GDT: 2021 NHL Draft - Round 1 - 7PM Central [ESPN2, SN]

How many times will the Wild pick this evening?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
WOW - Kings fan coming in peace to say you all got AMAZING value where you were shooting from. Have to say the Wild had the best 1st round, especially considering where their spots were.
Coming form a easer head fan that is quite welcome! LA Kings did quite well today as well!

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Just a bitter Oilers fan dropping in to say you guys had one hell of a first Round. Congrats on Wallstadt and Lambos.
Get out of here with your Canadian niceness!
Thanks! You had a shrewd move dropping back, gaining a pick, and still getting the player you wanted

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Get out of here with your Canadian niceness!
Thanks! You had a shrewd move dropping back, gaining a pick, and still getting the player you wanted
After waiting years for a stud goalie and striking out with so many, this feels like another mistake tbh. Hopefully the player proves us all on HFoil wrong like Holloway did lol

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Do you mean the latter two are in the same level, or both are bottom six players? If the latter, can I have what you’re smoking? ;)

Bottom-6ers in the NHL at best. They are all b prospcets.

I don't see the top-line potential that Boldy, Rossi, or Kaprizov has/had to put them at the top of the list.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Yeah, ROR needs to be higher. Kid is still getting underrated around here. He's a good one!
Kaprizov-Eichel
Boldy-Rossi
Beckman-Nuts-Firstov
Khovanov

Lambos-Addison
O’Rourke-
Hunt

Wallstadt

is kinda a vibe as a 24 and under core

Reactions: Lapa

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Happy with our picks, especially after we lost two top 6 defensemen and Lindberg.

We will be a crazy team if (when?) some of our prospects are developed

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
The fact that the Mailloux pick is getting this kind of reaction from fans is actually refreshing.

I remember when Joe Mixon was drafted in the 2nd round of the NFL draft several years ago even though he was caught on film punching out a girl in public. That only dropped him a few picks in the draft and everyone promptly forgot about the incident because he's good at football.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Happy with our picks, especially after we lost two top 6 defensemen and Lindberg.

We will be a crazy team if (when?) some of our prospects are developed
Yeah, for all the smack talk Guerin gets around here, it's become clear that he is delaying instant gratification to build for the long-term, and I like that. Draft well, draft often (just in case you didn't draft well), keep some good veterans so you don't end up losing every game and gaining a losing culture, and finally end up with a consistently good team, full of prospects that can replace veteran guys as they leave for more money. Assuming he doesn't mortgage the future to go after a big fish, the team should be competitive for a long time with this strategy.

People may get mad at him for not tanking for higher position, trading away more vets for more picks, etc., but I personally think staying competitive while building long-term is a better strategy. Some teams have tanked and then battled back out of the losing culture, but some teams have stayed mired in it even with all the skill in the world on their team. Losing as a habit can be a hard thing to turn off. It's like when you haven't worked out in months, and then decide you need to get back in shape. It's hard to flip that switch and work out consistently, but it's a lot easier to do if you've never stopped in the first place.

Now, if he goes out tomorrow and trades Rossi and Boldy for Jack Eichel, I'll be in the boat of "What the heck is his plan!?".

Reactions: Lapa

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
The fact that the Mailloux pick is getting this kind of reaction from fans is actually refreshing.

I remember when Joe Mixon was drafted in the 2nd round of the NFL draft several years ago even though he was caught on film punching out a girl in public. That only dropped him a few picks in the draft and everyone promptly forgot about the incident because he's good at football.
It was forgot about because it came out that she called him the n word. Just like when Kareem hunt “kicked” the girl for doing the same thing when they kicked her out of their room.

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018
It was forgot about because it came out that she called him the n word. Just like when Kareem hunt “kicked” the girl for doing the same thing when they kicked her out of their room.

You don't hit a woman. No excuses No exceptions

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It sounds like he did come close Friday night to packaging the 22nd and 26th picks in an attempt to move into the top 10.
It’s believed the Wild were eyeing University of Michigan center Kent Johnson and Edmonton Oil Kings forward Dylan Guenther

Knowing how it ended up playing out, your thoughts?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So it's confirmed that Lambos had Myocarditis? I never saw it in print anywhere, just rumor. If so, that would explain his uneven season.

Excited to get Wallstedt. The timeline with him lines up perfectly with what we have in net now. Goalie is THE most important position in hockey. If we've nabbed one who has potential to be elite then it's a job well done. I just never thought he'd be available.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Knowing how it ended up playing out, your thoughts?
I doubt Guenther was really considered. Arizona would've been all over that deal if the Wild would've offered it.

Johnson appears to be a real boom/bust guy. Not sure I would be a fan of giving that much for a guy like that. Although, I do see a little Elias Petterson in how he plays :dunno:

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
You don't hit a woman. No excuses No exceptions
I disagree with this. Women aren’t some infallible creatures. There are times and places, just rare. Very rare.

I liked our picks. If you had asked me before if I wanted to pick these two with the picks we had, I probably would have said no, in a perfect world. But with how the draft shapes up, I like these picks rather than going huge boom or bust, or lower skill

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
Have to admit I fell asleep after our pick of Lambos. Woke up the next day to see the Mailloux reactions on youtube, Bettman seething plus Chicago trot out those women. Just Cringe all around. I'm Gonna hate on those two Franchises for a while now. Karma is a B isn't it Disney/ESPN

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's funny, but before the draft I was fine with including both the #21 and #25 in a trade, but now that I know who we got, I am far more reluctant. Wallstadt dropped even more than Rossi and Boldy did, and we were all pretty pumped about them. I really wanted a C prospect, but the more I read about Lambos the more I am excited about him, though his health is a worry. He seems to have top pairing upside, while i can't think of a C prospect available at #25 that has #1C upside.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad