Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft Thread Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This is potentially a year where a high end talent slips some due to the covid year.

Goes the other way too. Players that shouldnt be drafted high will be. Im guessing we are more likely to fall victim to that.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Anyone get in any viewings of Scott Morrow this season? I’ve heard great things. The quality of competition he’s facing is bad (USHS) but I hear the tools he possesses are tremendous.
Haven’t seen him play, but I’ve read some glowing reviews. I don’t think he’s a fit for AV though. One thing said about Morrow is “He’s very aggressive defensively around the blue line. It would be a mistake to change his style of play, rather just pair him with someone who falls back to the net as he takes chances”.

That sounds like AVs doghouse - Ghost and Myers fill that role as well. Good young RHD shot with size, but I’ve seen his comparable listed as Tyson Barrie across multiple scouting sites.

Don’t think that’s what Fletcher is looking for given what we have.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Haven’t seen him play, but I’ve read some glowing reviews. I don’t think he’s a fit for AV though. One thing said about Morrow is “He’s very aggressive defensively around the blue line. It would be a mistake to change his style of play, rather just pair him with someone who falls back to the net as he takes chances”.

That sounds like AVs doghouse - Ghost and Myers fill that role as well. Good young RHD shot with size, but I’ve seen his comparable listed as Tyson Barrie across multiple scouting sites.

Don’t think that’s what Fletcher is looking for given what we have.

AV will be gone by the time the 2021 Draft picks are in the NHL.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Even if we draft a great player it wont matter. Farabee hasnt moved the needle despite being near PPG.
They need someone better than Farabee at center or defense. In other word another Giroux or something they have never drafted, a true star #1 defenseman.

In a year where teams will be essential throwing darts, more so than usual, this could be draft they do it. Of course, Fletcher will move the 1st round pick in a trade but at least there is hope now.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They need someone better than Farabee at center or defense. In other word another Giroux or something they have never drafted, a true star #1 defenseman.

In a year where teams will be essential throwing darts, more so than usual, this could be draft they do it. Of course, Fletcher will move the 1st round pick in a trade but at least there is hope now.

Its not even a good draft. No hope my friend.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Its not even a good draft. No hope my friend.
The Flyers right now are picking 14th based on point percentage and Arizona losing its first round pick. I don’t think it’s out of the question with the way they are playing they could be picking in the top 10. They should get a very good player.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The Flyers right now are picking 14th based on point percentage and Arizona losing its first round pick. I don’t think it’s out of the question with the way they are playing they could be picking in the top 10. They should get a very good player.

Just because they're headed towards a top 10 pick it doesn't mean they'll:

A) Draft a very good player

-and-

B) That player will move the needle

Sanheim, Provorov, Konecny, Patrick, Farabee

None of these players have moved the needle apparently.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
Anyone have any thoughts on any of the forwards slated to go in the 10-20 range (Guenther, Lucius, Sillinger, Raty, Olausson)?
Funny you should ask as Guenther moved up to Pronman’s number 1. I know it is Pronman, but Guenther looks really good, total package good, but a RWer. Lucius would be an excellent get, a goal scoring center, lots of skill, smarts and good wheels. Sillinger is highly skilled, a good shot goal scorer, but skating may be an issue at the NHL level. Olausson is a good skater with size and has played well against men according to reports. I haven’t seen tape on him yet. A couple of DMen are interesting, Clarke and Cuelemans. The way the. Flyers are playing, Power, Hughes and Edvinsson, may be in play, but Brandt and Cuelemans are RHDs. Berniers, Johnson, Eklund and Raty are worth watching too. We should be able to get one of the, names listed here. It’s not a great draft, but those guys can all play.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Not enjoying following the Flyers so going to start looking into this draft more.

Can anyone recommend some good resources?

I found out about that Scouching guy here and he seems pretty good. Any one similar to him people like?

I liked Draft Dynasty on YouTube as well but he was hired by the Canadiens so imagine he's done uploading.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Not enjoying following the Flyers so going to start looking into this draft more.

Can anyone recommend some good resources?

I found out about that Scouching guy here and he seems pretty good. Any one similar to him people like?

I liked Draft Dynasty on YouTube as well but he was hired by the Canadiens so imagine he's done uploading.
I wouldn’t get too excited with there being a very good chance Chuckles is going to move a 1st round pick this offseason.

Reactions: Rebels57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad