Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft Thread Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The latest mock for 2022 has us picking 13th and taking Isaac "Ike" Howard. I think the idea that there will be 12 worse teams than us is extremely optimistic, but I am confident that we will take a Stooge, or the offspring of a Stooge, in this case, Shemp's great-grandson.

2022 Mock Draft

EDIT: ... unless we take James Jimmy Snuggerud. Holy f***.
Cutter Gauthier is a great name!

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
The latest mock for 2022 has us picking 13th and taking Isaac "Ike" Howard. I think the idea that there will be 12 worse teams than us is extremely optimistic, but I am confident that we will take a Stooge, or the offspring of a Stooge, in this case, Shemp's great-grandson.

2022 Mock Draft

EDIT: ... unless we take James Jimmy Snuggerud. Holy f***.
There's another Lucius and his name is Cruz? :laugh:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Chaz seems like such a Chuck pick. Totally vanilla center, Minnesota born and raised dontchaknow, his name is Chaz, and goals goals goals — even if his scoring might not be too projectable. To be somewhat fair to dearest Chuckles, draft day has been his best day of the year as a Flyer. But warm milk only stays warm for so long.....

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Chaz seems like such a Chuck pick. Totally vanilla center, Minnesota born and raised dontchaknow, his name is Chaz, and goals goals goals — even if his scoring might not be too projectable. To be somewhat fair to dearest Chuckles, draft day has been his best day of the year as a Flyer. But warm milk only stays warm for so long.....

We hope. If Caufield ends up being a stud, I'm going to be a little sour...but York and Brink look good as of now, so I hold out hope! :thumbu:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY

Do you really think he's going to be not that good?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Do you really think he's going to be not that good?

I definitely don't dislike him -- I just don't think he pops nearly enough for a player in the 9-13 range. In the 2 games I caught, he seems positionally sound, plays within himself. He's fine; I just want more.

He has a 12 game sample this season shooting 41% on only 2.6 shots/game. Now, at lower levels he's regularly doubled his goals-to-assists too, but is that even a good thing? I'd hope you dominate in the assist department too, especially as a center. Matthews is the best goal scoring center of this generation, and even he compiled assists. Goal scoring is the hardest thing to predict going up levels, and centers who primarily are goal scorers -- creating their own shots -- are unicorns.

Lucius definitely drives the net regularly and you can presume there's some shooting talent too, but Lucius looks average skill-wise, hands and feet. He doesn't appear a puck dominant player, or a transition player, or a playmaker, or stellar along the wall. He's not really creating space; he looked mostly a quick pass, off-puck space floater. So, where does that leave him as a pro?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
That would be really disappointing at 13, but it checks out. He, like Desnoyers, played for John Torchetti (former Wild coach) last year. Button also loves him and "his guys" seem to line up with the Flyers board more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->