Stankoven, which is a good shout. I personally love both Scott Morrow and Mackie Samoskevich if they slip. And I think there's a possibility that Ryder Korczak is there, too (ex-linemate of Brayden Tracey in Moose Jaw, had excellent chemistry with him last year before COVID hit)

Oct 18, 2011
Why are you confident? They passed on a bunch of good players for Brayden Tracey. Everyone had Hoglander rated higher and that seems like a big miss to this point

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Why are you confident? They passed on a bunch of good players for Brayden Tracey. Everyone had Hoglander rated higher and that seems like a big miss to this point
Its looking like the Badini over Batherson again.
Tracey + Badini = 1 AHL point this year.
Meanwhile Shane Pinto has 7 points in 12 NHL games and Hoglander with about half a point a game rookie year in Vancouver.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
I think I have narrowed down my top 4 in no particular order to Beniers Eklund Edvinsson Power

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I'd be surprised if the Ducks don't have Power at #1, especially after hearing McKenzie say 10/10 scouts have him there.

I have no issue with Power as I think he at the very least grows into a Parayko level defender. Still prefer Beniers though, just think they need his skillset more.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
They could really use Powers or Hughes if they end up having to move on from Lindholm and trade him,
in the short term they have Fleury/Drysdale & Fowler/Manson to hold down the top4 while waiting for Hughes/Power to develop.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
The good thing about being as bad as they were this year is that the Ducks will pick in the top four. The bad thing about this year is that there is no real identifiable superstar in the draft. The Ducks should get a first line forward or first pairing defenseman out of the draft, and that is not bad. It is just that a Connor McDavid would be a lot better.

The question is do the Ducks go for forwards or defense. There is probably a choice of four of each, depending upon how the Ducks rank players. I suspect, since BM always feels that you can never have too many defensemen, that there will be a tendency to lean towards a defenseman.

Since there is no clear superstar we are probably looking out at least three years before these draftees are in the NHL. That is one reason that you look for the best player available, since it is hard to predict who will be on the Ducks 3 - 6 years from now, and what holes the team will have in those years. We do want a player that we anticipate will be a very high performer for the Ducks for many years when we draft in this position.

I would pick Power if the Ducks picked first, since that gives them something that they really miss right now, which is a big physical defenseman who can play the game well. Drysdale is going to be great, but he is a little undersized. It would be good to pair him with a large, mobile physical presence. If Power is gone I would tend to go to Beniers or Gunther as the best forwards in the draft. If all three are gone I probably go back to a choice of the remaining defensemen, with a slight preference for Clarke since he is right handed. That would give the Ducks a strong 1 - 2 punch on the right side, and if Manson is still with the Ducks a strong right side on every pairing.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I'd be surprised if the Ducks don't have Power at #1, especially after hearing McKenzie say 10/10 scouts have him there.

I have no issue with Power as I think he at the very least grows into a Parayko level defender. Still prefer Beniers though, just think they need his skillset more.

On top of his skillset, I think he is the least likely to be screwed up with mismanagement (who knows what will happen with change of leadership over the next few years). Everything I've read on him seem to scream the same thing that Zegras and Drysdale have mentally... that desire to succeed no matter what. That could be a great leadership group in 4-5 years too.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary

Agreed completely

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I don’t think management will pass up an opportunity to secure what they may see as a future 1st pairing on D - Power/Drysdale. I think if he’s available they take him.
I bet Murray does a little dance on the way to announce the Ducks pick Power, no way he passes on Power.
What is Power's slapshot like ? I get the feeling Murray has long coveted a young Giant Dman who has a powerful slap shot.

Edit: just read that Power has a good slapshot but could further improve it as he's developing.
Having a good cannon on the blueline is a nice option to have to make the team less predictable in the future of scoring being mostly Zegras to Comtois, Terry to Henrique etc

Last edited:

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I bet Murray does a little dance on the way to announce the Ducks pick Power, no way he passes on Power.
What is Power's slapshot like ? I get the feeling Murray has long coveted a young Giant Dman who has a powerful slap shot.

Edit: just read that Power has a good slapshot but could further improve it as he's developing.
Having a good cannon on the blueline is a nice option to have to make the team less predictable in the future of scoring being mostly Zegras to Comtois, Terry to Henrique etc
It does seem like a match made in Heaven. I think Murray values size on the backend a great deal. It'll be interesting to see how these guys pan out in a few years. As much as it's important to have Power's size on D, the Ducks need offense there too. I hope that aspect is included in their analysis of Power. I'm abstaining on whether I think they should take him, just think it's critical that they consider the offense issue.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
It does seem like a match made in Heaven. I think Murray values size on the backend a great deal. It'll be interesting to see how these guys pan out in a few years. As much as it's important to have Power's size on D, the Ducks need offense there too. I hope that aspect is included in their analysis of Power. I'm abstaining on whether I think they should take him, just think it's critical that they consider the offense issue.
Hoping they see potential in him to further develop his slapshot and overall offensive game.
I would be very happy if he becomes Shea Weber-ish.

Reactions: Mr Rogers
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

Why do you think that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->