Prospect Info: 2021 NHL Draft Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
Ya, after much internal debate, i think Clarke is locked in as my 2nd rated draft eligible Dman (after Power).

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
3rd player the Ducks official FB posted about is Dylan Guenther. So many have the Ducks picking Guenther......hmmm

Last edited:

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Are they not doing North American skaters first?

Edit: Appears to be a mix. I see Edvidssons

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
What worries me about 3rd overall is past 3rd overalls like Kotkaniemi, Drouin, Galchenyuk, Gudbranson, Jack Johnson, Bogosian.

I hope we get more of a Stuztle or Heiskenen than a Kotkaniemi

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
There’s two scenarios. Buffalo goes eklund at 1 in that case power falls to us at 3 or power goes to Buffalo and we get eklund.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Interesting comment from Murray - targeting a F perhaps?

“We just did a presentation for ownership,” Murray said, referring to Henry and Susan Samueli. “If you look at any of the top teams this season, and back when we were good, the core of their players, 80 percent of them, come from the draft, if not more. This is a big draft for us. Whoever we get (in the first round) has to be capable of playing in our core, in our top-six forwards.”
Draft serves as foundation for Ducks GM Bob Murray’s rebuilding project

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Looking at the Kraken roster… they don’t look like they will be targeting a defenseman… or center. They appear to be targeting offensive upside who might be able to play as early as next year… only guy that could be is Eklund IMO. Buffalo has some interest as well but everyone is expecting them to pick Power.

My guess is that it’s going to be
1 Power
2 Eklund

or
1 Eklund
2 McTavish (Crazy?)

That would leave us with many options… Murray wanted to trade down last year and it looks like we can do that if we get some hungry teams. Both Devils and BJS have excess picks to get the player that they want. Would we pass on Beniers/Power (BJS) and Hughes (Devils) for picks and maybe contract swaps? I feel that we might be high on Edvinsson (and he looks like a target for picks 5-10). We might be willing to go for a home run pick if we got more assets.

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
I find it very hard for Seattle to not pick Beniers given their severe lack of Center depth. Yes FA and trades can solve it, but we're not there yet. (Literally could have picked several good options during the expansion draft: Henrique, Domi, etc.)

Any one of Eklund Beniers or Power and I'm a happy camper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad