Draft 2021 NHL Draft and Undrafted Free Agent Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Beniers looks to be on the top line center for USA at Worlds. If there is a way that Drury can figure out how to move up and grab this guy we would have it made in the shade.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Beniers looks to be on the top line center for USA at Worlds. If there is a way that Drury can figure out how to move up and grab this guy we would have it made in the shade.

Moving up from 15 to the top 3 would cost a boatload and would probably take away half of the cache of our pipeline now and in the future, all for one asset. Not to mention '22 & '23 are gearing up to be excellent draft classes.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Moving up from 15 to the top 3 would cost a boatload and would probably take away half of the cache of our pipeline now and in the future, all for one asset. Not to mention '22 & '23 are gearing up to be excellent draft classes.
I agree it would take a lot but you’re defining hyperbolic - half our pipeline is being ridiculous. Buch was almost traded for 9th overall in an actual good draft. In a crapshoot year, who knows? I don’t think he’s going too 3 but could be 4 or 5.

Last edited:

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
I agree it would take a lot but you’re defunding hyperbolic - half our pipeline is being ridiculous. Buch was almost traded for 9th overall in an actual good draft. In a crapshoot year, who knows? I don’t think he’s going too 3 but could be 4 or 5.

Trading away two former firsts and two or three future first is pretty hefty even for a stacked club.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
It’s becoming pretty obvious to me that Zach L’Heureux is the pick eh? Thick center with a knack for scoring dirty goals. Plays on the edge and often crosses the line? Also had some swagger, comes off as a bit of a prick.

Sounds like just what the doctor ordered.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
It’s becoming pretty obvious to me that Zach L’Heureux is the pick eh? Thick center with a knack for scoring dirty goals. Plays on the edge and often crosses the line? Also had some swagger, comes off as a bit of a prick.

Sounds like just what the doctor ordered.

I just don’t see where the minutes are going to come until Kreider departs. L’H is pure left wing.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
I just don’t see where the minutes are going to come until Kreider departs. L’H is pure left wing.

L'H won't play right away so that's not a problem.

And if I'm picking between Svechkov and Raty, I'll take Svechkov. But Svech has a very calm demeanor I'm not sure that's going to fly with the new Rangers attitude/tough guys of social media.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Man, McTavish is easily going top 10, book it. Kid was an absolute truck at the U-18! He'll be a force on the forecheck.

After months of us trying to get as much info as possible, we're left with what ... two natural centers in the top 20 picks or so?

Beniers and Räty. That's it, lol.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Man, McTavish is easily going top 10, book it. Kid was an absolute truck at the U-18! He'll be a force on the forecheck.

After months of us trying to get as much info as possible, we're left with what ... two natural centers in the top 20 picks or so?

Beniers and Räty. That's it, lol.

I wouldn't mind a talented Center at number 15, Svechkov ideally because he's a two way natural center and he's slotted mid round in most mocks. I'm not so sure Raty falls and if he does, in this draft, that might be a red flag.

Second round has some good looking Center prospects, and then maybe Josh Doan in the next round.

There may not be a lot of top-end talent in this draft but there's definitely potential to add depth all throughout this draft and in positions we could use some depth down the line.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I heard from Woodlief. He was at the World-U18's. Redline Reports target date for the releasing the Guide will now be right around June 29th-30th - around 25 days prior to the Draft.

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
It's virtually impossible to do under normal circumstances. Off the top of my head, I cant remember an instance where a team traded out of a top 3, let alone to drop back to 10-15 spot. Teams have coveted those picks since the salary cap was implemented simply because the return is cost-controlled, highly talented players.

Now, with the flat cap, the value of those picks has increased that much more. I know it's crazy, but in a vacuum the #2 or #3 pick this year could be more valuable than Kakko or Laf, given those players will have an extra year on their ELC/RFA control. To be clear, I'm not making that argument...just saying it theoretically could be made.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
we knew that Arizona would forfeit their 1st,
but i had not been clear how that would play out.
Saw this today

Reactions: NYR Viper

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
yeah so you move up a pick, but don't get better odds to win the lottery.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
It took a while for the Rangers to end up in the top 2 after hitting reset lottery on Tankathon.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 8.01.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 8.01.40 PM.png
    729.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 7.59.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 7.59.41 PM.png
    710.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 6.40.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 6.40.26 PM.png
    843 KB · Views: 9

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
That rule doesn't start until 2022, and only counts wins as of 2021, so Kakko and Laf don't count against us.

if only the rest of the league wasn’t kicking and screaming like Steve Yzerman. Maybe a few #1’s wouldn’t be in Edmonton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad