2021 NHL Draft Prospects

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Hmm, outplayed him yet has 2.5 times lower point production? And when exactly is "early"?

There is more to playing the game than points and quite often in youth events the referees/timekeepers do not get the points correct. I would say based on eye test and in my own opinion he has outplayed him.

By "early" I mean over the last couple of years. You can always see which kids get hyped up, often legitimately, but hyped nonetheless. In scouting circles the hype gathers momentum so when one person talks to another, the players name comes up and the momentum grows. This is very common.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Will be interesting to see who pans out here. It's 4 yrs. away so still plenty of time for these guys to grow or a virtual unknown to step up and become #1 in 2021.

blooptoast

Nov 17, 2017
Oleksii Myklukha

I just saw this kid browsing around eliteprospects and he is absolutely demolishing the Slovakian junior leagues at as an underage player.

I don't know anything about the Slovak system and I can find barely any info on him online, so I've done a very rudimentary comparison to the recent Slovakian top forwards prospects (VERY short list) and young NHLers and how they fared in the Slovakia U18 league as D-3 players.

---------------------------------------------------
Marko Dano - 0.69 ppg (2013 27th pick)
Richard Panik - 0.6 ppg (2009 52nd pick)
Tomas Tatar - 0.57 ppg (2009 60th pick)
Peter Cehlarik - 0.29 ppg (2013 90th pick)
Adam Ruzicka - 0.75 ppg (2017 104th pick)
Oleksii Myklukha - 1.9 ppg (2021 eligible)

Yeah...

Now obviously where they ended up getting drafted was dependent on how they did in the years closer to the draft (remember this is 3 years before), but this really shows how insane this guys stats are at this point. Myklukha now has 20g/18a for 38 points in 20 games, and leads the Slovakian U18 league in scoring as a 14 y/o (almost 15). If he continues to improve at this rate, as far as I can tell we're looking at nothing short of a bonafide superstar. If anyone knows any more about this kid I'm interested, as I said I there is pretty much no info or hype online that I can find and I'd like to know if I'm overvaluing his performance so far.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Oleksii Myklukha

I just saw this kid browsing around eliteprospects and he is absolutely demolishing the Slovakian junior leagues at as an underage player.

I don't know anything about the Slovak system and I can find barely any info on him online, so I've done a very rudimentary comparison to the recent Slovakian top forwards prospects (VERY short list) and young NHLers and how they fared in the Slovakia U18 league as D-3 players.

Marko Dano - 0.69 ppg (2013 27th pick)
Richard Panik - 0.6 ppg (2009 52nd pick)
Tomas Tatar - 0.57 ppg (2009 60th pick)
Peter Cehlarik - 0.29 ppg (2013 90th pick)
Adam Ruzicka - 0.75 ppg (2017 104th pick)
Oleksii Myklukha - 1.9 ppg (2021 eligible)

Yeah...

Now obviously where they ended up getting drafted was dependent on how they did in the years closer to the draft (remember this is 3 years before), but this really shows how insane this guys stats are at this point. Myklukha now has 20g/18a for 38 points in 20 games, and leads the Slovakian U18 league in scoring as a 14 y/o (almost 15). If he continues to improve at this rate, as far as I can tell we're looking at nothing short of a bonafide superstar. If anyone knows any more about this kid I'm interested, as I said I there is pretty much no info or hype online that I can find and I'd like to know if I'm overvaluing his performance so far.

I will not say, he couldn't develop to a good player. But i will also say, that our U18 league should be taken as a breaking point in his development. Anyway, his numbers are really good. But as you mentioned, lets wait year or two. Lets see, what a nationality will he take. He is born in Poland, but for now considered as an Ukrainian. Does he also have some Slovak roots? Could be interesting. :)

Reactions: Acadien86

The Exiled One

Sep 1, 2006
State of Hockey
www.dahuskies.com
A handful of college committed kids who are first eligible in 2021...

Dylan Duke - Michigan
Chaz Lucius - Minnesota
Joe Miller - Minnesota
Nick Williams - Minnesota
Matthew Argentina - Notre Dame
Dylan Gratton - Penn State
Trevor Wong - Denver
Red Savage - Miami-Ohio
Peter Reynolds - Boston College
Jason Seidem - Boston College
Jason Marsella - Yale
Kalen Szeto - Yale

Reactions: uncleben

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
A handful of college committed kids who are first eligible in 2021...

Dylan Duke - Michigan
Chaz Lucius - Minnesota
Joe Miller - Minnesota
Nick Williams - Minnesota
Matthew Argentina - Notre Dame
Dylan Gratton - Penn State
Trevor Wong - Denver
Red Savage - Miami-Ohio
Peter Reynolds - Boston College
Jason Seidem - Boston College
Jason Marsella - Yale
Kalen Szeto - Yale

ANOTHER Wong?! How many high scoring Wong's are there in Canada?

PostFriend

Nov 3, 2016
What about an early top 10-ranking? Would be curious too see one.:naughty:
I know there´s looong time left but it´s interesting now to look three years back for the 2018 NHL Draft Prospects. Top pick was named like Emilio Pettersen, Wahlstrom, Zadina, Wise, Svechnikov and Veleno. Some is still there, some have fallen down on the list. It´s really hard to be sure, but it´s a bit easier to speculate, and just for fun of course...

HockeyProspects101

May 30, 2018
1 - Aidan Hreschuk
2 - Dylan Gratton
3 - Danil Chayka
4 - Prokhor Poltapov
5 - Sean Tschigerl
6 - Aatu Raty
7 - Peter Reynolds
8 - Trevor Wong
9 - Owen Power
10 - Stiven Sardarian

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Niko Huuhtanen is very good for Finland. I'd have him as the top prospect over Aatu Räty at this point in time so seeing no mentions and Aatu Räty in top 10 lists is a little...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad