2021 NHL Draft Thread: Brackett and Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Nikita Chibrikov looked very impressive last night. The winger may be someone to keep an eye on.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm officially all aboard the Frencesco Pinelli train. Lets go get him
Ok, me too. How about Svechkov? I would think that MN has all of a sudden become a little bit more attractive to Russian players, now that we've got Kap.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Also wonder, if C's like Sillinger, Mctavish, Raty, Pinelli, Svechkov are all gone and no big time D prospects whether it might not be wise to delay gratification, call up ARI, and offer them a 2021 1st for their 2022 1st(top 5 protected, which slides into a 2023 unprotected)? I am guessing that ARI is desperate for some prospects NOW...they are not a franchise that can afford to wait and extra year. Getting a shot at Bedard or Michkov would be nice.

Last edited:

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Ok, me too. How about Svechkov? I would think that MN has all of a sudden become a little bit more attractive to Russian players, now that we've got Kap.
I’ve thought Svechkov has looked good in the tournament. Wouldn’t hate him with one of our firsts.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I know we don't need another LW, but Othmann looks pretty impressive. Bigger looking than his listed size. Svechkov isn't flashy, but he looks to be solid, and a good C. Still hope that one Pinelli, or Raty are there to be picked. Stankoven looks good at the U18 level, but perhaps his size will knock him down to late 1st. Salminen...like him, too.

In general, though, i want Guerin to try and stockpile 1st rounders for 2022 and 2023, in the hope of getting lucky in a lottery. Bedard is nuts, as is Michkov and Wright. I think Lambert is playing hurt at the U18's. Either one of the 4 would be very special players.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
I know we don't need another LW, but Othmann looks pretty impressive. Bigger looking than his listed size. Svechkov isn't flashy, but he looks to be solid, and a good C. Still hope that one Pinelli, or Raty are there to be picked. Stankoven looks good at the U18 level, but perhaps his size will knock him down to late 1st. Salminen...like him, too.

In general, though, i want Guerin to try and stockpile 1st rounders for 2022 and 2023, in the hope of getting lucky in a lottery. Bedard is nuts, as is Michkov and Wright. I think Lambert is playing hurt at the U18's. Either one of the 4 would be very special players.

im all aboard the raty train, he could end up being the steal of the draft if he drops far enough like hes been doing, and this season is a fluke (which well could be)

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I'm pumped for this draft. Not sure about the total talent here, but I am very confident that this will be one of the more interesting drafts in the past 20 years due to the fact that it is so underscouted and or overscouted in some areas.

-We could see major post 2nd round steals. We could see some serious re-drafts in three years. It would be really fun to have a bunch of guys in the 4-5th rounds that we go 'wow he should have been drafted top 40'.

I wonder how well connected the Wild are in Russia and Eastern Europe with scouts and friends.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Pronman did a mailbag recently, in his view Beniers is the only sure fire center in the draft, he had the following listed as likely being centers in his view as well: Raty, Sillinger, McTavish, and Pinelli. I think all will be off the board by the time we pick, so Brackett will either need to work some magic or the picks should be available in my opinion.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Since Bjugstad came in under the conditional games played and points scored, the Wild retains this years 7th round pick.

:cheers:

Reactions: TaLoN

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Picks and lesser prospects should have always been in play to navigate expansion, cap and such imo.

I'd die if we somehow moved up for Berniers though. I just have a good feeling about him. *shrug*

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Picks and lesser prospects should have always been in play to navigate expansion, cap and such imo.

I'd die if we somehow moved up for Berniers though. I just have a good feeling about him. *shrug*
Me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->