2021 NHL Draft

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Lots of obvious players that are going to have a great chance at being picked but who could be the next Jack Quinn (32P to 89P) or Tyson Foerester (23P to 80P) ??

I think we can all agree that no one had them ranked as high as they went in the Draft at the start of last year’s OHL season.

Who do you have and why?

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Lots of obvious players that are going to have a great chance at being picked but who could be the next Jack Quinn (32P to 89P) or Tyson Foerester (23P to 80P) ??

I think we can all agree that no one had them ranked as high as they went in the Draft at the start of last year’s OHL season.

Who do you have and why?

Danny Zhilkin should have a big point increase. Only 15 last year but will get a much bigger role next year. Same goes for Braeden Kressler

Reactions: SarniaStingFan

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
I think Winterton in Hamilton will play a much bigger role and could have breakout season. Good size, hands and speed combo

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
For the Fronts I think there's a chance Arcuri takes a big leap forward - he's got all the skill, he just needs to put it together. If they can pair him up with some solid linemates I like his chances to put up close to PPG.

Reactions: sirius67fan

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
For the Fronts I think there's a chance Arcuri takes a big leap forward - he's got all the skill, he just needs to put it together. If they can pair him up with some solid linemates I like his chances to put up close to PPG.
Beat me to it. Was also gonna comment on him. Was impressed by him when we played the fronts. Big kid who skates well and on a good upcoming team. He could pop this year.

Reactions: Hockey Stick

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
For my 67's the one to watch is Sirizzotti. By all accounts had a stellar year in tier 2. Also he had two short stints with the 67's one early in the year and one later. He looked like a different player on his second stint, looked the part as a potential very good OHLer. With all our graduating players he should also get quality icetime.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Ty Voit for Sarnia. Super elusive and fantastic vison. He had 28pts in his first season as a rookie. He is noticeably smaller but he seems to be working out a ton this off season and packing on muscle. He will likely be setting up guys like Perreault and Rees this season who clearly know how to finish. Wouldn't be surprised to see him jump to a 70+ point season.

Reactions: OSA

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Stuart Rolofs with the Knights. We see it every year with them. With Foudy, Gruden, Guskov, Willms and potentially McMichael out, there are going to be minutes up for grabs.

Reactions: Saggy

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
If Windsor's Wyatt Johnston can build off his second half in 2019-20, I can certainly see him jump from 30 points into 50-60 range. With Boka and Purboo (and maybe Playfair) graduating, ice time will be up for grabs and Johnston was really good before the season ended.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
From our squad I see both Bloom and Codd having solid years. If one cracks the top 6 then I could see a 40+ point year. Money is on Bloom as he plays both LW and RW plus may be the fastest skater on team but Codd is only baby steps behind so he could surprise. Forgetting points, Mancininis a kick in my mind for 2021 Draft.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
That was supposed to finish “Mancini is a lock for the 2021 Draft”

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

Who do you have and why?

There is one person that I know who is well respected on this board that pegged Jack Quinn as a first round NHL pick when he was 16 playing in Tier II. Kudos to ETA2000!

Reactions: sirius67fan

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
A few who jump out for me:
Brett Harrison in Oshawa- looked like a beast for a 16 year old in my viewings of him and I haven't seen him on any 2021 1st round rankings yet;
Stuart Rolofs in London- classic Knights development path with great size/speed combo;
Logan Mailloux in London- had a very big year in Tier 2 and has very good size on D;

I am a 67's homer and happy to admit it- I could see Jack Matier making a big leap and was very impressed with both Teddy Sawyer and Brenden Sirizzotti but to predict any of them in the first round at this point would be quite a reach. One darkhorse is the team's import pick- Vsevolod Gaidamak ( Vsevolod Gaidamak at eliteprospects.com ). The team has a high end projection on him.

The OHL had a MONSTER high end 2020 draft, with 5 of the top 10 picks coming from the league. From what I've seen, it will be hard to repeat that in either of the next two cycles, if ever again.

Reactions: OHLoutsider2020

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
If we ever get a season going, I think we will see a lot of the 02s that went undrafted spill into this year's rankings. I'm still shocked at how many really good players didn't get their names called, especially James Hardie and Ethan Cardwell. Other names I'd watch for to breakout from the 02s include Reid Valade, Oliver Suni, Lleyton Moore, Cameron Butler among others

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
A few who jump out for me:
Brett Harrison in Oshawa- looked like a beast for a 16 year old in my viewings of him and I haven't seen him on any 2021 1st round rankings yet;
Stuart Rolofs in London- classic Knights development path with great size/speed combo;
Logan Mailloux in London- had a very big year in Tier 2 and has very good size on D;

I am a 67's homer and happy to admit it- I could see Jack Matier making a big leap and was very impressed with both Teddy Sawyer and Brenden Sirizzotti but to predict any of them in the first round at this point would be quite a reach. One darkhorse is the team's import pick- Vsevolod Gaidamak ( Vsevolod Gaidamak at eliteprospects.com ). The team has a high end projection on him.

The OHL had a MONSTER high end 2020 draft, with 5 of the top 10 picks coming from the league. From what I've seen, it will be hard to repeat that in either of the next two cycles, if ever again.

Be 'Quite a reach 'to see Sawyer in first round indeed as he is late-birthday and not eligible until '22. Watch out for him then though...potential early-rounder

03HockeyFan

Mar 5, 2019
Some good perspective shared here. Too bad about the parents chiming in to pump up their kids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad