2021 NHL Draft Thread: Brackett and Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Say we get 2 top 10 picks this year in the 5-10 range... Do you think FLA would legit consider an offer if they can’t resign Barkov? (Both picks going to FLA in this situation.) I think we could have a shot then, if they have trouble with extending him. (Not saying it’s likely since the panthers are off to a good start)

Theyd probably want rossi also

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Say we get 2 top 10 picks this year in the 5-10 range... Do you think FLA would legit consider an offer if they can’t resign Barkov? (Both picks going to FLA in this situation.) I think we could have a shot then, if they have trouble with extending him. (Not saying it’s likely since the panthers are off to a good start)

Better question is should we be doing that.

Theyd probably want rossi also
Wait, two top 10 picks this year AND Rossi for a Barkov that's not going to re-sign with them?

If we're going to make a deal like that, especially if we're including Rossi, you're basically hoping you can become the Winnipeg Jets in a couple years. Referring to the pre-Dubois Jets.

Last edited:

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

I don’t make that trade unless I’m very confident I can re-sign Barkov. This team would be setup really nicely long-term if we threw 2 more high-end prospects into the mix.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Dumba, 2021 1st, Rossi? That's a damn nice offer. Dumba would help offset salary, and he would have value to a team like FLA. Would still leave us with a 1st, which we would need to replenish our talent base with ELC's rather than established players down the line.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Better question is should we be doing that.

Wait, two top 10 picks this year AND Rossi for a Barkov that's not going to re-sign with them?

If we're going to make a deal like that, especially if we're including Rossi, you're basically hoping you can become the Winnipeg Jets in a couple years. Referring to the pre-Dubois Jets.

i misread original, was assuming a contract was in place for barkov

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Dumba, 2021 1st, Rossi? That's a damn nice offer. Dumba would help offset salary, and he would have value to a team like FLA. Would still leave us with a 1st, which we would need to replenish our talent base with ELC's rather than established players down the line.

That's a rich offer, with how the 1st look like they could be high. I'd ask for Eetu Luostarinen or Saarela+3rd/4th on Florida's side.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I’d rather do Dumba + both picks and tweak from there. Keep our 2022. Just imagine Barkov and Rossi as a potential 1 and 2...

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
The idea behind this partnership is to make the CHL more accessible to all hockey fans and not just those with a local team, so if anyone has a desire to watch the CHL, pay attention as more details follow

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
With how the 2021 draft is forming, I think Rossi> 2021 9th overall pick. But that's a slight variance to a really solid offer.
I think you are right.

On that note, which Centers available in the 2021 draft do you think are going to be better than Rossi? I would take Beniers over him, I think. Maybe Johnson, too, but is he really going to be a C in the NHL? Anyone else?

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
I think you're right. And the premium on those 2 being in a D heavy draft would lead me to believe they wouldn't have much of a chance at being near 9.

Raty has dropped like a rock. On that not-quite Nick Ebert trajectory.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I think you are right.

On that note, which Centers available in the 2021 draft do you think are going to be better than Rossi? I would take Beniers over him, I think. Maybe Johnson, too, but is he really going to be a C in the NHL? Anyone else?
Beniers over Rossi? I wouldn’t; I see Beniers as maybe the perfect 2C based on his playing style.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I think you're right. And the premium on those 2 being in a D heavy draft would lead me to believe they wouldn't have much of a chance at being near 9.

Raty has dropped like a rock. On that not-quite Nick Ebert trajectory.
I'll admit i don't follow scouting and prospects as much as others do on this board, but isn't there valid concern about Raty?

Reactions: Victorious Secret

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I'll admit i don't follow scouting and prospects as much as others do on this board, but isn't there valid concern about Raty?
Production and hockey sense. I’m not sure how valid the latter is, I’m trying to gauge that currently, but the more obvious skills such as skating, pace, hands, shot, Etc. All point towards a player with number one center potential. Hockey sense is far and away the most important aspect of the game though, so if he’s lacking there, it will be an uphill fight to use all the tools in his toolbox.

Reactions: Victorious Secret

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Production and hockey sense. I’m not sure how valid the latter is, I’m trying to gauge that currently, but the more obvious skills such as skating, pace, hands, shot, Etc. All point towards a player with number one center potential. Hockey sense is far and away the most important aspect of the game though, so if he’s lacking there, it will be an uphill fight to use all the tools in his toolbox.

so basically chucky 2.0?

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
so basically chucky 2.0?
Galchenyuk? Not really. Galchenyuk’s decision making and skating were extremely flawed. With Raty, I don’t see the bad decision making. I could be wrong on my assessment here, but I see a really good toolkit, but a player that doesn’t create a ton for his linemates. I’ve seen him 8 times now, so not an incredible amount, but he hasn’t shown me the ability to make much happen on his own out there.

Here’s a highlight video of his goals in junior. Very skilled.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Galchenyuk? Not really. Galchenyuk’s decision making and skating were extremely flawed. With Raty, I don’t see the bad decision making. I could be wrong on my assessment here, but I see a really good toolkit, but a player that doesn’t create a ton for his linemates. I’ve seen him 8 times now, so not an incredible amount, but he hasn’t shown me the ability to make much happen on his own out there.

Here’s a highlight video of his goals in junior. Very skilled.

ya, galchenyuks knock as i remember was always very skilled, low hockey iq

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not the way i remember it pre draft. Galchenyuk walked on water, basically. It was either him or Yakupov for the best forward Here is a somewhat hilarious(in retrospect) take at the time;

"This kids attitude is incredible.

Everything about him screams "superstar". Incredibly skilled, hardworking, smart, motivated, family history. Most of all, he seems like the most mentally mature prospect in this years draft.

His injury may sound some alarms, but people should be drooling over this kid. I think he 'gets it'."

His problem was that he was injured for most of his draft year, and only got a few games in with his(and Yak's) team before they got knocked out of the playoffs- prematurely, according to the common wisdom at the time. In hindsight, more people should've been paying attention, but it was a messed up draft in general. A LOT of misses in the top 10. Yak, Murray, Galch, Reinhart, Pouliot, Koekkoek- you'd have to be seriously disappointed about drafting any one of those players in the top 10.

Last edited:

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
6’5 defenseman aren’t supposed to skate like this. Simon Edvinsson has been pretty good since finding a permanent role in Alssvensan. A guy that we might be looking at in the first round this year. He’s mocked in the 3-12 range typically.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
6’5 defenseman aren’t supposed to skate like this. Simon Edvinsson has been pretty good since finding a permanent role in Alssvensan. A guy that we might be looking at in the first round this year. He’s mocked in the 3-12 range typically.

Haven't watched any of Edvinsson so far. I still like Hughes a lot. How do you think they compare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad