Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft Thread Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAVIDE1333

Dec 22, 2019
Whenever I think about a 1OA candidate, I think of a player who is consistently dominant. Power’s dominance shows up at a minuscule level thus far. Early? Yes. Consistent great play just hasn’t been there. I don’t know who in this class is the clear cut #1 but Power ain’t it.
So you're saying this is the year the Flyers pick #1.

Reactions: Adtar02

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Feels like 2012. A lot of pretty good defense options at the top, but lacking the obvious impact talent up front. That year had a consensus #1 (Yakupov) but most acknowledged he wasn't superstar quality.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site

Scouting Report: Anton Olsson - Smaht Scouting

First guy I have written about for Smaht scouting for this draft who might be an option for the Flyers when they pick.

(as Edvinsson, Lysell, Olausson and Wallstedt are all going to be gone by ~10-15.)

Had Olsson at #30 in our combined provisional ranking.

Excellent write up. I especially liked the strategic historic intro and how it led to Olson as a zone entry defender. Nice work.

Reactions: Appleyard

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018

wZP5.gif

@FLYguy3911

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The US Program isn’t playing their normal college schedule (they usually play all the top schools on their college schedule) but Luke Hughes is on pace to break York’s PPG (1.03) in a season which is the single season record for defensemen in the program. He’s currently at 1.13.

Ryan Chesley on the U17 team (2022 draft) is on pace to break it too (1.10).

Both teams have probably played easier schedules than normal (the U17’s avoided a college schedule altogether) & should be less games overall with the USHL games being the somewhat normal for them (the USHL is actually probably a better league this year than normal).

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
If the draft does get moved back then I imagine the Kraken won't be too pleased to enter the league with no prospect pool (not accounting for any potential udfa signings or expansion draft deals, etc.)
That draft wouldn't help their depth for next season since they would mostly be drafting 18 year olds, but it's not ideal as far as building a system. They will have to stock up on College/CHL free agents for next year. I imagine there are a few guys out there that they are desperate to be able to offer a contract to when they are allowed. Vagas made their first signing on March 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->