2021 NHL Draft Thread: Brackett and Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I've been tracking draft rankings and we obviously won't know until Bobfather starts releasing his insight from speaking with teams, but there's going to be quite a few top level players that fall in this draft.
Yeah, but which ones? Must say that I feel good about having Brackett in house to sort it out.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
This is obviously subject to change and we’re due for the usual swoon

PLayers around 22-25 that were taken last year, were Lapierre, Foerster, Zary, Barron, Perrault, Brisson, Greig. I think 2020 was a strong draft, especially for forwards, but Zary, Brisson, and to a lesser extent, Grieg, look like they have a chance to be decent or better middle six players. Barron has all sorts of upside, but don't know if we need to load up anymore on RHD.

Is this year a less strong draft forward wise, or do we simply not know what it is because of the truncated season?

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
PLayers around 22-25 that were taken last year, were Lapierre, Foerster, Zary, Barron, Perrault, Brisson, Greig. I think 2020 was a strong draft, especially for forwards, but Zary, Brisson, and to a lesser extent, Grieg, look like they have a chance to be decent or better middle six players. Barron has all sorts of upside, but don't know if we need to load up anymore on RHD.

Is this year a less strong draft forward wise, or do we simply not know what it is because of the truncated season?
Unless I’m mistaken it has been said plenty that it’s not exactly a poor draft, quite deep really just not the high end talent you see from most other years.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver

One guy that I think is going to be a stud is Carson Lambos. He's ranked as high as #2 on one board and as low as #28 on another. Bob McKenzie has him listed as #17. I pray to god he falls.

Guys like Sasha Patsujov, Matt Samoskevich, Cole Sillinger would be great at that range too.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
One guy that I think is going to be a stud is Carson Lambos. He's ranked as high as #2 on one board and as low as #28 on another. Bob McKenzie has him listed as #17. I pray to god he falls.

Guys like Sasha Patsujov, Matt Samoskevich, Cole Sillinger would be great at that range too.
Just read one mock having Sillinger go at 4. So at least one person thinks quite highly of him

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
how many spots do we have open for D? none really. i can believe judd will work his magic and draft 2 C's one of which will be top 6. if not i may as well give up after 20 years right?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
how many spots do we have open for D? none really. i can believe judd will work his magic and draft 2 C's one of which will be top 6. if not i may as well give up after 20 years right?

Right now, one, potentially three.

On the timeline that these picks would be on, probably more.

Reactions: MuckOG

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
McKenzie’s updated list. Pinelli, Samoskevich, Coranato stand out as guys I’d want with our 1sts. Stankoven, Behrens, Hreschuk are intruiging in the 2nd round

Lambos, Cuelemans, Raty also intruiging, just not sure they’re available when we pick.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
McKenzie’s updated list. Pinelli, Samoskevich, Coranato stand out as guys I’d want with our 1sts. Stankoven, Behrens, Hreschuk are intruiging in the 2nd round

Lambos, Cuelemans, Raty also intruiging, just not sure they’re available when we pick.
I think I’d be fine with stankhoven with our second 1st.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
He’s good. Small though. I’d be interested in that range too
Hey, Judd, any thoughts on the Finnish C's besides Raty such as Salminen, Miettinen, Tuomaala(RW/C), and Helenius? I would think that they would be targets in the 2nd or 3rd rounds rather than late 1sts.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Hey, Judd, any thoughts on the Finnish C's besides Raty such as Salminen, Miettinen, Tuomaala(RW/C), and Helenius? I would think that they would be targets in the 2nd or 3rd rounds rather than late 1sts.
Have never seen any of too much. Helenius is a guy I like in round 2, though. 6’6 center who is playing pro in Finland and holding his own. He had a good WJC but didn’t stand out much to me. Either way, he checks a lot of boxes that make him intruiging.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Salminen is fairly big, too, at 6'2". Seems to be a poor man's Lundell, Maybe a decent choice in the middle rounds? Tuomaala is a smaller guy with skill, but has been playing RW since being called up (U20?).

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Going into the draft, we have 2-1sts, 1- 2nd, 2-3rds and one each in the 4th, 5th, 6th, and maybe 7th rounds....

I wonder what it would take for Guerin to get an extra 2nd round pick so we'll have 2 selections in each of the 1st 3 rounds? I prefer quality over quantity and would love to have 6 picks in the top 96 selections.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I'd love to get more of a big, defensive-defenseman. Everyone is concentrating on offensive-defensemen, but I'd love to get a punishing defenseman on the back end.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'd love to get more of a big, defensive-defenseman. Everyone is concentrating on offensive-defensemen, but I'd love to get a punishing defenseman on the back end.
I think that punishing is going out of style, but a defensive guy with good size would be welcome. That's what ROR is projected to be, and FJo, perhaps. The old Willie Mitchell type defenders are making way for defenders that can really skate. Size is nice for leverage, and coverage, but open ice hits simply don't happen any more. I think that the hope is that ROR, and maybe Hunt/FJo are options as soon as 2022-23. By that time Suter will really be slowing down, and we will need guys who can play defense.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
not that raty will fall into the 20's but i think he is similar to JEE and possible more talented (production wise) so i'd pick him. mid 20's picks pinneli or samoskevich look decent. 2nd rnd i sold on sam helenius 6'6" possible beast. especially if we lose greenway to ED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad