2021 NHL Draft Thread: Brackett and Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziperia

Sep 17, 2020
The name part was ment as a joke.

Nice lists, thanks.

Is Salminen skilled or does he simply rack up almost two points a game on being big?

I didn't take the joke seriously so it is fine. They really have cool names though.

I think Salminen is playing more like skill-based game than relying on his size.

If you want to read him about more, there is an article about him and other Finnish prospects that are eligible for 2021 NHL Draft: 2021 NHL Draft Ranking: Finnish prospects (December 2019)

Last edited:
Reactions: AJ Thelen

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Kent Johnson put up Newhook-esque numbers in his d-1 in the BCHL. I haven’t watched him outside this highlight clip:

That being said, all reports are that he’s one of the most skilled forwards in the draft. I’d say it’s between Johnson, Beniers, Lucius (Grant, Minnesota), and Guenther for most skilled forward, though a lot think Raty is also in that mix. For me, I like the former two the most but I’ve only seen highlights. Between Johnson, Power and Beniers, Michigan could have 3 top 5 picks and that’s absolutely a must-watch team this year. @AKL and I will give that team BC-like priority.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Kent Johnson put up Newhook-esque numbers in his d-1 in the BCHL. I haven’t watched him outside this highlight clip:

That being said, all reports are that he’s one of the most skilled forwards in the draft. I’d say it’s between Johnson, Beniers, Lucius (Grant, Minnesota), and Guenther for most skilled forward, though a lot think Raty is also in that mix. For me, I like the former two the most but I’ve only seen highlights. Between Johnson, Power and Beniers, Michigan could have 3 top 5 picks and that’s absolutely a must-watch team this year. @AKL and I will give that team BC-like priority.

I'm still waiting for Bourgault videos to hit YouTube. But there's going to be a lot of quality forwards in the CHL this year that could go anywhere from top 5 to second round.

Bourgault
L'Heureux
Bolduc
Roy
Dean
Sillinger
Guenther
McTavish

Not really impressed with what I've seen of McTavish so far but it's early.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So, should we just skip to the 2023 draft thread?

2022 is going to be good too. Lambert is already a better prospect than Raty. Then there's Shane Wright who's going to be a force. Matthew Savoie too. Frank Nazar is also pretty fun to watch.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I'm still waiting for Bourgault videos to hit YouTube. But there's going to be a lot of quality forwards in the CHL this year that could go anywhere from top 5 to second round.

Bourgault
L'Heureux
Bolduc
Roy
Dean
Sillinger
Guenther
McTavish

Not really impressed with what I've seen of McTavish so far but it's early.
I did not like McTavish in what I watched. 29 goals last year but not much else

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Michigan will be an interesting watch this year. It’s early but Johnson needs work on his skating.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
@KaprizovSaveUs if this year is a stopgap year, and we have very little committed in the way of actual NHL talent in 2021-22, what are the odds we can get lucky and get one of Wright, Savoie, Lambert?

I'm hoping high but expecting 0.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
@KaprizovSaveUs if this year is a stopgap year, and we have very little committed in the way of actual NHL talent in 2021-22, what are the odds we can get lucky and get one of Wright, Savoie, Lambert?

I'm hoping high but expecting 0.
As long as our defense is in place we’re gonna be about where we are. So, whatever the lottery odds are for finishing 12th from last?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
From what I’ve heard 2022 is going to be way better than 2021

I'm unsure. Still too early to tell. What does seem apparent is that 2022 is going to have more elite talent with Wright, Savoie and Lambert at the top.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Sign me up.
giphy.gif

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Those two kids were named and built (yes built) to build hype and put them in the position they are today. I would want no part in drafting either and feel fairly confident they will not amount to anything in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad